Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 03 Sep 2010 (Friday) 04:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 10th UK South-East "Don't Forget Your Geiger Counter" Gossip Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Neal
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 26, 2010 04:24 |  #3796

Gimme a call sly

Neal EOS 7D, EOS 40D, EOS 650, 24-70mm f/2.8 L, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II, 70-200mm f/4.0 L, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 50mm f/1.8 I
website (external link) Flickr (external link) UK SE thread

sponsored links
Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 26, 2010 04:33 |  #3797

Neal wrote in post #11166443 (external link)
really?

Personally I dont see that, unless your refering to the building colour, but it was like that in person, was about 2pm so the sun was getting low ish and was striking the buildings front

Yeah the building.. Looks to be lacking in contrast & could prob benefit from a boost to the blacks too, but thats just my opinion! lol

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

vmlopes
Goldmember
4,917 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 26, 2010 04:46 |  #3798

Matt Photog Peters wrote in post #11166462 (external link)
=Matt 'Photog' Peters;11166462]Yeah the building.. Looks to be lacking in contrast & could prob benefit from a boost to the blacks too, but thats just my opinion! lol

I agree, the colour on it looks too similar on the front and sides, defo' needs a contrast boost also.......

Hope you dont mind.........let me know what you think;) cant do anything with those halos though

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | Byte size: ZERO

Flickr (external link)
"I choose to live my life to a different tune of music., one which is not censored or wrapped so much with a blanket of over -regulation, Health & Safety gone mad, fear and blind compliance to anything you are told to do"........... Downfallen, RIP

souporman
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2011
5,462 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 26, 2010 05:04 |  #3799

vmlopes wrote in post #11166494 (external link)
I agree, the colour on it looks too similar on the front and sides, defo' needs a contrast boost also.......

Hope you dont mind.........let me know what you think;) cant do anything with those halos though

Yea, it's a good shot but the extra contrast helps. It also brings the greens back down to a more believable level.

The reflection is great though, couldn't have asked for better :)

http://www.evilkitchen​.ca (external link) (365 (external link)) .
500px (external link)
Twitter (external link)http://365.evilkitchen​.ca (external link)

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Oct 26, 2010 05:54 as a reply to  @ souporman's post |  #3800

morning kids,

another quiet day in the UK SE Forum, is everyone doing real work or are you all at the Canon show??

oh and thanks for the kind words (& puns Laurence!) on the deer pic, only a printing voucher but still very chuffed - haven't resigned yet though! ;):D

anyone got any exciting photo flavoured stuff on the cards this week?

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 26, 2010 05:56 |  #3801

TCIK wrote in post #11166674 (external link)
anyone got any exciting photo flavoured stuff on the cards this week?

Nope...I am spending my spare time processing wedding photos...I might try and sneak out to shoot some rugby on Saturday...I doubt I'll be able to though :|

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Neal
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 26, 2010 05:59 |  #3802

Im going to the show tomorrow if anyones going

Neal EOS 7D, EOS 40D, EOS 650, 24-70mm f/2.8 L, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II, 70-200mm f/4.0 L, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 50mm f/1.8 I
website (external link) Flickr (external link) UK SE thread

felt_tip_felon
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2010
9,042 posts
Joined May 2008

Oct 26, 2010 06:03 as a reply to  @ Neal's post |  #3803

sadly I am stuck in an office too! so I'm not show bound either!

on the plus side I did see this (external link) - just need a helicopter & a speedboat now! :D

500px (external link) Flickr (external link) twitter (external link) Gear list
1DX, 100D, G1X & G10
Join the SE POTN thread here!
"bitten by the deadly photography bug" (external link)

LindaB
Cream of the Crop
11,375 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 26, 2010 06:13 |  #3804

Matt Photog Peters wrote in post #11166291 (external link)
=Matt 'Photog' Peters;11166291]I have try'd custom pages and manualy putting in the dimensions and used the template!
First sheet & test were perfect, now its not printing as it was.. If I adjust the top margin too much then I loose print at the bottom of the sheet!!
If I run a sheet of plain paper through then it prints perfectly where it needs to when compared to a sheet of labels, then I print the labels and it does it wrong again.. I can find anywhere in the properties to tell the printer its printing sticky labels either!?
I just don't understand why it will print perfectly on plain paper but completly wrong on the sticky label sheet?! Grrr...

Thanks for the help so far guys, keep it coming! lol

Hi Matt

I was just checking in to see what you guys had been up to lately and saw this thread.

If you havent given up the will to live over the lables, I can offer a couple of other suggestions to look at. Yes, I have had the same problem before, using my home pc - from memory, (am at work at the mo so cant check what I did previously) a quick solution was (after having the first page print correctly), I only printed one page at a time.

An area worth looking at in the template under Page Setup, is in the 'Layout' tab. It might have a tick in the 'different second page' - this would make subsequent lable pages print incorrectly, so if it has, then untick it.

Another area to look at is in the Table properties to see how the page is aligned and how the text within the cell is aligned - there might be something odd in there. If you arent too familiar with Word this might be pointless as you wouldnt necessarily know how to fix it lol.

If you are creating multiple pages of this lable template, I think rather than letting the temple create the second page, create your own second blank page and then copy the table grid over manually onto that second page. Sounds fiddly but I think I did this once some time ago to get over the problem. Check Page Layout again though and make sure second page of the document is not different from first page.

It can be a bit of a nightmare actually finding the problem and I dont think the printer is to blame as the printer wouldnt know what it was printing other than it was A4 paper. Its only if you know Word really well, that you can find and resolve problems like this. I dont particularly like Word 2007 myself.

By the way, what lables are you trying to print out?

Linda

http://lindabuckell.ze​nfolio.com/ (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dragonwings55/ (external link)
Canon 7D Mk II and Canon 7D |40D |G12 | 350d (300D long gone)
400 F5.6L|70-200 F4L IS|24-105 F4L[COLOR=black] IS|18-55
Macro: 100mm F2.8L IS|100mm| F2.8 |60mm F2.8.

courier
Cream of the Crop
6,674 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 26, 2010 06:31 |  #3805

im at work doing the usual trawl through flickr and get gear envy and hypothesise about upgrading my gear

@ anyone who is bored/wants to contribute - hypothetically would it be worth swapping a 450D, sigma 30mm, sigma 10-20mm (4-5.6 version), for a 5D and a sigma 50mm ?

Gear | http://www.hip-fire.com/ (external link) | Flickr (external link)
http://rollinshutter.t​umblr.com (external link)

vmlopes
Goldmember
4,917 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 26, 2010 06:35 |  #3806

courier wrote in post #11166787 (external link)
im at work doing the usual trawl through flickr and get gear envy and hypothesise about upgrading my gear

@ anyone who is bored/wants to contribute - hypothetically would it be worth swapping a 450D, sigma 30mm, sigma 10-20mm (4-5.6 version), for a 5D and a sigma 50mm ?

Yes :D, but you will obviously lose the wide end, your 30mm was effectively 48mm on a FF anyways so not much change there

Flickr (external link)
"I choose to live my life to a different tune of music., one which is not censored or wrapped so much with a blanket of over -regulation, Health & Safety gone mad, fear and blind compliance to anything you are told to do"........... Downfallen, RIP

courier
Cream of the Crop
6,674 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 26, 2010 06:36 |  #3807

yeah im happy to lose the wide end - it hardly ever gets used and i might be able to sell my canon 50 to fund the canon 10-22mm. All hypothetically speaking of course.

Also would that be a good deal? for me or the swapper or both

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 26, 2010 06:46 |  #3808

Matt, you like shooting prime & get fantastic results with it, I'd go for it!! :D

I had a shoot yesterday, 8months - 10years, was a defo challange!! Will get on them later and post some up!

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 26, 2010 06:52 as a reply to  @ courier's post |  #3809

LindaB wrote in post #11166732 (external link)
Hi Matt

I was just checking in to see what you guys had been up to lately and saw this thread.

If you havent given up the will to live over the lables, I can offer a couple of other suggestions to look at. Yes, I have had the same problem before, using my home pc - from memory, (am at work at the mo so cant check what I did previously) a quick solution was (after having the first page print correctly), I only printed one page at a time.

An area worth looking at in the template under Page Setup, is in the 'Layout' tab. It might have a tick in the 'different second page' - this would make subsequent lable pages print incorrectly, so if it has, then untick it.

Another area to look at is in the Table properties to see how the page is aligned and how the text within the cell is aligned - there might be something odd in there. If you arent too familiar with Word this might be pointless as you wouldnt necessarily know how to fix it lol.

If you are creating multiple pages of this lable template, I think rather than letting the temple create the second page, create your own second blank page and then copy the table grid over manually onto that second page. Sounds fiddly but I think I did this once some time ago to get over the problem. Check Page Layout again though and make sure second page of the document is not different from first page.

It can be a bit of a nightmare actually finding the problem and I dont think the printer is to blame as the printer wouldnt know what it was printing other than it was A4 paper. Its only if you know Word really well, that you can find and resolve problems like this. I dont particularly like Word 2007 myself.

By the way, what lables are you trying to print out?

Linda

I've had a couple of hours to compose my self now so might try again after lunch!!

I am only trying to print one page of the labels in A4, the sheets are Ryman L7160.. The margines of the sheet match up perfectly to what is on the screen so I tere is no problem there.. What I can't get my head around is how it will print on a plain sheet and line up when holding the sheets together but then when the label sheet is inserted for printing its completly off, it just makes no sense?!

Thanks for your help so far & I/we will get to the bottom of the promlem I'm sure!!

Matt

courier
Cream of the Crop
6,674 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 26, 2010 06:55 |  #3810

Matt Photog Peters wrote in post #11166829 (external link)
=Matt 'Photog' Peters;11166829]Matt, you like shooting prime & get fantastic results with it, I'd go for it!! :D

I had a shoot yesterday, 8months - 10years, was a defo challange!! Will get on them later and post some up!

cool im worried id do it and just end up wanting a 5d mkII lol

sponsored links

609,256 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 10th UK South-East "Don't Forget Your Geiger Counter" Gossip Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.