Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 27 Jan 2010 (Wednesday) 17:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Cheetah Qbox 24

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Location: Where southern efficiency and northern charm come together

Oct 18, 2010 14:31 |  #676

ChrisMc73 wrote in post #11120348 (external link)
He was talking about a ring bracket to mount the QBox24 to an AB.

Who's "he?" jffuerte and I were talking about mounting the Qbox on AB strobes but I'm not sure what ecub was talking about.

-- Ken
Comment and critique is always appreciated!
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

sponsored links
ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 18, 2010 14:35 |  #677

krb wrote in post #11120378 (external link)
Who's "he?" jffuerte and I were talking about mounting the Qbox on AB strobes but I'm not sure what ecub was talking about.

Yeah he mentioned speelite brackets but not the AB speed ring you were discussing, probably just got confused with all the topics.

ecub
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined May 2010

Oct 18, 2010 14:52 |  #678

krb wrote in post #11120378 (external link)

So was I. You stated that you need the speedpro bracket, which I corrected. The speedpro bracket is ONLY an option for speedlights. From my understanding, speedlights are actually flash units you mount on your hot shoe, like the Yognuo 467, 468, Canon 430/580, etc. An AB400/800/1600 is classified as a strobe. The only thing required to mount the AB to a QBox is the speedring. Not sure where you got confused.

- Ed
Official Gear List
5D II | 7D | 16-35mm f/2.8L II | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L | 50mm f/1.2L USM | 85mm f/1.2L II | 100mm f/2.8L IS macro

ChrisMc73
Goldmember
3,212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 18, 2010 14:54 |  #679

Sorry I wasn't trying to confuse anyone. I just am trying to figure out what all I could/should/would buy with my Speed Pro Bracket, there are so many options.

ecub
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined May 2010

Oct 18, 2010 15:04 |  #680

Since KRB seems confused, here's the answers...

jffuerte wrote in post #11119519 (external link)
Is the speed pro bracket required to mount an alienbee on a qbox or do you just need a speed ring for AB/WL?

No. The only thing needed is the adapter ring for the AB/WL (external link).

krb wrote in post #11119819 (external link)
The speed pro bracket allows you to use Alien Bee modifiers like softboxes with your speedlight.

The qbox24 already comes with a hot shoe bracket, which allows you to mount your speedlight to the Qbox (See description (external link)).

(external link)

We just don't want to confuse people wanting to get the Qbox 24 and thinking the Speedpro bracket is required.

- Ed
Official Gear List
5D II | 7D | 16-35mm f/2.8L II | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L | 50mm f/1.2L USM | 85mm f/1.2L II | 100mm f/2.8L IS macro

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 18, 2010 15:08 |  #681

ecub wrote in post #11120521 (external link)
So was I. You stated that you need the speedpro bracket, which I corrected. The speedpro bracket is ONLY an option. The only thing required to mount the AB to a QBox is the speedring. Not sure where you got confused.

I'm not sure what thread you are reading, but in this thread:

- jffuerte asked if the speedpro was necessary to mount the QBox on an AB strobe.
- I responded that the speedpro allows you to use AB modifiers on a speedlight and then gave him the link for the ring he needs in order to mount the QBox on an AB strobe.
- You responded with a non sequitur about how the QBox comes with a bracket for the speedlight.

-- Ken
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 18, 2010 15:14 |  #682

ecub wrote in post #11120591 (external link)
Since KRB seems confused, here's the answers...

No. The only thing needed is the adapter ring for the AB/WL (external link).

The qbox24 already comes with a hot shoe bracket, which allows you to mount your speedlight to the Qbox (See description (external link)).

We just don't want to confuse people wanting to get the Qbox 24 and thinking the Speedpro bracket is required.

The only person who seems confused is you. How are you translating "The speed pro bracket allows you to use Alien Bee modifiers like softboxes with your speedlight." into "you need the speedpro bracket?"

-- Ken
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

jffuerte
648 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Oct 20, 2010 09:55 |  #683

Thanks for the clarification all, I ordered the Qbox 24 and the AB adapter!

-Jerel
Instagram (external link)
Fuerte Photography (external link)
Facebook (external link)
500px (external link)

iareRay
53 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 22, 2010 16:58 |  #684

Just ordered my Qbox 24 earlier in the week and got it today! Opened it up and found out i was missing the front and second diffuser. Looked all over to see if i dropped it or if it was hiding somewhere in the bag or something? Nada!

Called their office and they apologized, said they would send the missing accessories today and should receive it by early next week. Great customer service but was still kinda bummed, really wanted to test it out this weekend. Guess I'll have to wait..

Gear List | Bandvibe (external link) | Smugmug (external link)
http://www.photosfromt​heshow.com (external link)

Bave
569 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 22, 2010 17:03 |  #685
bannedPermanent ban

iareRay wrote in post #11146919 (external link)
Just ordered my Qbox 24 earlier in the week and got it today! Opened it up and found out i was missing the front and second diffuser. Looked all over to see if i dropped it or if it was hiding somewhere in the bag or something? Nada!

Called their office and they apologized, said they would send the missing accessories today and should receive it by early next week. Great customer service but was still kinda bummed, really wanted to test it out this weekend. Guess I'll have to wait..

Hmmm. That explains why I received two of each. Cool.:cool:

Bob
Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 7D

izthistaken
Cream of the Crop
6,857 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 22, 2010 17:23 |  #686

^:lol:

Matt
flickr  (external link)
5DMKII | 16-35L |24-70L| 70-200L 2.8 II | Canon 50mm 1.8|35mm F2|580ex x2|Lumopro LP160|Nikon SB24|Cybersyncs x3

iareRay
53 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 22, 2010 17:23 |  #687

Bave wrote in post #11146935 (external link)
Hmmm. That explains why I received two of each. Cool.:cool:

haha really?! mail em over to me :grin:

Edward just emailed and called to confirm he'll be mailing them out tomorrow and should receive it by wed! Awesome customer service!

Gear List | Bandvibe (external link) | Smugmug (external link)
http://www.photosfromt​heshow.com (external link)

harcosparky
Goldmember
2,415 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 22, 2010 17:26 |  #688

iareRay wrote in post #11146919 (external link)
Great customer service but was still kinda bummed, really wanted to test it out this weekend. Guess I'll have to wait..

Great Customer Service is getting it right the first time, so customers do not have to call in to get what they should have gotten to begin with.

But they are a good company, and mistakes happen.

TMR ­ Design
Cream of the Crop
23,883 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Oct 22, 2010 17:27 as a reply to  @ iareRay's post |  #689

Yeah, Edward is great and the customer service is exceptional.

Unfortunately, s*it happens and it's a drag you didn't get the diffusion panels but in a few days you'll be a happy camper. :cool:

Robert
RobertMitchellPhotogra​phy (external link)

TMR ­ Design
Cream of the Crop
23,883 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Oct 22, 2010 17:30 |  #690

harcosparky wrote in post #11147019 (external link)
Great Customer Service is getting it right the first time, so customers do not have to call in to get what they should have gotten to begin with.

But they are a good company, and mistakes happen.

Agreed but no one is perfect. It's not like there are rampant reports of missing items from Cheetah.

Robert
RobertMitchellPhotogra​phy (external link)

sponsored links

319,590 views & 0 likes for this thread
Cheetah Qbox 24
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.