Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 27 Oct 2010 (Wednesday) 18:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Where do I go to have an inexpensive logo made?

ProjectNineFive
151 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Oct 27, 2010 18:39 |  #1

I just need an inexpensive logo for my website and web images. Everyone I've seen that creats logo's are expensive.

Project Nine Five Photography (external link)
My Facebook Fanpage<----ADD ME (external link)

sponsored links
Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 27, 2010 19:10 |  #2

I know someone that went to a State Tech school to have the graphic arts dept. design a logo. He got several designs and one was really great. Be careful that you don't setttle for a logo which you will want to replace in a year.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

isophotostudio
494 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 27, 2010 19:30 |  #3

I design logos, $45 an hour, so total price depends on complexity of logo and how solid of an idea you have to start.

This is my camera, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
Canon 5D Mark 2/Gripped, Canon 7D, Canon 40D, Canon 28-135 f/3.5, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 30 f/1.4, Sigma 150 f 2.8, Sigma 24-70 f2.8
Alien Bee 800 & 400, 2 Dynaphos DP-2497

The ­ Stig
213 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 28, 2010 22:05 as a reply to  @ isophotostudio's post |  #4

The same place people go to get cheap photographers - Craigslist. Of course though, we know what happens when people ask for cheap photography......

www.LensArtwork.com (external link)
www.flickr.com/photos/​lensartwork (external link)
www.MeltedRubber.com (external link)

My website, Flickr, and blogs

carshop
Goldmember
1,846 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 28, 2010 22:07 |  #5

lol

ShawnSmugmug (external link)/Flickr (external link)/LikeMyFacebook (external link)
Canon 70D Gripped|
Canon 70-200 2.8 IS|Canon 24-105|Canon 18-135
Canon 580 EX II|Sigma 18-50 2.8
Canon 55-250|Sigma 17-35 2.8| 2 Pocket Wizard II

bdavisx
122 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 28, 2010 22:27 |  #6

So what's cheap? $100, $200, $500, $1,000?

Bill Davis, Photography by Howard's End - Central Illinois (Bloomington, Peoria) Wedding, Portrait, Boudoir and Senior Photographer (external link)

MJPhotos24
Cream of the Crop
5,619 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Oct 28, 2010 22:44 |  #7

I can recommend a great guy, but what your definition of cheap is not known...just have to remember you get what you pay for, and not putting the money into your business often results in getting less out of it.

Freelance Photographer & Co-founder of Four Seam Images
Mike Janes Photography (external link) - Four Seam Images LLC (external link)
FSI is a baseball oriented photo agency and official licensee of MiLB/MLB.
@FourSeamImages (instagram/twitter)
@MikeJanesPhotography (instagram)
@MikeJanesPhotog (twitter)

ssim
POTN Landscape & Cityscape Photographer 2005
10,884 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Oct 29, 2010 03:05 as a reply to  @ MJPhotos24's post |  #8

Inexpensive=cheap looking to me, it is just what enters my mind. You want to portray yourself as a business so why not make an investment in your identity and go with someone that really knows what they are doing. Given that in most instances these days the customers first impression of you will come from your website. Is something that you want to cheap out on. It is not money wasted, I would view it as an investment in your image.

My life is like one big RAW file....way too much post processing needed.
Sheldon Simpson | My Gallery (external link) | My Gear updated: 20JUL12

mickeyjuice
Cream of the Crop
7,876 posts
Joined May 2003

Oct 29, 2010 05:47 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

I was very happy with http://99designs.com/ (external link) but not everyone like the whole crowdsourcing thing...

cheers, juice (Canon shooter, Elinchrom lighter, but pretty much agnostic on brands.)

J ­ Michael
Goldmember
1,010 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Feb 2010

Oct 29, 2010 07:34 |  #10

There are some competition sites where you can post your requirements and designers compete to produce the best logo. You pay the winner the reward money you put up at the beginning of the contest and they'll send you the vg file. You own the design once you've paid for it. I've seen some nice stuff on logosauce.com.

danameless
283 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 29, 2010 09:18 |  #11

J Michael wrote in post #11186726 (external link)
There are some competition sites where you can post your requirements and designers compete to produce the best logo. You pay the winner the reward money you put up at the beginning of the contest and they'll send you the vg file. You own the design once you've paid for it. I've seen some nice stuff on logosauce.com.

I used a similar site for my logo and was very happy with it. Although it might take a little time to review and weed out the bad ones, I did find a good designer and who designed my logo. I had a pretty simple design in my mind already so just needed someone to put together.

USER876
Goldmember
1,616 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 29, 2010 09:33 as a reply to  @ danameless's post |  #12

If you have ideas, anyone can do it, shop on price. If you are paying someone for ideas and creation, then I would pay more to someone with more creativity and a decent portfolio.

I recently advertised for a logo creation.....I would say the average was around 300 dollars, with prices ranging from 150 to 1000. I like the idea of the outsourcing thing....you get 20-30 unique designs to choose from.

The ­ Stig
213 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 29, 2010 12:19 |  #13

Interesting. Some of the things said in this thread are the same things said to us and we get all up in arms about it. Food for thought.......

www.LensArtwork.com (external link)
www.flickr.com/photos/​lensartwork (external link)
www.MeltedRubber.com (external link)

My website, Flickr, and blogs

IUnknown
738 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 29, 2010 12:47 |  #14

etsy.com

Fiske | Film (external link)
5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | LEICA 50MM SUMMICRON-R F2 | Canon 135L | Elmoscope anamorphic lens | 430EX II

danpass
Goldmember
2,134 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 05, 2010 20:32 |  #15

isophotostudio wrote in post #11177676 (external link)
I design logos, $45 an hour, so total price depends on complexity of logo and how solid of an idea you have to start.

PM sent :smile:

Dan
Gallery (external link) | Gear/Feedback

sponsored links

3,543 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where do I go to have an inexpensive logo made?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.