Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 16 Aug 2010 (Monday) 21:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Loyalty Program

shmoogy
505 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 22, 2010 09:21 |  #1576

Pward1980 wrote in post #11144075 (external link)
someone posted here they got their camera overnight. of course they may live closer to the distribution warehouse.

My camera shipment originated in Waukegan IL, and was at my local hub about 8 hours after I placed my order. Fedex wouldn't ship it out until the next day, and they wouldn't allow me to pick it up early because: "it's in the container for tomorrows deliveries, and it's not opened until tomorrow" so YMMV I suppose.

5D Mark II, 35L, 24 TS-E, 50 1.8
Canon 1000D

sponsored links
PLLphotography
with the TF
5,244 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 22, 2010 09:23 |  #1577

uOpt wrote in post #11144348 (external link)
No D5 Mk II in stock right now.

hopefully since my order has been in "Pending shipment" for the last week, hopefully they set one aside already since they won't let you place an order if they don't have any in stock :-)

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 22, 2010 09:35 as a reply to  @ post 11144075 |  #1578

Mayniyak wrote in post #11143937 (external link)
Of course noone wants to read a 100 page thread, including the people asking the repeated questions. So a little elaboration on what those answers were might be nice.

Many people have already elaborated regarding which model or series (A, SD, etc) camera was traded in, if the trade in model needs to be a registered serial number, can you buy a broken one off eBay for trade in, are they accepting old film cameras, where to find the return info email for sending back the trade in, how many days does it need to be returned, what's the phone number, and certain other aspects of the CLP.

The majority of answers starting from Page 1 have been fairly consistent throughout in the responses to these types of questions and which aspects of the program changed along the way - yet the same questions are continually being asked. Everyone new to the thread wants fast answers NOW without a care that the answers have already been posted all within the same thread. It seems like a waste to have a "Search this thread" feature in the forum if people are too lazy to use it.

rioni wrote in post #11143938 (external link)
I think we should start a new thread with a FAQ as the first post. Who wants to do it? :)

Why don't you should start the thread? ;)

jkokbaker
554 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 22, 2010 09:38 |  #1579

Hopefully they get more 5D II in stock by next Thursday, my payday and I will finally have enough money to get my new camera.

5D IV, Rokinon 14mm, Zeiss 21mm, Rokinon 24mm 1.4, Canon 24-105L, Speedlight 430EX II

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,244 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 22, 2010 09:41 |  #1580

spotz04 wrote in post #11144454 (external link)
Many people have already elaborated regarding which model or series (A, SD, etc) camera was traded in, if the trade in model needs to be a registered serial number, can you buy a broken one off eBay for trade in, are they accepting old film cameras, where to find the return info email for sending back the trade in, how many days does it need to be returned, what's the phone number, and certain other aspects of the CLP.

The majority of answers starting from Page 1 have been fairly consistent throughout in the responses to these types of questions and which aspects of the program changed along the way - yet the same questions are continually being asked. Everyone new to the thread wants fast answers NOW without a care that the answers have already been posted all within the same thread. It seems like a waste to have a "Search this thread" feature in the forum if people are too lazy to use it.

I even get that at work. I'm the network admin for my site, and I can create a nice 8 page document on how to do something, with screenshots and labels pointing to everything needed to do a task. it never fails, I get people calling me up "so how do I do this?" *smacks head*

even if a FAQ is created...people will still end up creating new threads on the subject anyway. look at all of threads people have created that ask the same questions that have been posted on FAQs.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

Mayniyak
256 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 22, 2010 09:51 |  #1581

spotz04 wrote in post #11144454 (external link)

Using the search function can take even longer than reading the whole thread, and sometimes it'll simply refuse to give you an answer because you aren't typing the words in exactly the same way that someone else in the thread did.

If the thread was only 5, maybe 10 pages long, then yes you've got a point. But there isn't a single person that's going to read 106 pages just because the answer MIGHT be there.

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 22, 2010 10:37 |  #1582

Pward1980 wrote in post #11144492 (external link)
I even get that at work. I'm the network admin for my site, and I can create a nice 8 page document on how to do something, with screenshots and labels pointing to everything needed to do a task. it never fails, I get people calling me up "so how do I do this?" *smacks head*

even if a FAQ is created...people will still end up creating new threads on the subject anyway. look at all of threads people have created that ask the same questions that have been posted on FAQs.

Those two other posts were in the "EOS" forum on POTN while this thread is in "Market", so they probably didn't see this thread. But you're right that even if you pointed someone to the existing thread, instead of creating more "dupes" (duplicate threads) then they still continue asking the same answered questions about the CLP. Look at the "Accessories" forum and how many times people asked "what tripod should I get". :lol: It's obnoxious after a while.

Mayniyak wrote in post #11144546 (external link)
Using the search function can take even longer than reading the whole thread, and sometimes it'll simply refuse to give you an answer because you aren't typing the words in exactly the same way that someone else in the thread did.

If the thread was only 5, maybe 10 pages long, then yes you've got a point. But there isn't a single person that's going to read 106 pages just because the answer MIGHT be there.

The Mods set up guidelines on what users are expected to do in the forum.

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=574001

If the answers were scatter across multiple threads then you would have a point. This is one thread. My searches found the answers to the most commonly asked questions.

phone number
https://photography-on-the.net …rch.php?searchi​d=21706046

return label
https://photography-on-the.net …ch.php?searchid​=217063216

trade in
https://photography-on-the.net …rch.php?searchi​d=21706118

Mayniyak
256 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 22, 2010 11:05 |  #1583

Your searches are giving me "Sorry - no matches." lol :p

thaking
Goldmember
1,358 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 22, 2010 11:15 |  #1584

well, instead of clicking the links, you could enter the phrases...he has those above each link...

Mayniyak
256 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 22, 2010 11:16 |  #1585

thaking wrote in post #11145038 (external link)
well, instead of clicking the links, you could enter the phrases...he has those above each link...

Oh c'mon, not even a little chuckle at the irony? :lol:

Mundty
Goldmember
1,125 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Oct 22, 2010 11:18 |  #1586

Ok guys, second camera I received has a much lower shutter count.

New camera reads Shutter Count 4091, which is ALOT better than 43,000.

Wish I could have been one of the people to receive one with only 500 or so... but for the price I paid 4k is not bad at all. They shipped my replacement Overnight too, so I have no complaints with Canon on this one. Overall happy customer!

www.mikemundt.com (external link)
EOS 5D Mark II | Canon 24-70 f/2.8L | Speedlite 430EX II | Manfrotto MT293A4 & 494 Tripod
Interests: Environmental Portraits | Urban/Travel | Wildlife | Landscape | Celestial | Experimental

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 22, 2010 11:28 |  #1587

Mayniyak wrote in post #11145046 (external link)

That's correct, one link doesn't work. :lol: Feel free to search yourself, which was the whole point of this discussion. ;) ;) ;)

thaking
Goldmember
1,358 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 22, 2010 11:29 |  #1588

Mayniyak wrote in post #11145046 (external link)

ok, very little... lol

Celtic ­ Tiger
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 22, 2010 11:30 |  #1589

tanneu wrote in post #11144332 (external link)
I had 12 on 5DMKII from CLP.

Oh no, now I feel like I got screwed at 15. I'm sending mine back and going for 10!;)

flickr (external link)

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 22, 2010 11:33 |  #1590

realmike15 wrote in post #11145054 (external link)
Ok guys, second camera I received has a much lower shutter count.

New camera reads Shutter Count 4091, which is ALOT better than 43,000.

Wish I could have been one of the people to receive one with only 500 or so... but for the price I paid 4k is not bad at all. They shipped my replacement Overnight too, so I have no complaints with Canon on this one. Overall happy customer!

The shutter is rated at what, 250K, or is it 150K? I forget exactly, but 4K isn't too bad as long as it's functioning per spec and the body doesn't look beat up.

How's the VF, void of dust?

(edit) Btw, I put 500 on my 7D's shutter in one day while playing around with the 8fps high continuous speed mode, and 3/4 of those were actual pics.

sponsored links

218,361 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Loyalty Program
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.