Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 29 Nov 2010 (Monday) 17:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Need serious help.

Kentaro
422 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Nov 29, 2010 17:39 |  #1

I'm having a dilemma right now.

so I shot footage of a concert with a 16gb card and have several clips on the card
All but one are working fine when viewed in Quick time, FCP or whatever.

my last clip which is 8 minutes long has a problem. It's a unique problem as I have never encountered it before.

So I can play the 8 minute clip until it hits around 1:25 then it just goes blank. I can't view the video as a full in any program.
I tried recompressing in FCP but an error came up "the attempt to recompress "______" failed with an error code of 1.

This clip is extremely important as it is for a client.

Came out of Canon 60D 1080P 30fps

Help would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Chris

[6D X (17-40 // 50 // 35 // 70-200)]

sponsored links
Nino ­ Gallego
724 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 29, 2010 17:51 |  #2

Wow. that is some serious stuff. I wanna know if it can be salvaged.

-website (external link)-/-

saturnin
Goldmember
1,987 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Nov 29, 2010 18:33 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

it could be an issue with the card... it happens... if you copied your file to the HD and the issue still persists.. i dont think there is anything you can do ... its like having a drop out on a video tape.. cant do anything. Now i could be wrong but from my video experience, you lost the clip.

http://www.saturninflo​yd.tumblr.com (external link) samples
http://www.asphaltjunk​iez.com (external link) - award winning filmmaker - 3 documentaries done, more to go. I'm not wasting this 1 life.
Gear is gear, gotta do wif what you got! This forum makes me bite my tongue like no other forum i've ever been on :)

peter ­ nap
581 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 29, 2010 18:51 |  #4

saturnin wrote in post #11366149 (external link)
it could be an issue with the card... it happens... if you copied your file to the HD and the issue still persists.. i dont think there is anything you can do ... its like having a drop out on a video tape.. cant do anything. Now i could be wrong but from my video experience, you lost the clip.

You could try some file recovery software. Thankfully, I've never had it happen with anything that couldn't be reshot so I can't recommend what software to try.

You might want to start by calling the card manufacturer. I think some of them offer recovery programs.

Just a question, you said 8 minutes. I have had my 7D timeout after 12 and corrupt the file. Any chance that happened? If so...you're screwed.

Kentaro
THREAD ­ STARTER
422 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Nov 29, 2010 18:54 |  #5

Never mind! I restarted my computer and put the card back in and now everything is fine!

Sheesh, what a relief *phew*

Thanks for the help though!

peter ­ nap
581 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Nov 29, 2010 19:06 |  #6

Kentaro wrote in post #11366278 (external link)
Never mind! I restarted my computer and put the card back in and now everything is fine!

Sheesh, what a relief *phew*

Thanks for the help though!

Got a little more gray hair than yesterday?:lol:

saturnin
Goldmember
1,987 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Nov 29, 2010 19:10 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

heh.. good for u... i guess i must have misunderstood .... but yah glad u got it back and it was the simplest solution..as with most cases the asnwer is so simple we dont even consider it...

http://www.saturninflo​yd.tumblr.com (external link) samples
http://www.asphaltjunk​iez.com (external link) - award winning filmmaker - 3 documentaries done, more to go. I'm not wasting this 1 life.
Gear is gear, gotta do wif what you got! This forum makes me bite my tongue like no other forum i've ever been on :)

Kentaro
THREAD ­ STARTER
422 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Nov 29, 2010 19:48 |  #8

peter nap wrote in post #11366338 (external link)
Got a little more gray hair than yesterday?:lol:

Yeah haha. I've been literally pulling my hair for an hour searching everywhere for a solution. :lol:

sponsored links

1,685 views & 0 likes for this thread
Need serious help.
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.