Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 03 Sep 2010 (Friday) 04:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 10th UK South-East "Don't Forget Your Geiger Counter" Gossip Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 26, 2010 03:11 |  #3781

Looks a little washed out too..

I have try'd custom pages and manualy putting in the dimensions and used the template!
First sheet & test were perfect, now its not printing as it was.. If I adjust the top margin too much then I loose print at the bottom of the sheet!!
If I run a sheet of plain paper through then it prints perfectly where it needs to when compared to a sheet of labels, then I print the labels and it does it wrong again.. I can find anywhere in the properties to tell the printer its printing sticky labels either!?
I just don't understand why it will print perfectly on plain paper but completly wrong on the sticky label sheet?! Grrr...

Thanks for the help so far guys, keep it coming! lol

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

sponsored links
vmlopes
Goldmember
4,917 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 26, 2010 03:14 |  #3782

Matt Photog Peters wrote in post #11166291 (external link)
=Matt 'Photog' Peters;11166291]Looks a little washed out too..

I have try'd custom pages and manualy putting in the dimensions and used the template!
First sheet & test were perfect, now its not printing as it was.. If I adjust the top margin too much then I loose print at the bottom of the sheet!!
If I run a sheet of plain paper through then it prints perfectly where it needs to when compared to a sheet of labels, then I print the labels and it does it wrong again.. I can find anywhere in the properties to tell the printer its printing sticky labels either!?
I just don't understand why it will print perfectly on plain paper but completly wrong on the sticky label sheet?! Grrr...

Cant understand how the printer will know the difference from labels to plain paper unless you tell it???

Flickr (external link)
"I choose to live my life to a different tune of music., one which is not censored or wrapped so much with a blanket of over -regulation, Health & Safety gone mad, fear and blind compliance to anything you are told to do"........... Downfallen, RIP

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 26, 2010 03:16 |  #3783

That is exactly my problem.. Even if I empty the paper tray then turn it off, put in the label sheet, turn it back on then print them it still stuffs up the sheet!!

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 26, 2010 03:35 |  #3784

Those labels always drive me nuts, I end up creating my own custom ones. Generally I set to the margins top and bottom to as small as I can get and then just make the rows of the table distributed across the page. I also found that you can print to PDF of the created labels document and then compare to template to stop wasting paper, just put a border on the table cells to see where it all lines up :)

I know your pain though :D :D :D

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 26, 2010 03:36 |  #3785

Matt Photog Peters wrote in post #11166311 (external link)
=Matt 'Photog' Peters;11166311]That is exactly my problem.. Even if I empty the paper tray then turn it off, put in the label sheet, turn it back on then print them it still stuffs up the sheet!!

Print to PDF and then print that onto the paper rather than print the document straight to labels. You can also adjust the print size down to fit a tad better in the print dialog box too, sometimes pages don't always print at 100%.

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Sylvester ­ XxX
Goldmember
3,508 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 26, 2010 03:37 |  #3786

anyone going

http://www.canon.co.uk​/prophotosolutions/ (external link)

| My Gear | My Site (external link) | My Blog (external link) | My Facebook (external link) |My G+ (external link) |
| My 500px (external link) |My Tumblr (external link) | My Flickr (external link) |

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 26, 2010 03:38 |  #3787

Anke wrote in post #11166351 (external link)
Those labels always drive me nuts, I end up creating my own custom ones. Generally I set to the margins top and bottom to as small as I can get and then just make the rows of the table distributed across the page. I also found that you can print to PDF of the created labels document and then compare to template to stop wasting paper, just put a border on the table cells to see where it all lines up :)

I know your pain though :D :D :D

I'm officially on label printing strike!! Jem is going to get her nan to print them.. lol

I'll try your idea later on when I have less urge to destroy the printer!!!!

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 26, 2010 03:43 |  #3788

Matt Photog Peters wrote in post #11166363 (external link)
=Matt 'Photog' Peters;11166363]I'm officially on label printing strike!! Jem is going to get her nan to print them.. lol

I'll try your idea later on when I have less urge to destroy the printer!!!!

Many a handful of labels has flown across my office :D Horrid things! :D

Anke

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 26, 2010 03:44 |  #3789

Did anyone catch the apparently awesome sunrise this morning in their part of the SE?

Anke

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 26, 2010 03:49 |  #3790

Anke wrote in post #11166375 (external link)
Many a handful of labels has flown across my office :D Horrid things! :D

Jem has joined that club several times this week too!! :lol:

Anke wrote in post #11166376 (external link)
Did anyone catch the apparently awesome sunrise this morning in their part of the SE?

Nope, but I have seen plenty of mobile snaps of it on Facebook!

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 26, 2010 03:51 |  #3791

Matt Photog Peters wrote in post #11166386 (external link)
=Matt 'Photog' Peters;11166386]Jem has joined that club several times this week too!! :lol:

Nope, but I have seen plenty of mobile snaps of it on Facebook!

:D

That's why I was asking, lots of FB and Twitter pics from phones but none from cameras, what silly times we live in :rolleyes: :D

Anke

vmlopes
Goldmember
4,917 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 26, 2010 03:57 |  #3792

Saw it briefly, really intense red, then it clouded over and started to rain :(

Flickr (external link)
"I choose to live my life to a different tune of music., one which is not censored or wrapped so much with a blanket of over -regulation, Health & Safety gone mad, fear and blind compliance to anything you are told to do"........... Downfallen, RIP

souporman
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2011
5,462 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 26, 2010 04:11 as a reply to  @ vmlopes's post |  #3793

Stuck at work I'm afraid...

http://www.evilkitchen​.ca (external link) (365 (external link)) .
500px (external link)
Twitter (external link)http://365.evilkitchen​.ca (external link)

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 26, 2010 04:11 |  #3794

Neal wrote in post #11166201 (external link)
Morning all, was planning on hitting the pro photo seminar today, but need to go to the dentist instead for a chipped tooth :(

Went along to Herstmonceaux castle yesterday and heres a quick shot, loving photomatix v4!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

Looks good to me. :)

Saw it briefly as I was driving in to work. Looked stunning.

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Neal
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 26, 2010 04:23 |  #3795

vmlopes wrote in post #11166258 (external link)
Yeah see it now, lovely reflections.........st​ill some halos about though

Indeed they are a lot better than version 3, I knocked this one up quickly, haven't gone to town on it yet and edited it fully

really?

Personally I dont see that, unless your refering to the building colour, but it was like that in person, was about 2pm so the sun was getting low ish and was striking the buildings front

Neal EOS 7D, EOS 40D, EOS 650, 24-70mm f/2.8 L, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II, 70-200mm f/4.0 L, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 50mm f/1.8 I
website (external link) Flickr (external link) UK SE thread

sponsored links

617,195 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 10th UK South-East "Don't Forget Your Geiger Counter" Gossip Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.