Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Forums  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear
Forums  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear
Register to forums    Log in

POTN forums are closing 31.12.2023. Please see https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1530921 and other posts in that thread for details.
FORUMS Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
Thread started 07 Nov 2010 (Sunday) 15:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links (only for non-logged)

Where to buy Canon batteries?

dcorban
87 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 07, 2010 15:37 |  #1

I am having a hell of a time finding legit Canon batteries here in Canada. Even Canon's own online store does not list them. I sent an email in hopes that they have them, but just don't have them listed for whatever reason. The USA Canon store has the battery I need, and at a good price, but they don't ship to Canada.

Anyone know of an online store that sells legit Canon batteries? I have had it with third party batteries. They have been nothing but a waste of time.

In particular, I am looking for the NB-1LH.

Wallace ­ River
" ...a bit of a pervy voyeur "
12,777 posts
Gallery: 167 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2010

Nov 07, 2010 15:52 |  #2

Vistek sells the OE battery but they're not cheap at $74.95.
http://www.vistek.ca …-elph-excl-sd-series.aspx (external link)

IAN - Living life on the shores of the Wallace River in northern Nova Scotia, Canada :
Canon 1D4, 1D-X, 1D-X II, almost enough glass.
My Flickr (external link).

stevewf1
830 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 07, 2010 20:47 |  #3

Might try B&H photo. Didn't see anything specific about Canada, one way or the other...

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …cies.jsp#shippi​ngPolicies (external link)

Steve

dcorban
THREAD ­ STARTER
87 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 07, 2010 21:01 |  #4

Wallace River wrote in post #11241850 (external link)
Vistek sells the OE battery but they're not cheap at $74.95.
http://www.vistek.ca …-elph-excl-sd-series.aspx (external link)

That is obscene. The battery is currently available direct from Canon for $40 USD.

adwoodw
Mostly Lurking
15 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 07, 2010 22:40 as a reply to  @ dcorban's post |  #5

What city do you live in?

Prices for camera accessories are a rip off in Canada most of the time. I usually get mine from Ebay. How about a non Canon battery from Sterlingtek. I've had positive experiences with them and their batteries are very high quality.

http://sterlingtek.com …gital-elph-s-battery.html (external link)

$8.99 for the equivalent

Do a google search for Sterlingtek and you will find many happy customers.

Canon 7D | Canon T1i |Canon 50mm f1.8| Canon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 |Canon EF-S 15-85mm IS | Sigma 18-200 f3.5-6.3 DC OS | Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX DC Macro|Crumpler 5MDH | Kata 3 in 1 20 |Crumpler 6 MDH | Canon S95 | Lowepro D-Pods 20

sponsored links (only for non-logged)

1,555 views & 0 likes for this thread, 4 members have posted to it.
Where to buy Canon batteries?
FORUMS Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Forums   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset   •  Home

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.