Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 22 Apr 2010 (Thursday) 18:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lets See Your Logo!

olelovold
270 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 09, 2010 15:54 |  #556

Here's mine. Made by a designer friend of mine. It's simple and I like it. Originally the logo included aperture blades but that's become so much of a cliché that we decided to drop it.

Oh, and the logo is in Norwegian, so it means something like Fresh Photography. It has nothing to do with frisking.

IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]

My site (external link)

sponsored links
Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Sep 09, 2010 15:57 |  #557

That's frisky!

I like it, simple and to the point.

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Sep 09, 2010 16:00 |  #558

Very nice Frisky Foto.

Jahalu
111 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 09, 2010 16:26 |  #559

here's mine logo....just did it a few days ago....cheers for some input ;)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i840.photobucke​t.com …095/logo.jpg?t=​1284067510 (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

50D | Canon 28-135 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Crumpler 5 MDB | Slik able 300 DX
deviantART
http://jahalu.devianta​rt.com/ (external link)

seesaw
160 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 09, 2010 22:11 |  #560

Frisk logo, thumbs UP!

50D • • • Tamron 2X Convertor • • • Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM • • • Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II - Nifty Fifty • • • Canon EF-S 17-85mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM

spesmeadeus
987 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Sep 09, 2010 23:46 |  #561

after playing around with a few different designs this is what i landed on. I like it...what do you think?

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/4976129968_a561d83e94_z.jpg

How does focal length affect portraits? (external link)
| Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear | Facebook (external link) |

NorCalNomad
Goldmember
1,074 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Sep 10, 2010 11:43 |  #562

photoguy6405 wrote in post #10878044 (external link)
Why are serif fonts discouraged? I prefer sans-serif myself, just curious. (Just don't say "Because it's unprofessional". That's like a parent saying 'because I said so" or "because it's the way we've always done it" without really knowing *why*.)

I also like small caps... just throwing my 2c in on that one. Though in Jeff39's logo, it's all over the place... small caps, all caps, no caps.

Yeah not sure who is saying that BUT there is something to it. Generally serif'd fonts are better for reading (think Times New Roman) and that's kinda what they get thrown into the service of. This plays into that now a day, most of the time, you want your logo to look "new, modern, and fresh" and serif'd fonts don't come off as that most of the time. Even the category of modern type faces that are serif'd don't look quite"new", example Bodoni (one of my favorite serif'd typefaces)

Basically blame Helvetica for all this san serif craze :P

...screw listing gear,it just sets up preconceived notions...but if you must link (external link)

NorCalNomad.com (external link)
Industrial Design Portfolio (external link)
$15 Targus Monopod Review

photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,310 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 10, 2010 12:09 |  #563

Like I said, I generally prefer sans-serif myself, but... there are time that serif fonts are more easily readable. The "i"s and "I"s and "l"s in sans-serif fonts can get confusing at times, especially.

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback
Equipment For Sale: Canon PowerShot A95

tkadrum
Goldmember
2,319 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 10, 2010 12:15 as a reply to  @ photoguy6405's post |  #564

Please help.
I am new with mac photoshop cs5.
I was wondering if someone could help me incorporate the logo(saved as .gif) to my images when post editing with Photoshop?
Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can call me Tom

spesmeadeus
987 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Sep 11, 2010 00:52 |  #565

tkadrum wrote in post #10885262 (external link)
Please help.
I am new with mac photoshop cs5.
I was wondering if someone could help me incorporate the logo(saved as .gif) to my images when post editing with Photoshop?
Thanks in advance.

save your logo as a PNG that way you can keep anything that is transparent!

How does focal length affect portraits? (external link)
| Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear | Facebook (external link) |

trickydan
177 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 11, 2010 03:17 |  #566

heres an older one, didnt use it for long, then again i didnt show many people it (had another version which had a subtle black gradient along the edge the logo was on, so usually the bottom but didnt use that much either cause it looked like a vignette gone wrong or something lol..)

since theres obviously no exif in this one it was on my nikon FE with some sort of cheap kodak film, 50mm 1.8 probably at 2 or something, cant get over how accurate the colours are with film! makes me never want to use my 550d again :P

http://i90.photobucket​.com …shot/R001-011copycopy.jpg (external link)

and heres the one ive been using recently, i really should get around to making a nice picture or something, rather than plain/neat text? by the way i never like seeing long emails with @ symbols and .coms in logos, even lots of phone numbers annoy me a bit so i tried to keep my number super simple on the side

http://i90.photobucket​.com …ntyshot/IMG_191​2copy2.jpg (external link)

trickydan's website! (external link)
gear

PerfectTan
440 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 11, 2010 17:08 as a reply to  @ trickydan's post |  #567

Here is mine

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4090/4980890600_7e78365d6d_b.jpg

My Gear: Do you really want to know?

helloagain36
Goldmember
1,493 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Sep 11, 2010 18:37 as a reply to  @ post 10808113 |  #568

This is my first attempt at logo design. I am cheap and I didn't feel like paying someone, so I decided to try for myself.

IMAGE: http://www.dbwimages.com/photos/1003624795_wxxPP-M.png

-Dave

Ultimo~
24 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 11, 2010 22:05 |  #569

trickydan wrote in post #10888838 (external link)
heres an older one, didnt use it for long, then again i didnt show many people it (had another version which had a subtle black gradient along the edge the logo was on, so usually the bottom but didnt use that much either cause it looked like a vignette gone wrong or something lol..)

since theres obviously no exif in this one it was on my nikon FE with some sort of cheap kodak film, 50mm 1.8 probably at 2 or something, cant get over how accurate the colours are with film! makes me never want to use my 550d again :P

and heres the one ive been using recently, i really should get around to making a nice picture or something, rather than plain/neat text? by the way i never like seeing long emails with @ symbols and .coms in logos, even lots of phone numbers annoy me a bit so i tried to keep my number super simple on the side]

I actually prefer the first one, I really don't like how you have your ph. number in the second.

trickydan
177 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 12, 2010 10:29 |  #570

Ultimo~ wrote in post #10892305 (external link)
I actually prefer the first one, I really don't like how you have your ph. number in the second.

ah really? do u like the 1st once over the 2nd just because it doesnt have a phone number? or do you like it better overall? neeeed CC and its SO great to get advice from you guys by the way! thanks in advance ultimo!

my dad actually suggested i put the number there so if anyone sees the photo they can contact me instantly, but i think that's slightly old school thinking so i was never 100% on the number..

trickydan's website! (external link)
gear

sponsored links

320,100 views & 6 likes for this thread
Lets See Your Logo!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.