Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 07 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 13:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

OT: Craigslist: accounts

photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,310 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 07, 2010 13:50 |  #1

Anyone here that uses Craigslist get hit up for your phone number for 'verification' purposes?

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback
Equipment For Sale: Canon PowerShot A95

sponsored links
Buckeye1
Goldmember
3,408 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Joined May 2005

Dec 07, 2010 13:52 |  #2

Not yet...

Cozmocha
728 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 07, 2010 13:53 |  #3

I did it and they still didn't post my ad.

-Kurt
www.kurtriversphoto.co​m (external link) || http://www.sportsshoot​er.com/kurtrivers (external link)

photopat
569 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Dec 07, 2010 14:03 |  #4

yes I did once or twice. I had an issue once that I never received the phone call. Send them an email to complain, and they approved it manually but it took two days.
Just erase your cookies, and create a new add with another email to bypass it in case the verification does not work.

toys list

Rachel ­ B
I normally pay attention
1,139 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 07, 2010 14:05 |  #5

You should only need to do that once, and only to post in the services section... watch out for fake craigslist emails that are trying to fish for your info... I get the fake craigslist emails all the time...

40d, 30d, Canon 17-40L, 70-200 2.8 ISL, 60mm 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4, 18-55 Kit, 430exII 2xYN-460 II Flashes

photoguy6405
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,310 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 07, 2010 14:10 |  #6

It's not in the form of an e-mail. It is part of the posting process, apparently. Only things we post are household type items for sale in the regular want-ads.

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback

volfan1978
720 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 07, 2010 17:26 |  #7

I've received two of those lately. And yes, it's after you've begun the process to submit your ad. Not sure why they're doing it though.

rjx
Goldmember
2,670 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 07, 2010 18:10 |  #8

volfan1978 wrote in post #11412694 (external link)
I've received two of those lately. And yes, it's after you've begun the process to submit your ad.

Ditto.

I think it has to do with spamming. If you post frequently. Who knows.

As long as you are on the REAL CL site and get this notification while posting don't worry about it. If you receive an email that appears to be from CL asking for personal info, DON'T DO IT!

You might receive an email that looks like it's from CL. And when you click on it the site might look like it's CL. And if it asks you to log in or supply other info, DON'T DO IT. If that ever happens to anyone here, look at the web address very carefully (where you type the web address at) . The clickable link can say one thing, but the actual address might be different.

Also, if you receive a link in an email (or site), just hover the mouse cursor over it and look at the bottom left corner of your browser (Firefox). It will display the real web address of what you are clicking on.

"It doesn't matter what camera you have if your photography has nothing worthwhile to say"
“Photos are everywhere. You just have to know how to look.”

cory1848
Goldmember
1,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Dec 08, 2010 07:38 |  #9

Be careful of all the spam email asking for verification. I get tons of that in my email.

Gear List
"Those are some mighty fine pots and pans you have, they must make a great dinner!

Afty
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 08, 2010 12:03 |  #10

I got this the other day while posting several things in the computer section. It was not an email but part of the posting process.

photoguy6405
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,310 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 08, 2010 13:17 |  #11

Do any of you comply? (Not to e-mails, of course)

I usually don't, but it won't let me post anymore that day. I come back a couple days later and it lets me post a few more again.

rjx
Goldmember
2,670 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 08, 2010 13:21 |  #12

photoguy6405 wrote in post #11417402 (external link)
Do any of you comply?

Yes. I get the call super fast and I type in the code and submit my ad. Happens every once in a while.

"It doesn't matter what camera you have if your photography has nothing worthwhile to say"
“Photos are everywhere. You just have to know how to look.”

sponsored links

834 views & 0 likes for this thread
OT: Craigslist: accounts
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.