Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 23 Oct 2010 (Saturday) 14:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

minitt1, flextt5. red led 4 times but no flash

Fastfwd13
491 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 23, 2010 14:41 |  #1

I can fire the flash standalone or by pressing the test button on the flextt5 while the flash is on it.

The red led on the flextt5 flash 4 times when I press test on the minitt1 or press the shutter on the camera when connected to the minitt1.

So flash works, minitt1 to flextt5 radio communication are working. Why is the flash not firing???

This has worked before. I have tried new firmware downloads and resets of both units but no more luck.

Greg ­ Edge
118 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Oct 23, 2010 20:54 |  #2

Do you have the switches set to the same groups?

Fastfwd13
THREAD ­ STARTER
491 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 24, 2010 15:03 |  #3

Finally found the issue. The last time I used it I had to set the flash to master because it would not fire on off or slave. So this is the one thing I did not fiddle with because I knew for sure that it had to be set to master.

Can't explain it but now it only fires when set to off, not on master or slave. Very weird but works for me since I have a single flash.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,068 views & 0 likes for this thread
minitt1, flextt5. red led 4 times but no flash
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.