Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 31 Jul 2010 (Saturday) 01:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What needs improvement in the 7D?

HighSnobility
169 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Oct 02, 2010 07:00 as a reply to  @ post 11006254 |  #121

7D as it is, + FF :p.

flickr (external link) - gear

sponsored links
NeutronBoy
Goldmember
2,049 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 04, 2010 19:12 |  #122

wider AEB range with more exposures in the brackets

5D Mark II, 40D, 350d
Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS II L | Canon 100-400 IS L [COLOR=black]| Canon 24-70 L | Canon 100mm Macro f2.8 | Canon 50 f1.4| Canon 10-22 | Canon MP-E 65 | Rokinon 14mm f2.8 | Sigma 17 - 70 macro
MT-24 & 430 flashes | other junk

prashadlodhia
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 06, 2010 10:49 |  #123

I had a 7D, it got stolen and have bought a 5D purely for the low iso and full frame depth of view. I think it's great but I really miss the autofocus of the 7D.
What the 7D Mark II should have:
- Bigger sharper LCD
- Superfast liveview autofocus
- Auto ISO to work in the ISO bracket you specify, also enable setting of minimum shutter speed
- In camera HDR
- All buttons are customisable and have a mini lcd text/icon that shows what the function is.
- slightly smaller size
- Clean ISO
- Spirit Level always visible on top lcd and screen.
- In-camera stabilisation (to be used for non-is lenses, you can turn it off when you want proper in-lens stabilisation)
- ultrahigh megapixel count to allow digital zoom
- ability to fit 3d lens and create 3d pictures (that show in 3d on the lcd)

I can dream....

Prashad_Lodhia

5D Mark II | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 17-40mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 | Lightroom 3

Prashad_Lodhia
5D Mark II | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 17-40mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 | Lightroom 3

AdamJL
Goldmember
4,365 posts
Joined May 2006

Oct 06, 2010 19:51 |  #124

^ I like that list.

My only reason for not buying one right now is it's 18mp on full cropper.

No thanks. High ISO suffers.

Either reduce it to 14mp, or develop some totally new tech that can allow one to shoot at 1600 with the same noise profile as the Mk IV.

Gear

midget
511 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 17, 2010 23:57 |  #125

krb wrote in post #10635506 (external link)
- True weather sealing would be nice.
- My only real issue with it is the way the fps slows down in some lighting conditions.

this and I would be a happy camper. a bit cleaner ISOs obviously, and the rest but really, nothing too significant.

40d + 50mm f1.8 MK I + my feet.

Camera ­ Nerd
935 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Nov 18, 2010 12:23 |  #126

AdamJL wrote in post #11048311 (external link)
^ I like that list.

My only reason for not buying one right now is it's 18mp on full cropper.

No thanks. High ISO suffers.

Either reduce it to 14mp, or develop some totally new tech that can allow one to shoot at 1600 with the same noise profile as the Mk IV.

high isos are really clean comparatively on the 7d! I compared the 7d with noise reduction off compared to a friends d300 and the 7d was clearly better. About 2/3 of a stop. sometimes 1 stop! Now Im sure the new d7000 is a little better but the tests you see online of the d7000 at high isos are usually with it set at high Noise reduction.

canon 7d, canon 5d classic, 24-70 2.8 L, 70-200 2.8 (non-is) L, .
my flickr http://www.flickr.com/​photos/51827770@N04/ (external link)

Flamez
28 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Nov 18, 2010 12:26 |  #127

How about multiple exposures on one image, I know the nikon d3 has this function, would be usefulish for sports etc.

Save on Photoshop time.

Regards; Philip Bailey;

tim
Light Bringer
50,987 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Nov 18, 2010 14:23 |  #128

Focus accuracy and consistency on the 7D isn't good enough, even with L lenses. That's why I moved to Nikon.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

DarthVader
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 18, 2010 15:51 |  #129

C'mon...if it's a FF it's not a 7D that's like 5D III to me. The only improvement I'd like to see is the low ISO noise.

JoYork wrote in post #10636291 (external link)
How about a fullframe sensor that used the inner portion when EF-S lenses are attached?

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

mckinleypics
Goldmember
1,809 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 18, 2010 15:57 |  #130

I would like two things, and one of them may be possible with custom buttons but I haven't taken the time to figure it out:

1. Dual card slots (this isn't the "one thing")
2. I would like a button that I can press to take a quick shot of something. Let me explain. I like using a tripod and taking landscape shots. I always use a two second delay to avoid camera shake. Sometimes I'm walking from one spot to another and I see a bird or a deer. I try to take a quick shot but the two second delay screws me. It would be nice to be able to hit a button that quickly changes to one shot or high speed and also opens the aperture up to get a faster shutter speed.

I suppose I could set one of the C1-C3 modes for this but switching the knob requires me to actually take my eye of the bird to see the position of the knob.

Dave
7D, 70-200mm 2.8 L IS, 24-70mm 2.8 L, 50mm 1.4, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, 580EXII
My Flickr (external link)

Ren ­ Tachino
74 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 18, 2010 16:10 |  #131

mckinleypics wrote in post #11308295 (external link)

I would LOVE one CF slot and one SD slot. There's no chance of only SD cards and one of each would make the transition from my 60D if I were to make it easier. But I'll just keep on wishing...:p

dave ­ kadolph
"Fix the cigarette lighter"
6,138 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2007
Location: West Michigan--166.33 miles to the Cook County courthouse

Nov 18, 2010 17:04 as a reply to  @ Ren Tachino's post |  #132

It didn't need more pixels--just better pixels--and an AF system that works every time.

Middle age is when you can finally afford the things that a young man could truly enjoy.
Tools of the trade

John ­ Sheehy
Goldmember
2,909 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 18, 2010 17:21 |  #133

mckinleypics wrote in post #11308295 (external link)
I would like two things, and one of them may be possible with custom buttons but I haven't taken the time to figure it out:

2. I would like a button that I can press to take a quick shot of something. Let me explain. I like using a tripod and taking landscape shots. I always use a two second delay to avoid camera shake. Sometimes I'm walking from one spot to another and I see a bird or a deer. I try to take a quick shot but the two second delay screws me. It would be nice to be able to hit a button that quickly changes to one shot or high speed and also opens the aperture up to get a faster shutter speed.

I suppose I could set one of the C1-C3 modes for this but switching the knob requires me to actually take my eye of the bird to see the position of the knob.

I've felt for a long time that my DSLRs need a dual shutter button feature, with each button assigned to a different mode. In some cases, I'd want one button for movies and the other for stills; in some cases flash vs non-flash; in others, low ISO with Av-pri on one, and Manual with auto-ISO on the other. Changing these things in-camera is a ridiculous waste of time, and source of premature dial/switch wear. Turning an external Speedlight on and off is the worst, when using a long, heavy lens. You don't even know what tree your subject was in, after the distracting change.

Heck, make it three shutter buttons if there's enough room. One could be controlled by the dials, and the other two on the LCD.

nonick
Goldmember
1,588 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Nov 19, 2010 02:29 |  #134

7D needs
1. More accurate and more consistent AF ability on Primes
2. More accurate exposure... it's at least 1/3 to 1/2 stop under most of the time... tho EV can correct it.
3. 100% VF as cliamed..
4. Dual card slots
5. Inbody IS for all the non IS primes...
6. In body HDR processing
7. Give me the rule of third grid

Gear|Searching for 7DII, Buying 5DIII 35L II, 24-70 2.8L IS

kent ­ andersen
Goldmember
1,071 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 04, 2011 02:28 |  #135

I want my cell phone on it, metall sensor, survival kit, android software, wlan and a 3D graphic card to play video games.

Living in Austria, I am so glad that there is stuff like Gimp out there...
I am a happy giver, so if you find any misspelling in my text, you can keep them... :)
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/41388512@N05/ (external link)

sponsored links

26,758 views & 0 likes for this thread
What needs improvement in the 7D?
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.