Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 24 Dec 2009 (Thursday) 11:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

NYC Meets?

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 03, 2010 17:11 |  #2311
bannedPermanent ban

nicksan wrote in post #11218103 (external link)
Nope. The Bride-to-be is my wife's co-worker. They are having the wedding out of state. They would like to hire me for the wedding as well but just can't afford NYC photographers (not that I am really all that expensive...not at all. But consider the travel expenses, etc...) so they found someone local and cheap.

Is a shame for them...:) Let's hope they don't get what they pay for. In another note, I called Adorama to see if they have the Contax to eos adapter for my Carl Zeiss 35-70. As soon as they realized I will pick it up at the store, they switched me to another phone number with me leaving a message. I don't know what is wrong with Adorama but I don't believe that's the way you deal with customers over the phone when they want to know if you have certain items in stock. Forwarding them to an answering machine....LOL I have to order one from Ebay. I was expecting to spend close to $200 today in the store too.

Don't expect to test out the lens until maybe Sat.

One Imaging Photography (external link) and my Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,988 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Nov 03, 2010 18:19 |  #2312

Where is Helen from adorama :)

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 03, 2010 18:44 |  #2313
bannedPermanent ban

vipergts831 wrote in post #11219892 (external link)
Where is Helen from adorama :)

I don't think she deals with day to day store operations though....

Facebook (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 04, 2010 03:18 |  #2314

TooManyShots wrote in post #11219474 (external link)
...I called Adorama to see if they have the Contax to eos adapter for my Carl Zeiss 35-70. As soon as they realized I will pick it up at the store, they switched me to another phone number with me leaving a message. ...,

That should NOT have happened...:mad:

Firstly, my apologies; can you please email me directly:HelenO@adoram​a.com - with the time of your call and the number you called from.
I can then find out who you spoke to and see why basic good manners appear to have flown out of the window (and get that fixed).

I'll also see what we can do to make this up to you.

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Nov 04, 2010 10:17 |  #2315

Another day. Another Adorama complaint. :lol:

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 04, 2010 11:58 |  #2316
bannedPermanent ban

HelenOster wrote in post #11222240 (external link)
That should NOT have happened...:mad:

Firstly, my apologies; can you please email me directly:HelenO@adoram​a.com - with the time of your call and the number you called from.
I can then find out who you spoke to and see why basic good manners appear to have flown out of the window (and get that fixed).

I'll also see what we can do to make this up to you.

Hi Helen,

Don't worry about it. I called both the 1888 and 212 numbers on the Adorama website. I was a bit confused when I was asked if I was doing a mail order versus picking things up from the store. I said from the store. Then, I was forwarded to an answering machine. I got the same response when I tried to call the second time, the 212 number. Is kind of odd.

1-888-805-4700
212-741-0466

Facebook (external link)

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,744 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Nov 05, 2010 21:44 |  #2317

If Vickie is a friend of Nickie, no wonder Adorama dissed him. He deserved it. ;) :lol:

Oh, 250 people tomorrow in CP? Wow, like can we say crowded? What a bunch of morons.

How about Sunday, the MARATHON? How about a million people? Geez, you guys are losing it. :lol:

me

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 05, 2010 23:34 as a reply to  @ MDJAK's post |  #2318
bannedPermanent ban

I will be at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden tomorrow and maybe about later heading to the Prospect Park. Both are very close to each other. Testing out my Carl Zeiss 35-70. So far, I love it. Some initial test shots on my niece indoor with single strobe.

IMAGE: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1384/5150284692_821dc97ede_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/vracing/5150284​692/  (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/5150098050_93b21ef0e5_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/vracing/5150098​050/  (external link)

The adapter is reporting the lens as a EF 50 F1.8 II. :)

Facebook (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 07, 2010 02:16 |  #2319

MDJAK wrote in post #11233568 (external link)
If Vickie is a friend of Nickie, no wonder Adorama dissed him.

I do hope you aren't serious.......... some members of staff (as in any organization or walk of life) are capable of making poor decisions, but I hope that nobody at Adorama would intentionally ever treat any customer without 100% respect and care for any reason!

ooo
Goldmember
1,765 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 07, 2010 06:27 |  #2320

Mark's just causing trouble like usual, don't mind him. He did grin and wink when he wrote that comment. You forgot to quote those ;)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 07, 2010 06:33 |  #2321

ooo wrote in post #11239592 (external link)
Mark's just causing trouble like usual, don't mind him. He did grin and wink when he wrote that comment. You forgot to quote those ;)

I saw those - but just in case another reader missed them...........

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,744 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Nov 07, 2010 07:58 |  #2322

Thanks, triple O.

But Helen, really. First, I've come to Adorama's defense in every thread I've seen re complaints about your fine store. I've stated that threads of that nature should not be permitted.

Second, in my 17,000+ posts, I hope I've not uttered a serious word in any one of them.

Third, Nicky and Vicky deserved it. :lol:

HelenOster
That's me!
4,587 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 07, 2010 08:49 |  #2323

MDJAK wrote in post #11239828 (external link)
Thanks, triple O.

But Helen, really. First, I've come to Adorama's defense in every thread I've seen re complaints about your fine store. I've stated that threads of that nature should not be permitted.

Second, in my 17,000+ posts, I hope I've not uttered a serious word in any one of them.

Third, Nicky and Vicky deserved it. :lol:

You're right, sorry. :o

A bit grumpy / over sensitive today 'cos someone posted the same shipping complaint in 3 separate threads.....

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,744 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Nov 07, 2010 18:31 |  #2324

Helen, apology accepted. ;) But not necessary. You are great around here.

There is no store, no company anywhere that does the volume of business Adorama or B&H does, that doesn't screw up once in a while. It would be impossible. Nothing and no one is perfect.

People around here, including Nicksan, have been ripped off by members who offer an item for sale and then take the money and in Nick's case, don't even run. They're still a member, in spite of his complaints to the mods. It's ridiculous. Yet, you can't post negative feedback.

Well the rules are the rules. It should not be allowed against stores either. And 9 out of 10 times it's the customer's fault or a misunderstanding. How many threads have we read where someone ordered something late in the day before a holiday when you are closed, and then they pissed and moaned about not getting it.

Enough is enough already with these specious complaints.

And NICKY, stop buying stuff to try it out and then return it. ;) ;) :lol: It's getting old.

And Vicky, back to the bike racing. ;)

me

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,203 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 07, 2010 18:46 |  #2325
bannedPermanent ban

MDJAK wrote in post #11242636 (external link)
Helen, apology accepted. ;) But not necessary. You are great around here.

There is no store, no company anywhere that does the volume of business Adorama or B&H does, that doesn't screw up once in a while. It would be impossible. Nothing and no one is perfect.

People around here, including Nicksan, have been ripped off by members who offer an item for sale and then take the money and in Nick's case, don't even run. They're still a member, in spite of his complaints to the mods. It's ridiculous. Yet, you can't post negative feedback.

Well the rules are the rules. It should not be allowed against stores either. And 9 out of 10 times it's the customer's fault or a misunderstanding. How many threads have we read where someone ordered something late in the day before a holiday when you are closed, and then they pissed and moaned about not getting it.

Enough is enough already with these specious complaints.

And NICKY, stop buying stuff to try it out and then return it. ;) ;) :lol: It's getting old.

And Vicky, back to the bike racing. ;)

me

How did that happen to Nick???? Anyway, I am not riding now. Maybe once a week to stretch the legs. Is getting cold. I am not as hardcore as before. Anyone shooting the marathon today?

Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

259,447 views & 0 likes for this thread
NYC Meets?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.