Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 21 Mar 2008 (Friday) 13:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Aussie (Austrailian Shepherds) owners unit!

Pippen
63 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 11, 2010 15:47 |  #136

Ariel wrote in post #10890813 (external link)
canon_lover88:
While I understand your point also your approach might not be the best, In fact most toy/mini breeds you see today are not the result of natural selection, but cross breeding. Not even all the Registration Clubs you mentioned, specially the AKC want to agree on a Breed Standard with other Clubs, and that's the reason AKC created/affiliated their own USASA and this is because of the AKC wanting to create a "Breed Standard" that would be good for "show dogs" only and forget about working lines. Even though toys/minis are not the case but working lines can look a lot different than show lines and still be purebred dogs, this is well noticeable with a lot other shepherd breeds. I know a lot of people who have bought "Purebred AKC" aussies that are only good for conformation because they are good show samples, but they lack everything else that an aussie is about. Truth is at the end of the day, if you want your loving furry friend to cuddle next to you and be your companion, it doesnt matter what you want to call him/her or who wants to accept him a on their registry, you can call him boy or you can call her girl, and they'll jump all over you.
My Bella comes from AKC/CKC parents, but the only registry I cared about was ASCA.

To finish, I do not think anything that has been said here could be insulting to anyone, of course unless fanaticism takes a part on the conversation. The main reason I did not wanted to become part of AKC in any way, is demonstrated here in your post, that attitude of my dog is better than yours because he's AKC, or you have a Mutt or Sato so they are not worth anything.

Anyway, love your dog regardless of how much it cost you, whether it was $1500 from a breeder or $50 from the County Shelter, they'll love you the same way since they don't know what was their price tag.

I agree with the bolded points above. However, it is misleading to call a dog a mini or toy Australian Shepherd. The ASCA is preferred by a lot of people, myself included. It doesn't matter to me if my current dogs are registered or not. I plan to register Pip as an LEP dog through the ASCA. That way I can compete in anything, but conformation. I am a member of the AussieBoard. I love the conversations over there. A few have been about the differences of conformation and working stock. I believe that the herding instinct MUST be preserved, regardless of conformation, etc.

- Danielle

sponsored links
Pippen
63 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 11, 2010 15:48 |  #137

phfalcon wrote in post #6759189 (external link)
She is a cutie for city Aussie ;)

Here are a couple of more of the boys....some people seem to feel they are posing for pictures but I don't know how you get puppies to pose. I tend to try and catch them when they are tired from playing and need a rest. In this case looking for some shade.

That first picture is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!!

- Danielle

Ariel
182 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Sep 11, 2010 17:30 |  #138

Wow my friend I think you are in the wrong forum for that type of discussion. But once again, no miniature or toy breed from a standard breed has ever been a product of natural selection, but of dog design. But since piggyback riding is a concern and I am almost 100% positive that you are an AKC member, You could start your breed protection program by telling AKC to change the name of the Miniature Bull Terrier, since they have been piggyback riding the Bull Terrier (standard) since 1991 when AKC recognized them.

This is not the place for this, but I'm just trying to prove your point. People call them mini aussies, or toy aussies because they have been cross-bred with small dogs to cut their sizes, but their appearance, their traits, temperament for the most part remain from the Australian Shepherd.
People will most likely will continue to call them that, North American Shepherd is a nice breed name, but it still is an Australian Shepherd that was 1) Cross-bred with small dog 2)Inter-bred with small lines.

"Enjoy your pets regardless of what they are."

canon_lover88 wrote in post #10888222 (external link)
I am not making personal attacks.

The fact is the "mini/toy" Australian Shepherds is not being accepted by the American Kennel Club, the Australian Shepherd Club of America, the United States Australian Shepherd Association, etc. That is not by my standards, but by the clubs/organizations/br​eeders who have created this breed. These organizations and people are responsible for creating and maintaining this wonderful breed. They are the individuals not accepting any size varieties of the Australian Shepherd.

By all means, create an individual breed. Do not piggyback on the Australian Shepherd breed. Why wouldn't you (general you) not want to have your own breed recognition?

Feedbackhttps://photography-on-the.net …rch.php?searchi​d=10868450

Pippen
63 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 11, 2010 20:11 |  #139

Back to the photos this thread was started for :)

Anyone have any new photos? I will be posting more once I can actually capture a decent action shot.

Pip as a pup

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

He looks like a mouse with those whiskers :)
IMAGE NOT FOUND

- Danielle

View_Finder
415 posts
Joined May 2010

Sep 11, 2010 20:27 as a reply to  @ Pippen's post |  #140

My good friend's girl...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5D4, 7D2, 16-35 f/4L IS, 24-70 f/2.8L II, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 100-400L IS II, 100 f/2.8L IS, 300 f/4L IS, 500 f/4L IS, 2xIII, Σ35A, Σ85A, Samyang 14 f/2.8 & 85 f/1.4
http://viewfinder.us/ (external link)
Just call me Jack

tattooDan
452 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 11, 2010 21:53 |  #141
bannedPermanent ban

one more of Z

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

tattooDan
452 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 12, 2010 22:52 |  #142
bannedPermanent ban

drying off after a bath today

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

View_Finder
415 posts
Joined May 2010

Sep 13, 2010 09:13 as a reply to  @ tattooDan's post |  #143

tattooDan - I love these shots! #3 is terrific.

I bet they all dry off the same way... rub each cheek, roll around, run around the house like like their butt is on fire... :)

5D4, 7D2, 16-35 f/4L IS, 24-70 f/2.8L II, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 100-400L IS II, 100 f/2.8L IS, 300 f/4L IS, 500 f/4L IS, 2xIII, Σ35A, Σ85A, Samyang 14 f/2.8 & 85 f/1.4
Just call me Jack

palmor
959 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Sep 13, 2010 09:20 |  #144

View_Finder wrote in post #10899289 (external link)
I bet they all dry off the same way... rub each cheek, roll around, run around the house like like their butt is on fire... :)

I know that is how Ash does it! :D

John
http://pbase.com/palmo​r (external link)
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/johnw_trishw[/​URL (external link)
http://johnwoolleyphot​ography.com (external link)
Gear List

tattooDan
452 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 13, 2010 10:31 |  #145
bannedPermanent ban

View_Finder wrote in post #10899289 (external link)
tattooDan - I love these shots! #3 is terrific.

tattooDan
452 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 13, 2010 10:31 |  #146
bannedPermanent ban

palmor wrote in post #10899326 (external link)
I know that is how Ash does it! :D

an aussie thing LOL

View_Finder
415 posts
Joined May 2010

Sep 13, 2010 11:49 as a reply to  @ tattooDan's post |  #147

Rocket doing his thing.

He likes being the chaser, but not so much being the chasee (unless it is by one of his friends). Funny because he could so easily evade the ones he doesn't like but won't.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Just call me Jack

toadhunter911
439 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 13, 2010 13:21 |  #148

This was our boy Bo. Unfortunately we had to put him down just over a year ago. He had a brain tumor...

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i14.photobucket​.com …1/PETS/boboport​rait-1.jpg (external link)

http://i14.photobucket​.com …dhunter911/PETS​/BoBo1.jpg (external link)

http://i14.photobucket​.com …911/PETS/IMG_73​99-1-1.jpg (external link)

We still miss him dearly.

Craig
Gear List

Pippen
63 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 13, 2010 14:31 |  #149

What a handsome boy Bo was!! I am sorry for your loss.

Anyone else notice how incredibly fast their foot hair grows?!? Lol....I am always scissoring/trimming feet.

- Danielle

footdoc66
86 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 13, 2010 16:28 as a reply to  @ Pippen's post |  #150

The first is of our beloved Rusty who died about 1 1/2 years ago. The next is of our rescue dog Zip who is "only" half Aussie and half Brittany spaniel. He looks like a small Aussie and a great friend to all of us.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Equipt: Canon 40D, Canon 7D, Canon 70-200L 2.8is II, Canon 24-105 4.0L, Canon 50mm 1.8,

sponsored links

68,556 views & 64 likes for this thread
Aussie (Austrailian Shepherds) owners unit!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.