Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 20 Sep 2010 (Monday) 05:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D - A disappointment?

this thread is locked
ToddR
766 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Sep 27, 2010 14:23 |  #196

HyperYagami wrote in post #10987156 (external link)
pretty sure that thing will be called 1ds mark iv in the meantime.

Indeed. And then some of its components can trickle down into the venerable 5D, the poor man's 1Ds. ;)

All those Canon models, yet only two full frame options in the whole lineup.

Gear List

sponsored links
TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,197 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Sep 27, 2010 14:27 |  #197

They've introduced 4 models (I think?) since the 5DII, 3 APS-C and 1 APS-H, so its time for the 1Ds to be announced. :)

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

robonrome
Goldmember
2,746 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 27, 2010 15:30 |  #198

welll I for one am anything but dissappointed. I've owned all the XXd's from 30 thru to the 60D picked up yesterday and a 5Dmk2, and frankly this body more than any other provides some real excitement - courtesy of artic screen, wireless flash control etc - and in no way feels inferior to the other XXd.

rob - check my galleries at http://hardlightimages​.zenfolio.com/ (external link)
Zenfolio coupon discount when signing up - 93R-NCK-DUT

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,197 posts
Joined May 2002

Sep 27, 2010 19:02 |  #199

What happened to our favorite slop-thrower? Once all the good publicity hit with actual xxD owners' view on the camera, coupled with actual spec facts from Canon reps themselves and from venerable review sites, there is no way to sling any more slop. ;)

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

robonrome
Goldmember
2,746 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 27, 2010 19:06 |  #200

TeamSpeed wrote in post #10989661 (external link)
What happened to our favorite slop-thrower? Once all the good publicity hit with actual xxD owners' view on the camera, coupled with actual spec facts from Canon reps themselves and from venerable review sites, there is no way to sling any more slop. ;)

take all the fun out of life, I know..., the only way to recover is to come and join us;)

rob - check my galleries at http://hardlightimages​.zenfolio.com/ (external link)
Zenfolio coupon discount when signing up - 93R-NCK-DUT

Destractions
391 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 27, 2010 19:54 |  #201

robonrome wrote in post #10989688 (external link)
take all the fun out of life, I know..., the only way to recover is to come and join us;)

It's great to read some positive first hand reviews now that it is in users hands, especially guys who have been around with much better gear as well and not just "noobs" with rebels. And ya, I'm glad to see a big slowdown in the trolling in every thread with 60d in the title. It's seems weird that so many of those posts were by a few senior users (we all know who) that obviously never even had interest in buying the 60d to begin with, Even before the announcement. It's like they were getting some sort of joy in just crapping on anything 60d.

I can't wait to join the club, unfortunately it'll have to wait the winter first. Enjoy!

The unholy trinity:
EF 70-200mm F4 \ & Tamron-F 2X TC
EFS 17-55mm f/2.8
EFS 10-22mm

fang
31 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 27, 2010 20:13 |  #202

+1

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Tony Goodale wrote in post #10978604 (external link)
There's a lot of people here that are clearly more cut out to be working in Nikon's PR dept that posting on what I thought was a Canon board...

If the 60D isn't for you, quit trashing it and buy the 7D, or a Nikon. This camera will have a market, there's a lot of people out there where this will fit into the "I want a better than entry model" segment, who may have never heard of the 30D, 40D, 50D, and are just looking for a camera with good features.

*flame suit on*
Some people on this board, who may or not not be professional photographers, seem hellbent on dragging the 60D through the mud. All you guys are doing is making Canon owners look like a bunch of pompous know it alls. Not to mention making newer people getting into this wonderful hobby feel inferior for buying "that plastic, no MA, flip screening piece of garbage that I haven't even seen in real life". Way to promote this hobby guys. *flame suit off*

FuturamaJSP
Goldmember
2,227 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 28, 2010 01:35 |  #203

lol this is funny. I never said that the 60D is inferior compared to the older xxD I mean how can it be? Even the T2i is better in many ways than the 40D/50D. All I said is that the 60D is not a worthy xxD replacement because of all the fact and specs I mentioned in my previous posts. Anyway I will stop posting in here because it's really waste of time and energy it's like trying to convince the Medieval catholic church that the earth is round and evolve around the sun and not the opposite... I guess ignorance is bliss.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard! - Fallout New Vegas
blah blah blah
DA (external link)

Spacemunkie
Goldmember
1,547 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Sep 28, 2010 02:04 |  #204

FuturamaJSP wrote in post #10991883 (external link)
...ignorance is bliss.

Isn't it just... :lol:

Scott/Spacemunkie:My photos (external link)

artyman
Sleepless in Hampshire
14,402 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Sep 28, 2010 02:40 |  #205

If ignorance is bliss...... then why aren't more people happy :D

Art that takes you there. http://www.artyman.co.​uk (external link)
Ken
Canon 7D, 350D, 15-85, 18-55, 75-300, Cosina 100 Macro, Sigma 120-300

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,197 posts
Joined May 2002

Sep 28, 2010 05:57 |  #206

Ah leave him alone, he finally gave up the fight since he cannot prove that the 60D is inferior to the previous xxD line. Based on true facts/specs and the price and personal accounts, it is a great addition to the xxD line. If you shoot low-light, or weddings, or have a studio with several slave flashes, the 60D will do better than any previous xxD.

Dave1
74 posts
Joined Jul 2004

Sep 28, 2010 06:06 |  #207

I put my 20D up for sale and said in the ad the reason for selling was that I bought a 60D. I got an email from a guy responding to my Craigslist ad that said I should have bought the 60D or the Nikon D7000 that runs circles around the 60D.

I had to laugh out loud. How messed up does your life have to be to send an email like that?

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i4.photobucket.​com …eb%20Stuff/smil​ielol5.gif (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,197 posts
Joined May 2002

Sep 28, 2010 07:17 |  #208

The internet makes people think that they know more than they really do. :)

Look how many armchair engineers we have here bashing Canon for mistakes before the camera came out. It happens each release, there is always something that people latch onto.

With the 7D, it was the mega-sized sensor and how bad the high ISO was going to be and it wasn't FF
With the 50D it was that they didn't change enough and that it was going to have MFA and that ISO was worse than the 40D
With the 40D it was again not enough over the 30D and that images were soft

With the 60D it was lack of MFA (we have come full circle here eh?) but also body size and material... ???

RTPVid
Goldmember
3,365 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 28, 2010 08:38 |  #209

The only legitimate criticism as a successor to the 50D is MFA. The body construction issue is mere ego (all pro cameras are mag) and hyperbole ("Super Rebel"). Heck, that same reviewer that used that phrase was wondering not 6 months ago why Canon made the T2i so good. He said the T2i "out-specifies" (his term) the "nominally enthusiast" (his term) 50D and was likely to cannibalize 7D sales. Even in his preview of the 60D he stated that "The 50D (and by extension the X0D range) was starting to look somewhat redundant: expensive (and in some ways outdated) compared to the rebel T2i (EOS 550D)."

Good grief. A better camera, for less money (at intro), better positioned between the T2i and the 7D is

FuturamaJSP wrote in post #10991883 (external link)
... not a worthy xxD replacement...

? Wow.

Tom

versedmb
Goldmember
4,448 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 28, 2010 09:46 |  #210

RTPVid wrote in post #10992992 (external link)
The only legitimate criticism as a successor to the 50D is MFA....

To me, this is the main negative of the 60d.

Gear List

Michael

sponsored links

100,235 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D - A disappointment?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.