Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 22 Oct 2010 (Friday) 06:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Androgyny...

jmax
28 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 22, 2010 06:06 |  #1

Monday saw a return to photoshoots for me with the lovely Emma Moran (winner of the Miss Belfast City 2010 Competition). Emma had approached me about a month ago wanting to expand her portfolio and gain more experience before competing in the Miss Great Britain competition, which is to be held in December.

When Emma contacted me about the shoot I already had an idea in mind that I felt would suit her perfectly, and that was a shoot that had been carried out by celebrity and fashion photographer Ruven Afanador. His shoot was of Ashley Olsen back in 2007 'Marie Claire'. I sent this idea to Emma and she instantly fell in love with it and gave me the go ahead to start organising and planning the shoot.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND

The first thing I had to sort was the location I was going to be shooting at. This was a pretty easy task for me as I felt I had already found the perfect location during one of my previous shoots, this was a derelict house and a disused mill in the County Fermanagh countryside.
Once the location was sorted I then set about recruiting people to help me with the photoshoot and every part of it. First off was the makeup artist and once again I was going to call on the assistance of Louise Burrows, who I’ve grown to have a brilliant working relationship with and who’s work I just love. The next person I had to find was a hair stylist, and this has caused me some problem in the past as I usually can’t give enough notice for them to book the time away from the salons. So this time I decided the shoot would be held on a Monday as traditionally hair salons are closed, this seemed to be a big help as I was able to obtain the assistance of Lauren Patterson to do the hair styling for the day. As well as the hair and makeup I would need an assistant to help with reflectors ect. and as with my previous shoot in Fermanagh I would be getting the help of Nigel Healey.

Now that the location, crew and day had been picked all that was left to do was to sort the styling of the shoot. This job was made a lot easier with the help of Sarah Ann @ Lipsy Clothing in Belfast who set aside an afternoon to help me pick items from the Lipsy range that would suit the shoot.

The day of the shoot ran very smoothly with the rain holding off just long enough for us to get the location pictures done. From there we changed the hair and the makeup and then moved into the studio and went for an officey look, with the white shirt and black trousers.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Video can be found HERE (external link)

Hope you like the pictures and I look forward to your feedback.

JmaxPhotography (external link)

sponsored links
dave_p
675 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 22, 2010 21:05 |  #2

Very nice shots!!!

So with the clothing...was it loaned by Lipsy for the shoot? Did Lipsy receive anything in return (i.e., images)? Just curious how one goes about doing that. Thanks!

Cliff ­ Nordman
132 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 22, 2010 21:48 |  #3

Why is this titled "androgyny"? She's feminine in all the pictures.

TekHouse
Goldmember
1,289 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 23, 2010 06:20 |  #4

Cliff Nordman wrote in post #11148087 (external link)
Why is this titled "androgyny"? She's feminine in all the pictures.

I was thinking the same thing. Odd choice odd title. But shots are good! ;)

flickr (external link)

conroy9940
41 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 23, 2010 09:16 |  #5

The first pic looks like one of the Olson twins... nice shots!

Canon 50D 28-135.. few things on the way

ForumForker
690 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 23, 2010 10:58 |  #6

I also wonder about the title. No doubt about her gender in these pics.

Staszek
Goldmember
3,606 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 23, 2010 15:26 |  #7

conroy9940 wrote in post #11149859 (external link)
The first pic looks like one of the Olson twins... nice shots!

:lol: That's because that is Ashley Olson in 2007. Don't worry I thought the same thing till I read what the OP wrote.

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)
Shooting with big noisy cameras and a bag of primes.

JackStrutz
506 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 23, 2010 17:00 |  #8

These are not really androgynous at all...

Gear | Flickr (external link)

troybal
544 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 23, 2010 21:36 |  #9

Love the shots! Specially the Coke Cans!

lapiqurestudios
236 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 24, 2010 16:56 |  #10

Its amazing the difference you can see from a pro photographers work and one that is not. 80% Post Processing. Most pro photographers if not all at this point hire out Image editors and that's what makes a photo great. Good shots sir PP not quite there though.

www.javierherreraphoto​graphy.com (external link)
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-70 f2.8L, Sigma 85 1.4, 70-200mm F2.8 L, Profoto Acute 2 1200 w/s lighting systems, AB Einsteins

JackStrutz
506 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 24, 2010 17:06 |  #11

Professional hair and makeup have never hurt either ^^

Gear | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,957 views & 0 likes for this thread
Androgyny...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.