Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 11 Sep 2010 (Saturday) 10:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Please look quickly: How would you interpret this rule?

NinetyEight
"Banned for life"
3,206 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 12, 2010 05:56 |  #16

krb wrote in post #10892269 (external link)
[/LIST]The first bullet is clear enough, but the second is kinda wierd. I'm trying to think of a camera with a non removable lens that is 6" long and I'm drawing a blank.

Same here - maybe you could weld a 5.9" lens on to a 50D and get in :shock:

Kev

sponsored links
Larry ­ Weinman
Goldmember
1,438 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Sep 12, 2010 08:26 |  #17

The big problem here is if you get a gatekeeper who thinks it is a pro camera you don't get to take it in and since they never have places to check your belongings you will be SOL.

7D Mark II 6D 100mm f 2.8 macro 180mm f 3.5 macro, MP-E-65 300mm f 2.8 500mm f4 Tokina 10-17mm fisheye 10-22mm 17-55mm 24-105mm 70-300mm 70-200 f 2.8 Mk II 100-400mm Mk II 1.4 TCIII 2X TCIII 580EX II 430 EX II MT 24 EX Sigma 150-600

Dave1
74 posts
Joined Jul 2004

Sep 12, 2010 08:42 |  #18

I couldn’t make the decision without knowing how far I would have to walk back to the car, and what (if anything) that would do to my seating.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i4.photobucket.​com …e/Web%20Stuff/b​iggrin.gif (external link)

So Mike... did they let you carry it in?

Rekd
199 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 12, 2010 09:26 as a reply to  @ Dave1's post |  #19

Larry Weinman wrote in post #10893868 (external link)
The big problem here is if you get a gatekeeper who thinks it is a pro camera you don't get to take it in and since they never have places to check your belongings you will be SOL.

The bad thing about this is that each security guard will enforce this differently.

The good thing about this is that each security guard will enforce this differently.

In other words, if you're unclear about the 'rules', chances are there are at least a few security guards that are unclear about them too, so you may benefit from simply walking to another gate and trying there instead of walking back to the car in defeat. :p

What's in your (external link) sippy cup?
My stuff:
A low-light hi-def rapid shooter, a sniper, a couple old school 35s.

Some L, a nifty f/1.4, a kit IS, some slow EFs and two crappy Qs.

merp
490 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Sep 12, 2010 10:05 as a reply to  @ Rekd's post |  #20
bannedPermanently

Put it in a female's purse, works great in Colorado.

MikeFairbanks
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,428 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 12, 2010 11:11 |  #21

PhotosByEric wrote in post #10893061 (external link)
Private property means private rules. We don't have to like it we just have to do it.

To the OP: How did it go? Did they let you in?

That's debatable right there, since the taxpayers usually get the bill for stadiums. I don't know if the Georgia Dome is privately funded or paid for by the city (or a combination of both). Heck, even if they were given tax breaks, then it should be available for public use.

UPDATE: They let me in and I took all the pics I wanted. Many others did the same thing.

They even let in people with Nikons.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

These fans were rowdy, and my father-in-law wanted to complain and tell them to shut up (they sat right behind us). I told my FIL: "If you do, you're on your own."

I thought they were pretty cool. Just college kids having a good time.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Thank you. bw!

BreitlingFan
Goldmember
1,427 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 12, 2010 11:16 as a reply to  @ MikeFairbanks's post |  #22
bannedPermanent ban

I like the policy at Petco Park in San Diego.

You can take in anything you want, just don't block anyone's view while you're taking pictures...

Gear List
"I feel bad for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're gonna' feel all day." - Dean Martin

Vortex99
"just got back from therapy... "
2,772 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 12, 2010 11:17 |  #23

some nice captures.. of the day.. Nice to see places like this using a little common sense..

-Peter

Vortex99
"just got back from therapy... "
2,772 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 12, 2010 11:17 |  #24

BreitlingFan wrote in post #10894442 (external link)
I like the policy at Petco Park in San Diego.

You can take in anything you want, just don't block anyone's view while you're taking pictures...

That is the way it should be all the time.. everywhere.

-Peter

MikeFairbanks
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,428 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 12, 2010 13:13 |  #25

The Georgia Dome needed more light. I suspect that on the big NFL games (Falcons) they have more light. I suspect this because the top two layers of seating were closed off and there were no lights coming from those sections. Even though the lighting for those areas aren't intended for the field (but, rather the seats, etc.) it probably makes a difference.

I shot in 1600 all day, and could only get to about 250 on the shutter speed with good exposure. So I shot in RAW and took it up at times to 640, lightening in DPP. But then there's noise to deal with.

Long story short: Not a lot of good action shots, but still some decent shots of play set-ups, ets.

I did miss a few plays here and there. I have a difficult time with attention.

I had to swing around quickly for this shot VVV so I had to spend a lot of time processing it. One of the filters I used from Topaz Adjust is called Smooth and Flat. It helped smooth the skin tone a bit, but luckily didn't flatten the image too much. ;)

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Thank you. bw!

pcj
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 14, 2010 11:36 |  #26

I just fell foul of this one - went to the Life is Good festival here in MA - rules said "no professional camera with removable lenses" so I took the G11 instead of the 7D.

Missed a ton of good shots as a result, and got to see plenty of people with their DSLR's out, photographing their kids enjoying the festival. Bummer.

7D (gripped) | GoPro Hero HD | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | 40mm f/2.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 28mm f/1.8 | 3 * 600EX-RT - All gear
http://www.rt2photo.co​m (external link)
http://www.facebook.co​m/rt2photo (external link)

sponsored links

6,138 views & 0 likes for this thread
Please look quickly: How would you interpret this rule?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.