Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 11 Nov 2010 (Thursday) 11:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

[REVIEW] NEW Luma Loop Mk II ~Beta~

Tanglefoot47
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 30, 2010 21:06 |  #46

I am still not convinced I would trust this QR with my gear. I have used these on other things like my car keys and a couple times it has come apart. Granted it's a little different but the chain still has the ball bearings as this does

sponsored links
Vladimer
634 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 01, 2010 11:27 |  #47

For someone who has used it...

How much force is required to release it? It looks like a nice sling but I am just a little worried that the webbing might push back or something and push on the QR and drop the camera.

Tanglefoot47
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Dec 06, 2010 16:32 |  #48

I decided to try if even though I was worried about the QR and today I got the loop and very happy that I did try it. This is a killer strap I always liked it except the old style I didn't like the plastic QR. First thing I wanted to check is the new QR very solid and has eased my mind about it coming apart. The release is in such a position it;s nearly impossible to accidentally releasing it. Having owned the old style I can say the improvements are awesome

Jdmhood
455 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 06, 2010 16:40 |  #49

Tanglefoot47 wrote in post #11405911 (external link)
I decided to try if even though I was worried about the QR and today I got the loop and very happy that I did try it. This is a killer strap I always liked it except the old style I didn't like the plastic QR. First thing I wanted to check is the new QR very solid and has eased my mind about it coming apart. The release is in such a position it;s nearly impossible to accidentally releasing it. Having owned the old style I can say the improvements are awesome

Congrats on the new strap! Man.. i ordered it the same day you did and i haven't received it yet.. Guess it sucks to live on the other side of the country. :rolleyes:

Bodies- 5D Mark II | 7D
Gear- Canon 100L IS Macro | Canon 135L | Sigma 50/1.4 EX DG | Canon 70-200L 2.8 Mark II | Canon 24-70L | Canon 50 f/1.8 | Canon 1.4 Extender | Speedlite 430 EX II | Speedlite 580 EX II | Kenko Extension Tube Set | Feisol CT-3442 Tripod | Feisol CM-1471 Monopod | Photo Clam PC-44NS ballhead
Currently Reading- Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision by David duChemin (external link)

TT-00
195 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Dec 06, 2010 16:41 |  #50

Jdmhood wrote in post #11405944 (external link)
Congrats on the new strap! Man.. i ordered it the same day you did and i haven't received it yet.. Guess it sucks to live on the other side of the country. :rolleyes:

Where do you order yours LL MK II?

Jdmhood
455 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 06, 2010 16:42 |  #51

TT-00 wrote in post #11405951 (external link)
Where do you order yours LL MK II?

The Luma loop website.

http://Lu.ma (external link)

Bodies- 5D Mark II | 7D
Gear- Canon 100L IS Macro | Canon 135L | Sigma 50/1.4 EX DG | Canon 70-200L 2.8 Mark II | Canon 24-70L | Canon 50 f/1.8 | Canon 1.4 Extender | Speedlite 430 EX II | Speedlite 580 EX II | Kenko Extension Tube Set | Feisol CT-3442 Tripod | Feisol CM-1471 Monopod | Photo Clam PC-44NS ballhead
Currently Reading- Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision by David duChemin (external link)

AdamC
Goldmember
3,719 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 06, 2010 17:27 as a reply to  @ Jdmhood's post |  #52

Jdmhood wrote in post #11405944 (external link)

heh, you think you've got problems? I'm on the other side of the Pacific Ocean - I ordered mine 9 days ago and I'm still waiting.

[gallery (external link)|gear|flickr (external link)|blog (external link)]

Jdmhood
455 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 06, 2010 17:54 |  #53

AdamC wrote in post #11406212 (external link)
heh, you think you've got problems? I'm on the other side of the Pacific Ocean - I ordered mine 9 days ago and I'm still waiting.

Hey, that's only halfway around the world. I live on the opposite side of the continent. :lol:

Bodies- 5D Mark II | 7D

Jeff ­ Smith
102 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 06, 2010 20:36 |  #54

I just got my new LL II today and I gotta tell you I'm very impressed with this strap. I love the way the banana strap feels on the shoulder and it doesn't slip at all when I raise the camera to shooting position. It's just grippy enough to hold it there while being very comfortable. I feel very comfortable with the new QR as it's very sturdy and I don't see how you could accidentally release it. It's very heavy duty and slides on the strap very easily. I am very impressed with the quality of this and in my opinion it's worth every penny I paid for it. I have always used a regular strap but I think I'm a convert to this over the shoulder strap idea. I don't mind letting the camera hang at my side in fact it's quite comfortable and very easy to grab the camera and have it in position quickly. I guess you would say I'm a satisfied customer.

Jeff
Canon 7D gripped | 70-200 2.8L IS | 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM | EFS 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM | 50mm 1.8 II | EFS 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM | EF 70-300 4-5.6 IS USM | Speedlite 580EX

viktorsundberg
218 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 07, 2010 03:11 |  #55

Blurr Cube wrote in post #11312798 (external link)
When you do, can you please comment on whether there is one or two cambuckles that act as stoppers/lock for the camera? Thanks.

Hm, I'm not sure exactly what you mean? What kind of stoppers/lock? Do you mean the quick relase? Regarding the QR, there is no way that it would accidentally release by itself, the positioning of is is quite ingenious.

To be honest, I have done mostly tripod shooting lately so I havn't really used this strap in the firled yet (one of the reasons I got it was to be able to remove the strap cause 90% of the time I shoot I dont need a strap). I will get back with more info when I have used it more though.

5D mk III | TS-E 17 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 100 f/2.8L Macro IS | 300 f/2.8L IS | 600 f/4L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | Gitzo tripods | RRS ballheads | Wimberley gimbal
Photographer and author from Sweden. Teacher at Canon and organizer of independent workshops. Visit my website: www.viktorsundberg.se (external link)

melvinudawl
324 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 07, 2010 03:16 |  #56

viktorsundberg wrote in post #11408788 (external link)
Hm, I'm not sure exactly what you mean? What kind of stoppers/lock? Do you mean the quick relase? Regarding the QR, there is no way that it would accidentally release by itself, the positioning of is is quite ingenious.

To be honest, I have done mostly tripod shooting lately so I havn't really used this strap in the firled yet (one of the reasons I got it was to be able to remove the strap cause 90% of the time I shoot I dont need a strap). I will get back with more info when I have used it more though.

I think he's referring to "stoppers" that sit on the strap in front of and behind where the camera attaches. You'll find these on BR straps, for instance. They are just little clips that slid 1 in front of and 1 behind the attachment point. They lock into place and stop the camera from moving up or down the strap for additional security.

The LL V1 did not have these, not sure about V2.

1D3 | 7D | 16-35II | 17-40 f/4L | 24-105 f/4L IS | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200f/2.8L | 70-200 f/4 | 85 f/1.8 | 100 f/2.8 Macro | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L | 580EXII
Full Gear List

Jonta
540 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 07, 2010 07:23 |  #57

Jeff Smith wrote in post #11407190 (external link)
(...)I'm a satisfied customer.

What property of the strap is your least favourite? You'll probably need to use it for a while to find out, but if you could post it, that would be great!

Blurr ­ Cube
...a lucky id-iot that didn't get electrocuted...
15,147 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 07, 2010 11:28 |  #58

melvinudawl wrote in post #11408808 (external link)
I think he's referring to "stoppers" that sit on the strap in front of and behind where the camera attaches. You'll find these on BR straps, for instance. They are just little clips that slid 1 in front of and 1 behind the attachment point. They lock into place and stop the camera from moving up or down the strap for additional security.

The LL V1 did not have these, not sure about V2.

Yes. "Stoppers" (I think BR calls it that) or cambuckles that can be slid on the webbing and will "lock" the steel ring along the webbing. The Luma website has a pic showing it has at least one cambuckle. But I've been told that there is an accessory pack (that comes with your order) which includes two cambuckles so as to custumize the luma loop. Can someone with the V2 verify this?

| Canon EOS Systems |

YseanY
160 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 07, 2010 19:15 |  #59

Blurr Cube wrote in post #11410609 (external link)
Yes. "Stoppers" (I think BR calls it that) or cambuckles that can be slid on the webbing and will "lock" the steel ring along the webbing. The Luma website has a pic showing it has at least one cambuckle. But I've been told that there is an accessory pack (that comes with your order) which includes two cambuckles so as to custumize the luma loop. Can someone with the V2 verify this?

you are corret in that there is two stoppers!

Jeff ­ Smith
102 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 08, 2010 02:14 |  #60

Blurr Cube wrote in post #11410609 (external link)

As stated above it does come with two cam buckles but I tried putting one on the strap and it doesn't close all the way no matter how I installed it. The part that hinges doesn't close all the way down on the strap. I emailed them and they got right back to me and I still had questions about it and I sent a photo with my question tonight so I'm sure they'll get back in the morning with a response. I'll post what they said when I find out.

I just checked their website a while ago and they are sold out of both straps and the lanyard already. Looks like it's been a popular product launch.

Jeff
Canon 7D gripped | 70-200 2.8L IS | 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM | EFS 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM | 50mm 1.8 II | EFS 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM | EF 70-300 4-5.6 IS USM | Speedlite 580EX

sponsored links

27,701 views & 0 likes for this thread
[REVIEW] NEW Luma Loop Mk II ~Beta~
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.