Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 15 Sep 2010 (Wednesday) 00:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Nikon D7000...everything the 60D should have been but wasn't?

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,586 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 15, 2010 12:19 |  #76

TeamSpeed wrote in post #10914227 (external link)
Canon and Nikon have been doing this song and dance for years, it's nothing new. It's called competition!

Yeah, but it was a lot more fun in the 10D-40D days when canon was eating Nikon's lunch! :lol:

What I think is funny is that it seems like Nikon was really trying hard to create a 50D killer and Canon was obviously trying really hard to create a D90 killer. So now they switched places and ended up with the same problem in that the bodies aren't direct competitors.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
EOS Rp | iPhone 11 Pro Max

sponsored links
MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 15, 2010 12:20 |  #77
bannedPermanent ban

greene.matt wrote in post #10914368 (external link)
Oh I wasn't saying he shouldn't be here, just that I was curious his reasons for still posting/reading here. I just feel like it'd be akin to selling your Dell, Zune, and Windows Phone 7 all for the Apple Equivalents but still posting on a Microsoft forum for the aforementioned reasons. Seems odd is all.

It's not odd at all really, I and others are still part of many forums where we may no longer own the object it was created for. See it becomes less about the cameras here and more about the community.

No offense, but you just got here, and you're in no position to question anyone else. Especially a senior and respected member like Nick.

http://www.Michael-Bernard.com (external link)"I think that there will be people disappointed in any camera short of the one that summons the ghost of Ansel Adams to come and press the shutter button for them." -lazer-jock

mantra
Goldmember
1,617 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Sep 15, 2010 12:29 as a reply to  @ post 10911811 |  #78

for me it's face fist, punch to canon

canon 5d markII,24L & 24ts , 35L ,17-40L,24-70L,70-200 2.8ISL,50 1.4,85 1.4 , canon eos 3 ,eos 5 ,t90 , ae program and some very sweet fd lenses
3 analogic Hasselblad and 2 anologic Mamiya

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,586 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 15, 2010 12:35 |  #79

I just noticed the control layout looks awful. People were whining about moving the joystick on the Canon, but look at this mess:

(images from dpreview)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Taylor

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 15, 2010 12:37 |  #80
bannedPermanent ban

yuck

http://www.Michael-Bernard.com (external link)"I think that there will be people disappointed in any camera short of the one that summons the ghost of Ansel Adams to come and press the shutter button for them." -lazer-jock

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,586 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 15, 2010 12:40 |  #81

Yeah, my thought exactly.

Even the Rebels have a much more intuitive layout, IMO.

Taylor

e02937
Goldmember
2,714 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 15, 2010 12:41 |  #82

Seems like the controls are about the same from the d90. Doesn't mean they don't suck just saying they aren't that different which makes sense for Nikon users who are used to it. I much prefer Canon's layout.

IMAGE: http://www.nikonusa.com/Assets/Digital-SLR/25446-Nikon-D90/Views/25446_D90_back.png

Canon 7d
[15-85 IS] [70-200
f/4L IS] [I'm a PC]
[Full gear list and feedback]

Mark2Mark
136 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 15, 2010 12:45 |  #83

The designer said "I'm not sure what this button does, so I've labeled it '?' "

Gear

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,586 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Sep 15, 2010 12:48 |  #84

I think they said, "I don't know where to fit these important exposure and focus controls so I will put them all on the left side so you can't change settings without taking your left hand off the lens."

That seems awful. I am sure I could get used to it, but it just doesn't make sense next to Canon. Even the Rebels have all the control for exposure and focus changeable by just the right hand. You can change anything while your eye is in the VF and your left hand is working and holding the lens.

Taylor

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
39,207 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Sep 15, 2010 12:48 |  #85

Mark2Mark wrote in post #10914628 (external link)
The designer said "I'm not sure what this button does, so I've labeled it '?' "

No, since there is a mic on the back, you simply hit that button, state your question verbally, and the camera will do a video tutorial displaying the answer to your question. :)

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 15, 2010 12:54 |  #86
bannedPermanent ban

Ok...wait....where is the rear wheel?!?!?

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …0Hosting/Smilie​s/bino.gif (external link)

ingraman
169 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Sep 15, 2010 12:56 as a reply to  @ MichaelBernard's post |  #87

Pretty sure Nikons don't use the Canon type rear wheel. They have a thumb wheel on the top right.

MichaelBernard
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 15, 2010 12:59 |  #88
bannedPermanent ban

ingraman wrote in post #10914698 (external link)
Pretty sure Nikons don't use the Canon type rear wheel. They have a thumb wheel on the top right.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://img.photobucket​.com …sting/Smilies/s​cratch.gif (external link)
Thought I laid the sarcasm on pretty thick there....d'oh forgot sarcasm font!!!

ingraman
169 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Sep 15, 2010 13:01 as a reply to  @ MichaelBernard's post |  #89

They really need to invent a sarcasm font. But hey, at least Nikon still doesn't have the direct print button.

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 15, 2010 13:06 |  #90

greene.matt wrote in post #10914317 (external link)
Not to sound rude, but why are you then on a completely Canon forum?

As others have eluded to, this is a photography forum first and foremost. Second, this thread wasn't posted in the Canon specific gear section, but in the general photography section. Thirdly, again, as others have eluded to, I've been a Canon shooter for years before I switched 5 months ago so I would think I know what I am talking about when comparing the 2 systems. But I might be wrong...:lol:

greene.matt wrote in post #10914368 (external link)
Oh I wasn't saying he shouldn't be here, just that I was curious his reasons for still posting/reading here. I just feel like it'd be akin to selling your Dell, Zune, and Windows Phone 7 all for the Apple Equivalents but still posting on a Microsoft forum for the aforementioned reasons. Seems odd is all.

Well, I'm glad I have your permission to be here. :lol:
Seems odd to be talking about photography related topic in a "General" photography section? Hmm...someone's sounding odd and it sure ain't me. ;):lol:

sponsored links

27,461 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nikon D7000...everything the 60D should have been but wasn't?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.