Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 18 Jan 2010 (Monday) 20:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Which camera bag do you use & why?

Slurms
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 21, 2010 07:24 |  #46

RandyS wrote in post #9432275 (external link)
You don't say whether you got the 1:4 or the 1:2.8 70-200, but with the 1:2.8 you don't want to simply let it dangle from your neck for very long.

It's the f/4

Canon XTi - 28-135mm IS - 70-200mm f/4 L (non-IS) - Canon 430ex II
Flickr (external link) (just started it)
My (and others) blog and podcast about video games: Multiplaying (external link)

sponsored links
billylid
63 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 10, 2010 20:56 |  #47

Hi, currently own a Tenba Messenger bag (small). It houses my canon 40D with 24-105 lens. Still have room in bag for other len(s), any various other smaller accessories. Have replaced shoulder strap with Op/Tech S.0.S shoulder strap. I love the top zip for very easy quick access to camera, and the multiple carry pockets. cheers, Bill.

Bill (NZ)
Camera Gear; 40D with grip, 70-200 F2.8 L, Lowepro TopLoader Zoom 50AW, 55AW, Slik Pro 700DX Tripod, Slik The Pro Pod 618-720.

DeaconG
Goldmember
1,474 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Sep 10, 2010 21:19 |  #48

When I'm running around locally and I don't need everything, it's either the Lowepro ProRunner 300 (with Slip Lock 1N and Slip Lock 60) or my Tamrac Pro 12, depending on my situation at the moment.

If I need everything and I'm home, it's the Lowepro ProRunner 450AW.

Vacation...depends on whether I want to carry my laptop separately or not.
If I have to have the laptop with my gear, it's the Vertex 300AW.
If I don't, then I use my ProRunner 450AW as a home base bag and take my Tamrac Pro 8 for when I don't need my Bigmos with me.

Gripped 5D Mark II & 50D|70-200 2.8 IS L|24-105 L|17-55|10-22|28 1.8|Σ 150-500|Σ 120-300 EX DG|Σ 50 1.4 EX|Σ APO 2X TC|580EXII|various other bits and pieces
"Reality holds surprises for everyone!" King Solovar, Crisis On Infinite Earths

_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,458 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 10, 2010 21:26 |  #49

So many!

7MDH for weddings
Lowepro Exchange Messenger is my daily bag
DIY target Bag When I need a bit more than the minimum
Lowepro Fastpack 200 for work although I'm thinking of swapping to a Kata 3n1-22 so if someone wants to trade?

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Location: No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.

Sep 10, 2010 21:39 |  #50

I have 3 main bags I use, all 3 are Billingham. I have owned plenty of bags but settled on these as they are the easiest to carry I have ever used. I had a major shoulder rebuild (pins, anchors, mylar, etc...) and it is hard for me to do a lot of anything. I was using a Domke with the postal pad at the time of the surgery and it just became too uncomfortable to carry. I can carry the Billinghams all day with no soreness.

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

Evan ­ Idler
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Joined May 2005

Sep 10, 2010 23:42 |  #51

I use the Lowpro Dry Zone 200 backpack. The reason is simple. I don't drive so if it starts to rain while I'm out with the camera, I can simply put the equipment inside and zip up the waterproof Skin and I don't have to worry about the equipment getting wet, regardless how hard it rains. It's also a great backpack, it fits well, has good padding on the straps and a waist strap that actually fits my girth ;-)a And I can walk around for hours with it filled with a ton of equipment, without it bothering my shoulders.

--Evan

Canon5DIII + Some L + Some non L + Some Sigma + Some Tamron + other stuff....
Patiently awaiting a winning Lottery Ticket to afford all the toys I would really like :-P

bohdank
Cream of the Crop
14,060 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 10, 2010 23:55 |  #52

I had a Fastpac 200 and would never buy another "backpack" again. If I have to take it off, put it down, to change lenses, then it is useless to me, other than for transport.

Currently I use a Crumpler 6MDH. I can pack a 5DII with grip and any 3 lenses I have. Depending on the mix, that can go up to 4 lenses or even 5.

Quick to change lenses on the fly, which I need for what I normally shoot.

When I need to travel and take more bumps I rely on a Lowepro ProMag2, 4/5 lenses + flash. I also have a Sliplock 60 which attaches to either bag, if needed.

Bohdan - I may be, and probably am, completely wrong.
Gear List

Montreal Concert, Event and Portrait Photographer (external link)
Flickr (external link)

mswobo
Goldmember
1,322 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 11, 2010 00:13 as a reply to  @ post 9438490 |  #53

Tenba Shootout backpack large...

Lowepro aw200 belt pack.

Slingshot 300.

Different bags for different occasions.

Nikon D850 and a bunch of stuff, I have learned a lot here when I was shooting Canon, staying to keep learning..."Every time I set up I learn something new".

nitehawk55
856 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 11, 2010 06:14 as a reply to  @ post 9425134 |  #54

Hmmm , I just looked and Jennifer made that 1 post back on Jan 18th so 9 months ago and never came back. :rolleyes:

Venno
151 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Sep 11, 2010 07:16 |  #55

I've got a couple of bags but I use my crumpler easy weasy the most. Why? It's a half backpack so it's comfortable to carry around for ages and I don't have a lot of camera gears and can fit other stuff that i might require in the main compartment.

Moogle ­ Pepper
237 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 11, 2010 07:44 as a reply to  @ Venno's post |  #56

I use two bags.

If I am shooting a wedding I take both my domke f-2 and my thinktank ultralight. But typically for day to day I use my Domke.

Ted Nghiem Photo (external link)
500px (external link)

caffeine ­ fiend
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 11, 2010 08:03 |  #57

I use a Think Tank Retrospective 10. It holds all I need/have for now.

fensterbme
367 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 11, 2010 08:45 |  #58

I use the right storage for what I need... some days I'm just out with the family and need something to hold a small kit, other times I want something that can go in an existing bag I have and travel with other gear, other times I want a backpack and sometimes I need to take a lot of gear and end up using Pelican cases.

.. I own a lot of bags and I use them as I need.

Soft Bags:
Crumpler 6M Dollar Home
Crumpler 7M Dollar Home
Crumpler Complete Seed Messenger bag (customized by Twin Six)
Crumpler Barney Rustler
Crumpler Bucket for Barney Rustler/Western Lawn (I shove this in the Barney or the Complete Seed which has room for the bucket and other stuff)

Backpack:
Kata Bumblebee 222 - Simply the best backpack anywhere

Hard Cases:
Pelican 1514 x2
Pelican 1560 x2
Pelican 1614 x1

My gear lives in the Pelican stuff, and I just pull out what I need for one off kind of thing... but often times for work some or all of the Pelican cases come with (along with the other soft bags for lighting modifiers, grip gear, etc.).

My Gear: Doesn't Matter, but I have more than my fair share of it.
My Web Site:
http://www.fenstermach​er-photo.com/ (external link)
My flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/fensterbme/ (external link)

efciv
35 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 11, 2010 09:03 |  #59

My Domke F-2 bought in 1980 is full. I'm going to order a Domke F-9 for a second bag.

friz
Goldmember
1,595 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 11, 2010 09:09 |  #60

Domke F-2, because it fits my gear perfectly.

sponsored links

21,801 views & 0 likes for this thread
Which camera bag do you use & why?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.