Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre People Talk 
Thread started 18 Oct 2010 (Monday) 11:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

ever had a client edit your images?

RL.
Goldmember
1,040 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 18, 2010 11:21 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

Well I know have. She definitely desaturated the images and put it on facebook...kind of annoying....

Canon > Nikon

sponsored links
zelseman
Goldmember
1,922 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 18, 2010 11:40 |  #2

Was this addressed in your contract? Did you have a clause that covers ownership and copyright of images?
Have you said anything to your client regarding her editing your images?

Gear List
Website (external link)/Blog (external link)

Tadaaa
926 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 18, 2010 11:49 |  #3

I know I've done it... My wedding pictures were horribly post processed. I completely redid all the raws and the photographer was pissed. She threatened to sue me; I told her she should be more worried about Adobe suing her for the defamation of their software. hahaha

- 1D & G9 & Sigma DP1 & Nikon D800 -

oldspice
34 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 18, 2010 13:08 |  #4

Tadaaa wrote in post #11119372 (external link)
she should be more worried about Adobe suing her for the defamation of their software.

rofl... I would love to see the before and afters.

Tadaaa
926 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 18, 2010 13:20 |  #5

oldspice wrote in post #11119909 (external link)
rofl... I would love to see the before and afters.

Let's just say she had apparently never heard of layers or blending and that when she tried to touch up everyones under eyes our family all suddenly became Chinese. It was awful.

- 1D & G9 & Sigma DP1 & Nikon D800 -

Stump
772 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 18, 2010 13:47 |  #6

RL. wrote in post #11119176 (external link)
Well I know have. She definitely desaturated the images and put it on facebook...kind of annoying....

Facebook reduces the quality and size of the images. Are you sure she didnt just upload them? I wasnt sure if you meant desaturated as in B&W or just looked somewhat desaturated. If so, It could have been the facebook software that done it automatically.

6D - 50 1.8 - 50 1.4 - 70-200F4L

professorman
Goldmember
1,661 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 18, 2010 14:12 |  #7

Tadaaa wrote in post #11119372 (external link)
I know I've done it... My wedding pictures were horribly post processed. I completely redid all the raws and the photographer was pissed. She threatened to sue me; I told her she should be more worried about Adobe suing her for the defamation of their software. hahaha

I know photogs dont normally give out RAWs, but that is one of the reasons one of my requirements in finding a photog was to get the RAWs. I am a photog too, so I know what I am doing, but I am not about to start the debate about giving out RAW or not. I just wanted them, and he just so happened to be fully professional and still didnt mind giving me the RAWS (knowing that I am photog as well).

I agree that it might be the facebook software which desaturated the images too. I do not know any "average" person who would desaturate an image unless it was already overly saturated, or maybe converted them to B&W or something.

MyGear | Feedback | facebook (external link)|My Site (external link)|Flickr (external link)

mikel1291979
88 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 18, 2010 23:22 |  #8

professorman wrote in post #11120258 (external link)
I do not know any "average" person who would desaturate an image unless it was already overly saturated, or maybe converted them to B&W or something.

I desaturate some portrait images. It can, depending on the picture, be a nice effect. The hint of color is sometimes as powerful as full blown color or black and white IMO.

RL.
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,040 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 19, 2010 11:25 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

it was definitely desated a bit and cropped as well..

Oh well I just found it slightly annoying is all...last time I will deal with her

Canon > Nikon

shannyD
"...in too much trouble"
5,219 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Location: scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.

Oct 19, 2010 11:41 |  #10

yeah they try and edit my pics all the time. its annoying..but whatever.

sponsored links

1,417 views & 0 likes for this thread
ever had a client edit your images?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre People Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.