Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 27 Sep 2010 (Monday) 22:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Just called Canon Loyalty and..

John ­ the ­ Geek
911 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 25, 2010 11:30 |  #226

MOkoFOko wrote in post #11153268 (external link)
You can, but you'll end up waiting for the return to be processed before they send out the replacement--and there are NO guarantees that the replacement will be in better condition--you may end up with TONS of dust specks within the viewfinder.

Is it accessible? I get dust in my viewfinder all the time, but I can blow it out (or wipe it off with a cloth) with the lens off. The screen the dust usually sticks to is right above the mirror in the body.

Worth a try.

Canon Gear: 7D Gripped :: 16-35mm ƒ/2.8L II :: 24-70mm ƒ/2.8L :: 70-200mm ƒ/2.8L IS II :: 28mm ƒ/1.8 :: 50mm ƒ/1.4 :: 85mm ƒ/1.8 :: 200mm ƒ/2.8L II :: 180mm ƒ/3.5L Macro :: Extenders 1.4x II and 2x II :: Speedlites 430EX II (x2) and MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite
www.focalmagic.com (external link) (Under construction)

sponsored links
MCB
668 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Oct 25, 2010 15:03 |  #227

Hi, all.
Just called and got a 7D for $1087 + tax (so 1155.15 total).
I hope I get a good one like so many other people have reported.
Now the waiting game... :(

[EDIT: just checked my email and I see that I also got a free 1 Gig CF card with the 7D... not sure what I'll do with it, but hey, free stuff is nice.]

jase1125
Goldmember
3,027 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined May 2010

Oct 25, 2010 15:17 |  #228

MCB wrote in post #11162542 (external link)
Hi, all.
Just called and got a 7D for $1087 + tax (so 1155.15 total).
I hope I get a good one like so many other people have reported.
Now the waiting game... :(

Congrats... great camera

Jason

BigJilm
218 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 25, 2010 18:07 as a reply to  @ jase1125's post |  #229

I'll try blowing it out tonight and see what happens. Other than the dust I love this camera to no end.

Canon EOS 6D, 70-200 f/4L, 85mm f/1.8, 24-105 f/4L, 40mm pancake

Leonid ­ Photography
715 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 25, 2010 23:50 |  #230

I got my 5D MKII and it does not work. I gives me either blank images or semi blank images. I called CLP and they said that well they dont have one to exhange so I just get money back and I get stuck with only a back up camera for a event that I was going to shoot on thursday.

Canon 6D, Canon 50mm 1.8 STM
YN568-II, YN560-III, YN460

imjasonbassett
734 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 26, 2010 01:30 |  #231

Ya man, the 5D been sold out. But they should be getting a bunch this week.

www.jason-bassett.comexternal link
Tools: 5D mkii, 135L,
35L, 100mm Macro 2.8
sold HERE :) [I] (70-200 F4, 17-40, 85mm 1.8, Sigma 30 1.4, Canon 135L, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 24-70L Einstein640, Kacey Dish + Grid, Cybersyncs, 5D classic)

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Oct 26, 2010 02:23 |  #232

John the Geek wrote in post #11161191 (external link)
Is it accessible? I get dust in my viewfinder all the time, but I can blow it out (or wipe it off with a cloth) with the lens off. The screen the dust usually sticks to is right above the mirror in the body.

Worth a try.

It just doesn't seem worth it in my mind. Circulating the air around only increases the likelihood that it'll end up on the sensor filter. Better to have a dirty viewfinder than a dirty filter in my mind. Anytime you take to cleaning the sensor, you're risking a $200 repair...

My Gearlist

MCB
668 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Oct 28, 2010 15:46 |  #233

Hi, all.

Okay, so I just got my 7D from canon. Woohoo!

Now come the questions... there is no box or sticker or any kind of return packaging. There is no insert or paperwork of any kind suggesting that I should be sending them something back. While on the phone with the CLP lady she didn't ask for a serial number from my old camera. I mentioned i had a 350D that was dead and I wanted to upgrade. Within a couple of minutes the order was in progress. But she never mentioned returning the camera and neither does anything in the FedEX box i just got.

So... for those of you who have used this program, what was your experience? I expected a self-addressed stamped return package to use on my old camera. Did you all get something like that?

Also, I have EOSInfo and it works fine with my 40D but doesn't seem to recognize the 7D. Is there any way to check shutter actuation? This thing looks and smells brand new, like it's never been touched. Perfect. Although the battery was at about 70% charge. I'm not sure if that's normal, I think not.

Maybe I get to keep the rebel? Thoughts?

thanks.

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 28, 2010 17:11 |  #234

People were told if you don't send your trade-in then you'll be billed full refurb price as it's listed online.

Call them back and have them either email you, or send snail mail, the return UPS Ground address label. You'll use your own box to ship to Canon.

No program available for users to read shutter count on 7D's.

See Canon Loyalty Program FAQ for other details......

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=948785

MCB wrote in post #11183163 (external link)
Hi, all.

Now come the questions... there is no box or sticker or any kind of return packaging. There is no insert or paperwork of any kind suggesting that I should be sending them something back. While on the phone with the CLP lady she didn't ask for a serial number from my old camera. I mentioned i had a 350D that was dead and I wanted to upgrade. Within a couple of minutes the order was in progress. But she never mentioned returning the camera and neither does anything in the FedEX box i just got.

So... for those of you who have used this program, what was your experience? I expected a self-addressed stamped return package to use on my old camera. Did you all get something like that?

Also, I have EOSInfo and it works fine with my 40D but doesn't seem to recognize the 7D. Is there any way to check shutter actuation? This thing looks and smells brand new, like it's never been touched. Perfect. Although the battery was at about 70% charge. I'm not sure if that's normal, I think not.

thanks.

imjasonbassett
734 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 28, 2010 17:17 |  #235

No 5D mkii or 7D now.

www.jason-bassett.comexternal link
Tools: 5D mkii, 135L,
35L, 100mm Macro 2.8
sold HERE :) [I] (70-200 F4, 17-40, 85mm 1.8, Sigma 30 1.4, Canon 135L, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 24-70L Einstein640, Kacey Dish + Grid, Cybersyncs, 5D classic)

NPuter
574 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 28, 2010 18:10 |  #236

MCB wrote in post #11183163 (external link)
Hi, all.

thanks.

Your should have received (via email) a return shipping label that you just tape on a box (can be the box you get the new camera in) and send it off with your old camera...

The person I spoke to said they wanted the camera shipped back within 10 days... I received the return shipping label about 5 minutes after placing my order....

NPuter | flickr (external link) | instagram (external link)
5D Mark IV | 7D
16-35 f/2.8L II | 16-35 f/2.8L III | 24-70 f/2.8L II | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | Sigma 30 f/1.4 | Sigma 50 f/1.4

Feedback

Joe300
519 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 28, 2010 19:52 |  #237

i2realty wrote in post #11134775 (external link)
Mine arrived today too. Look brand new with 83 counts. Very happy.

How are you guys getting this shutter count EOSinfo does not work.
when I put in a card for the first time it said ####-001, now its up to 8k.
I have battery grip and it gives me a shutter count off of each battery.
one battery 11 and the other 343 for shutter count.

but that could be count of each shutter count under that battery charge.

how can I get a good shutter count.?
thanks
Joe

A lot of Canon gear=300D & 1Dmkiii, Lens and some studio gear,
WL x1600 etc.
Two Bronica SQ-Ai outfit too! 'Old School'
www.joelaroccaphotogra​phy.com (external link)

melvinudawl
324 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 28, 2010 20:10 |  #238

Joe300 wrote in post #11184352 (external link)
How are you guys getting this shutter count EOSinfo does not work.
when I put in a card for the first time it said ####-001, now its up to 8k.
I have battery grip and it gives me a shutter count off of each battery.
one battery 11 and the other 343 for shutter count.

but that could be count of each shutter count under that battery charge.

how can I get a good shutter count.?
thanks
Joe

EOSINFO works for the 5D2 shutter count, but not the 7D. Other than sending to canon, I'm unaware of any way to accurately check shutter count on the 7D.

1D3 | 7D | 16-35II | 17-40 f/4L | 24-105 f/4L IS | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200f/2.8L | 70-200 f/4 | 85 f/1.8 | 100 f/2.8 Macro | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L | 580EXII
Full Gear List

MCB
668 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Oct 28, 2010 20:14 |  #239

NPuter wrote in post #11183852 (external link)
Your should have received (via email) a return shipping label that you just tape on a box (can be the box you get the new camera in) and send it off with your old camera...

The person I spoke to said they wanted the camera shipped back within 10 days... I received the return shipping label about 5 minutes after placing my order....

I double checked and there is no email that includes anything like a shipping label (and no emails with attachments or links to anything remotely like a shipping label). I checked my spam/junk folder, too, but there was nothing. I guess I have to call. Am I supposed to pay for shipping to return the old camera? Nobody mentioned that...

Also, I had the chance to test out the 7D at a cub scout Halloween party tonight. It focused well in low light and ISO 3200 looks pretty usable with a little noise reduction in lightroom.

Thanks for the feedback.

melvinudawl
324 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 28, 2010 20:46 |  #240

MCB wrote in post #11184478 (external link)
I double checked and there is no email that includes anything like a shipping label (and no emails with attachments or links to anything remotely like a shipping label). I checked my spam/junk folder, too, but there was nothing. I guess I have to call. Am I supposed to pay for shipping to return the old camera? Nobody mentioned that...

Also, I had the chance to test out the 7D at a cub scout Halloween party tonight. It focused well in low light and ISO 3200 looks pretty usable with a little noise reduction in lightroom.

Thanks for the feedback.

You should definitely call back. My shipping label came in my CLP 5D2 box, not email like some others. Return shipment was at my cost, though they had a label with address and RMA# info in my box.

1D3 | 7D | 16-35II | 17-40 f/4L | 24-105 f/4L IS | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200f/2.8L | 70-200 f/4 | 85 f/1.8 | 100 f/2.8 Macro | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L | 580EXII
Full Gear List

sponsored links

73,958 views & 0 likes for this thread
Just called Canon Loyalty and..
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.