Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 15 Sep 2010 (Wednesday) 23:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Nikon D3100

Ryan7490
264 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 15, 2010 23:14 |  #1

Didn't see any threads on the new Nikon D3100 yet. So far looks promising. Lets hope its not as abysmal as the D3000 :rolleyes:

Nikon D610, 50 f/1.8, 70-300 VRII

(external link)

sponsored links
cogliostro
239 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Sep 16, 2010 00:14 |  #2

isn't the d3100 an old news?

5d2 and glasses
deviantart (external link)

Ryan7490
THREAD ­ STARTER
264 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 16, 2010 01:04 |  #3

cogliostro wrote in post #10918480 (external link)
isn't the d3100 an old news?

Sure all the information is out on it, but I don't think there are any reviews yet that say if nikon fixed the 5 second delay after you take a picture etc...

There are plenty of previews but I think we have to wait until it comes out to get real hands on reviews.

(external link)

cogliostro
239 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Sep 16, 2010 01:22 |  #4

Ryan7490 wrote in post #10918631 (external link)
Sure all the information is out on it, but I don't think there are any reviews yet that say if nikon fixed the 5 second delay after you take a picture etc...

There are plenty of previews but I think we have to wait until it comes out to get real hands on reviews.

Well obviously you'll not gonna get that much of information inside a canon forum :)

5d2 and glasses

AngryCorgi
-Bouncing Boy- a POTN peion
11,543 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Location: Surrounded by bunnies, squirrels and a couple of crazy corgis in NoVA...

Sep 16, 2010 06:19 |  #5

cogliostro wrote in post #10918668 (external link)
Well obviously you'll not gonna get that much of information inside a canon forum :)

This is a photography forum with a slight Canon "lean"...you normally find a lot of info on other systems that are exciting users, just not in the "Canon-specific" areas. This is not a Canon-specific area and I too am surprised not much has been said about the D3100, given that the D7000 has had tons of threads/comments.

AngryCorgi (external link) (aka Tom) ...Tools...

...Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to include it in a fruit salad...

cogliostro
239 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Sep 16, 2010 10:04 |  #6

AngryCorgi wrote in post #10919351 (external link)
This is a photography forum with a slight Canon "lean"...you normally find a lot of info on other systems that are exciting users, just not in the "Canon-specific" areas. This is not a Canon-specific area and I too am surprised not much has been said about the D3100, given that the D7000 has had tons of threads/comments.

It is not a slight lean tho, beacuse even the forum name is canon digital photography forum. And imo, the target market for d3100 are people who just started taking pictures, and are less likely to know this forum, while d7000 is very appealing for most enthusiast, especially necause of the recently released 60D which is at the same level :)

5d2 and glasses

AngryCorgi
11,543 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Location: Surrounded by bunnies, squirrels and a couple of crazy corgis in NoVA...

Sep 16, 2010 12:02 |  #7

cogliostro wrote in post #10920384 (external link)
It is not a slight lean tho, beacuse even the forum name is canon digital photography forum.

That's the entirety of the lean...It's like if you go to a lemonade stand and they are serving hot dogs, beer, ice cream and two kinds of lemonade...sort of :D

And imo, the target market for d3100 are people who just started taking pictures, and are less likely to know this forum, while d7000 is very appealing for most enthusiast, especially necause of the recently released 60D which is at the same level :)

Can't argue there. That is definitely the markets they are aiming for.

...Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to include it in a fruit salad...

Ryan7490
THREAD ­ STARTER
264 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 16, 2010 13:44 |  #8

It is not a slight lean tho, beacuse even the forum name is canon digital photography forum. And imo, the target market for d3100 are people who just started taking pictures, and are less likely to know this forum, while d7000 is very appealing for most enthusiast, especially because of the recently released 60D which is at the same level :)

Well, I know plenty of people that have a 5dmkII, or a 7D who just got into photography, and they use those cameras is full auto mode! :rolleyes: They just have a lot of money and wanted the more expensive camera...

I on the other hand am limited to something like the d3100, even though I'm much more experienced than my friend who uses his 5dmkII in full auto...

If the d3100 is vastly improved over the d3000, I'd be happy with it. You know what they say, its not the camera, its the photographer etc...

(external link)

AngryCorgi
11,543 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Sep 16, 2010 15:18 |  #9

Ryan7490 wrote in post #10921655 (external link)
Well, I know plenty of people that have a 5dmkII, or a 7D who just got into photography, and they use those cameras is full auto mode!

Well, Canon put the dumb green square on those for a reason...to help separate more people from their disposable income.

sponsored links

2,687 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nikon D3100
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.