Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 29 Mar 2004 (Monday) 12:08
Search threadPrev/next
Marketplace feedback thread is closed.
Marketplace feedback is now given directly in marketplace threads. Go to the thread you want to give feedback for, and click
GIVE MARKETPLACE FEEDBACK
there. Giving feedback for your own threads: do the same thing (start a feedback in your respective thread), you'll get to choose the target member in the feedback form.
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: ---=MARKETPLACE: Positive feedback=---

this thread is locked
Cole_Schmitt
Goldmember
1,280 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 27, 2010 15:12 |  #21256

Seller: Cole_Schmitt
Buyer: mpix345
Item: Canon 55-250 4-5.6 IS

Quick payment, easy to work with, great transaction.

Cole | flickr (external link)
XTi • 17-55 ƒ2.8

sponsored links
sokun
276 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 27, 2010 16:27 as a reply to  @ Cole_Schmitt's post |  #21257

Seller: Sokun
Buyer: iSax1234
Item: Canon 85 f/1.8

Quick and hasslefree payment.

sokun
276 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 27, 2010 16:27 |  #21258

Buyer: silvrr
Item: Canon 70-200 F/4L IS

sokun
276 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 27, 2010 16:28 |  #21259

Buyer: LaMyxine
Item: Canon 580EX II

evanger371
309 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Sep 27, 2010 16:43 |  #21260

Item ............. EF-S 18-200mm
Buyer ............ ricardofel
Seller ............ evanger371 (me)

Thanks Richard (ricardofel) for a fast payment and easy transaction.
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=936925

cheers -- eric

redjamesg
757 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 27, 2010 19:00 |  #21261

Seller: dKweddings.net
Buyer: redjamesg (me)
Item: 1Ds MKIII (link)

Initialy this started like most of my purchases here on POTN, with me asking if the item could be shipped abroad and how to cover the extra shipping fee.
Surprisingly Davids main concern was if I would be able to use paypal, and what might happen should the item get lost along the way.
Once we had come to a mutual agreement, the payment was made (or so I thought) turns out my bank has a security feature to prevent unintentional nigerian scams to be completed, so any amount of this magnitude had to be personaly cleared with paypal, which would require 2 - 3 days expedition.
As I informed David of this he was very understanding and assured me everything would be fine, just as long as I kept him informed on the progress with the payment.

Once payed, it was shipped the next day with pictures to verify it's shipping condition, once again david surprised me, to make sure there was tracking of the item he decided to ship it express, and he inisisted on paying the extra shipping cost, as that was not our initial agreement.
Another thing, as the item was express delivery the postalworker wouldn't accept the description of the item, this had David worried, since it was a concern wether this would provoke customs when deciding on duty fees.
We agreed that should there be any problems in this regard, we would be supportive of eachother and agreed anyone could call us to affirm the origine of the camera.

The worst thing happende, shipping time from US to Denmark was fast and reliable, but customs decided this item was in for a thorough inspection, and the item ended up seeing 19 days in customs, it was brutal, letters requesting verification of the true value of this item, and written clarification from sender as well as reciever of the origine of said camera.

David was a true trooper, he insisted we wouldn't lie or conform to their request that we'd make up a phony reciept stating this camera as a store bought item, after many many frustrating inquiries by phone or letter from customs the camera finaly broke the spirit of customs and was heading my way.

Uppon recieving the item there was clear evidence customs had had a field day with it, the outer box was dented and the original box containing the camera was turned upside down in the shipping crate, the protective foam inner lining was for the most part missing leaving the original box to bounce around.

But the camera survived thanks to Davids careful packaging where every single item within the original box was individualy carefuly bubblewrapped, it is exactly as described and from the first sound of the shutter it has amazed me, both in ergonomics aswell as handling.

If you dont want to read this long and winding description from me, heres a quick essay.

Dealing with David is a first class experience, I assure you he is willing to go the extra distance, during this transaction I feel I have gained much more than a dealer, I feel david has become a true personal friend.
The kind of person david is, can not be summed up in any short review of a trade, it would take an entire thread forced to the maximum size-limit of this board.
He is true to his word and you can expect a very professional handling.
I wouldn't hesitate to make a deal with David anytime.

Don't worry Ma'am, We're university students, We know what We're doing.
Stuff | Web (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Feedback

ehssohbee
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 27, 2010 19:11 |  #21262

I recently bought a Tokina 11-16mm off of Shwagnew, and the transaction couldn't have gone any smoother. I ended up with a great lens with warranty at a great price! It was a pleasure doing business with him. This transaction has boosted my confidence with purchasing equipment through forums rather than just brick and mortar or online retail.

utah ­ steve
952 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 27, 2010 19:13 as a reply to  @ redjamesg's post |  #21263

I just purchased an 85mm f/1.2 L II from DanaD and it was absolutely the quickest and easiest transaction I have had on this forum. In less than an hour from the time I Paypal'd the money, he had delivered the lens to the post office.

It is due here tomorrow and I'll let you all know if it is as advertised. . .

Steve

davemiller
77 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Sep 27, 2010 20:48 |  #21264

Just received my 580 EX II from Mcooper450. This used flash looks brand new. It was packaged great and shipped right away. Very happy!

Canon 5D III 7D, EOS-M, 50 1.8, 600L, 70-200L, 100-400L, 100L,24-105L, 17-40L; Sigma 30 1.4; Tamron 18-270, speedlite 580ex II, 430ex II, 1.4x Extender, 2x Extender
Dave Miller
facebook,  (external link)www.dhmphoto.com (external link), flickr (external link)http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dhmphoto/ (external link)

keithleeSTUDIOS
224 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Sep 27, 2010 23:08 |  #21265

Bought a Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens from rockabilly808 (Nathan). Quick shipping, great seller!

Keith -
5DMKII + BG-E6|7D + BG-E7 + 580EX + 580EXII w/ difussers
Canon 17-40mm f/4L|50mm F/1.4|70-200mm f/2.8L MK1|100mm f/2.8 Macro Sigma 85 f/1.4
www.keithleestudios.co​m (external link)

quachified
341 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 27, 2010 23:38 |  #21266

Seller: Me
Buyer: ktish56
Item: 7D

Paid promptly and was an easy buyer to deal with. Fast transaction and would definitely sell to again!

Quachified blog (external link) flick (external link)r 5D2| 24-70L | 85/1.8

dKweddings.net
Goldmember
1,472 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 28, 2010 01:47 as a reply to  @ quachified's post |  #21267

Seller: dKweddings.net (me)
Buyer: redjamesg
Item: 1Ds MKIII (link)

Had an excellent transaction with Kenneth (redjamesg). Kenneth was an extremely understanding and easy going buyer. The communication during the transaction was beyond any transactions I have ever done (over 200 Private messages!). We did run into some tough situations with Customs but Kenneth updated me every step of the way. He managed to even take photos of the unboxing of the camera and did a test shots; all within half an hour prior to him having to give a lecture to his students! This was to show me that the camera gotto him in good shape... given it has taken over a month; I was very concern how well the camera survived the shipping.

In short; Kenneth is an awesome buyer who's flexible and understanding. Kenneth puts forth a lot of efforts to make sure that everything is communicated back to the seller. Kenneth is very honest and trustworthy, I would never hesitate to do business with him. I feel I have gained a friend for life from this transaction.

Thank you Kenneth!
David

www.dKweddings.net (external link) || www.facebook.com/dKwed​dings (external link) || www.facebook.com/david​ucla (external link)

guyzer09
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 28, 2010 05:23 as a reply to  @ dKweddings.net's post |  #21268

Buyer: guyzer09(me)

Seller: Vixen89

Item: Dolica tripod and monopod

Great seller and great communication! Very pleased!

Capturing life's moments one one click at a time..
Full GEAR List

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 28, 2010 07:02 |  #21269

Buyer: guyzer09
Seller: Vixen89
Item: Dolica Proline AX620B100 Tripod and Dolica Monopod WT-1003

He was a very pleasant buyer to deal with and I tried to ship it out to him asap as soon as he paid. I would definitely deal with him again if he bought anything else! Thank you again!

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

JLai81
736 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 28, 2010 07:53 |  #21270

Buyer: brolic
Seller: JLai81 (me)
Item: 58mm Hoya HD UV filter

Easy transaction with zero hiccups. Would not hesitate to do business with Anthony again.

Gear List

sponsored links

Marketplace feedback thread is closed.
Marketplace feedback is now given directly in marketplace threads. Go to the thread you want to give feedback for, and click
GIVE MARKETPLACE FEEDBACK
there. Giving feedback for your own threads: do the same thing (start a feedback in your respective thread), you'll get to choose the target member in the feedback form.
4,676,921 views & 100 likes for this thread
---=MARKETPLACE: Positive feedback=---
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.