Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 09 Dec 2009 (Wednesday) 12:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What beer do serious Canon users drink?

neilwood32
Cream of the Crop
6,231 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 16, 2010 07:28 |  #241

NaKiD EyE wrote in post #11285635 (external link)
Corona Light (w/ lime) :lol:

*puts on flame suit* lol

Not sure that qualifies as beer - more like flavoured water :lol::lol:

Having a camera makes you no more a photographer than having a hammer and some nails makes you a carpenter - Claude Adams
Keep calm and carry a camera!
My Gear

sponsored links
C.Michael
754 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Nov 16, 2010 07:32 |  #242

Tiger
Angkhor
Boags Draught
Becks
Stella Artois
Peroni
Hahn Super Dry
Anything 'James Squire' - mainly Golden and Amber ale though.

www.christophermorriso​n.com.au (external link)
Canon 5D Classic w/ grip | 50mm f/1.8 | 85 f/1.8 | 430EX II + YN460II

bspawr
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Nov 16, 2010 07:48 |  #243

This past weekend I had the unfortunate opportunity of sampling the WORST beer I've ever tasted. A friend had offered me a Bud Select 55 and I can attest it is not for consumption. The marketing ploy is that it only has 55 calories so like many things calories must = taste. Imagine taking a really bad beer and then adding water to half of it and you'll get the idea. I immediately switched to a Schlafly Pumpkin Ale.

Brad's Gear | Flickr |  (external link)Facebook |  (external link)Twitter |  (external link)http://www.bspawrphoto​graphy.com/ (external link)

Ray ­ Marrero
Goldmember
1,768 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Nov 16, 2010 07:55 |  #244

budwieser

Ray
Canon 6D, 7D, 30D, Flashpoint Zoom Li-on R2 x2, Flashpoint eVOLV 200 and XPlor 600, AB800 x3, Canon 10-22mm, 18-55mm, 50mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8, 24-70mm 2.8L, 24-105mm 4.0L, 70-200mm 2.8L IS, Sigma 28-105mm 2.8, Tamron 28-75mm 2.8, CyberSyncs.

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 16, 2010 08:25 as a reply to  @ Ray Marrero's post |  #245

The first and only time I tried a Budwieser I nearly puked-?

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

C.Michael
754 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Nov 16, 2010 08:33 |  #246

yogestee wrote in post #11293545 (external link)
The first and only time I tried a Budwieser I nearly puked-?

I'm with you.

How is it over in Laos? I'm planning to head back over to Cambodia mid next year - I love the place.

www.christophermorriso​n.com.au (external link)
Canon 5D Classic w/ grip | 50mm f/1.8 | 85 f/1.8 | 430EX II + YN460II

yogestee
13,845 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 16, 2010 08:52 |  #247

C.Michael wrote in post #11293575 (external link)
I'm with you.

How is it over in Laos? I'm planning to head back over to Cambodia mid next year - I love the place.

Bloody great, mate.. Beer's good too;)

Jurgen

runninmann
what the heck do I know?
8,156 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Nov 16, 2010 11:11 |  #248

bspawr wrote in post #11293415 (external link)
This past weekend I had the unfortunate opportunity of sampling the WORST beer I've ever tasted. A friend had offered me a Bud Select 55 and I can attest it is not for consumption. The marketing ploy is that it only has 55 calories so like many things calories must = taste. Imagine taking a really bad beer and then adding water to half of it and you'll get the idea. I immediately switched to a Schlafly Pumpkin Ale.

Reminds me of the time I was flying to Shanghai (or was it Tokyo?) and happened to strike up a conversation with my German seat mate about beer. He asked, "How is American beer like having sex in a canoe?" He then answered his own riddle, "Both are f**king close to water!"

My Gear

yogestee
13,845 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 16, 2010 19:30 |  #249

runninmann wrote in post #11294436 (external link)
Reminds me of the time I was flying to Shanghai (or was it Tokyo?) and happened to strike up a conversation with my German seat mate about beer. He asked, "How is American beer like having sex in a canoe?" He then answered his own riddle, "Both are f**king close to water!"

I read an article some time ago about Australian servicemen in Vietnam.. Often the Americans would invite Aussie soldiers for a beer drinking session.. Normally American beer was served and the Aussie would knock it back like water, then walk out uneffected.. This was one reason why Aussies got the reputation of being big beer drinkers..

Jurgen

neilwood32
Cream of the Crop
6,231 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 17, 2010 11:28 |  #250

yogestee wrote in post #11297159 (external link)
I read an article some time ago about Australian servicemen in Vietnam.. Often the Americans would invite Aussie soldiers for a beer drinking session.. Normally American beer was served and the Aussie would knock it back like water, then walk out uneffected.. This was one reason why Aussies got the reputation of being big beer drinkers..

I have heard that as well.

I have found the same here - I just don't think there is enough alcohol (or taste) in American beer.

Having a camera makes you no more a photographer than having a hammer and some nails makes you a carpenter - Claude Adams
Keep calm and carry a camera!
My Gear

runninmann
what the heck do I know?
8,156 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Nov 17, 2010 12:56 |  #251

neilwood32 wrote in post #11300795 (external link)
I have heard that as well.

I have found the same here - I just don't think there is enough alcohol (or taste) in American beer.

I presume you're speaking of Bud and Miller and Coors and the like; and not of Sierra Nevada, Full Sail, some Sam Adams styles and those I pictured above among many, many others.

When "American" beer consisted strictly of the modern versions of the popular brands, there was very little substance to them. Now, even they are trying to market more flavorful offerings in light of the growth of craft brewing here in the U.S.

When I was a boy, back in the fifties, the popular brands were different than they are now. Most, if not all were 100% barley brews, with no rice, they presented more hops aroma, and "light" beer had not yet been invented.

Regional brews like Cincinnati's Hudepohl, Schoenling and Burger were brewed in the tradition of the German immigrants who brought their trade to the U.S.

I've been a beer drinker for at least 56 years and I've seen (and tasted) the good and the not-so-good of "American" beer.

My Gear

css7493
360 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Nov 17, 2010 13:09 as a reply to  @ runninmann's post |  #252

Shiner Bock (Brewed a couple hours from where I live)
Sam Adams
Newcastle
Guinness

BJ's Pizza and Brewery (not sure how widespread they are in the US) has a great one called:
"Nutty Brunette"

Gear

runninmann
what the heck do I know?
8,156 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Nov 17, 2010 13:14 |  #253

css7493 wrote in post #11301325 (external link)
Shiner Bock (Brewed a couple hours from where I live)
Sam Adams
Newcastle
Guinness

BJ's Pizza and Brewery (not sure how widespread they are in the US) has a great one called:
"Nutty Brunette"

Funny. I brew one that I call "Cheap and Easy Blonde". I use extract, skimp on the grain and hops, and supplement with rice syrup. That's why it's cheap, easy and blonde. It's a favorite among my friends who prefer "American" beer.

My Gear

marubozo
Goldmember
1,471 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 17, 2010 13:19 |  #254

runninmann wrote in post #11301354 (external link)
Funny. I brew one that I call "Cheap and Easy Blonde". I use extract, skimp on the grain and hops, and supplement with rice syrup. That's why it's cheap, easy and blonde. It's a favorite among my friends who prefer "American" beer.

Hey, what part of Michigan, runnin? I'm down here in the SW corner, but I also brew. :cool:

flickr (external link)

Depht
33 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 17, 2010 13:20 |  #255

Hoegaarden for everyday + everything brewed by Stone

sponsored links

94,067 views & 26 likes for this thread
What beer do serious Canon users drink?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.