Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 11 Nov 2010 (Thursday) 11:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

[REVIEW] NEW Luma Loop Mk II ~Beta~

Blurr ­ Cube
...a lucky id-iot that didn't get electrocuted...
15,147 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 08, 2010 09:58 |  #61

Jeff Smith wrote in post #11415053 (external link)
As stated above it does come with two cam buckles but I tried putting one on the strap and it doesn't close all the way no matter how I installed it. The part that hinges doesn't close all the way down on the strap. I emailed them and they got right back to me and I still had questions about it and I sent a photo with my question tonight so I'm sure they'll get back in the morning with a response. I'll post what they said when I find out.

I just checked their website a while ago and they are sold out of both straps and the lanyard already. Looks like it's been a popular product launch.

I've been informed that the cambuckles may not be included in the future. There may be issues with them like the one you are experiencing. Perhaps only the first batch/sets will have them.

If there's a better way to "lock" the camera to certain location on the strap, I'd be really interested in it. With my current strap (Optech) if I want it in the front, I have to use my hand. If I want it behind me, I don't have an option.

| Canon EOS Systems |

sponsored links
kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 08, 2010 11:32 |  #62

Blurr Cube wrote in post #11416234 (external link)
I've been informed that the cambuckles may not be included in the future. There may be issues with them like the one you are experiencing. Perhaps only the first batch/sets will have them.

If there's a better way to "lock" the camera to certain location on the strap, I'd be really interested in it. With my current strap (Optech) if I want it in the front, I have to use my hand. If I want it behind me, I don't have an option.

cam buckles are too flimsy to hold the camera and lens... especially bigger zooms and pro bodies...

if you must have something to limit the movement of the camera, go pick up a 1" ladder lock buckle with a more defined shape such as thefourth item on this page (external link), undo the webbing at back and install it.

it is not a quick adjust, but will hold in place depending on how you loop the webbing.

Albert the Clumsy Ape
GEAR | FEEDBACK | REVIEW | KING OF GREENE STREET (external link) | FS: Gitzo GT1550T, Photoclam PC30N

kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 08, 2010 11:33 |  #63

Jeff Smith wrote in post #11415053 (external link)
As stated above it does come with two cam buckles but I tried putting one on the strap and it doesn't close all the way no matter how I installed it. The part that hinges doesn't close all the way down on the strap. I emailed them and they got right back to me and I still had questions about it and I sent a photo with my question tonight so I'm sure they'll get back in the morning with a response. I'll post what they said when I find out.

I just checked their website a while ago and they are sold out of both straps and the lanyard already. Looks like it's been a popular product launch.

the webbing is too heavy to be used with this type of plastic cam buckles.

as my post above, get a ladder lock buckle and use it to limit movement.

Albert the Clumsy Ape
GEAR | FEEDBACK | REVIEW | KING OF GREENE STREET (external link) | FS: Gitzo GT1550T, Photoclam PC30N

Jeff ­ Smith
102 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 08, 2010 12:12 |  #64

Kinghong1970, thanks for the idea. I'll get one like that.

Jeff
Canon 7D gripped | 70-200 2.8L IS | 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM | EFS 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM | 50mm 1.8 II | EFS 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM | EF 70-300 4-5.6 IS USM | Speedlite 580EX

Blurr ­ Cube
...a lucky id-iot that didn't get electrocuted...
15,147 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 08, 2010 12:36 |  #65

Jeff Smith wrote in post #11417060 (external link)
Kinghong1970, thanks for the idea. I'll get one like that.

Can two of these ladder locks be easily installed on the Loop? Meaning take it apart easily to slide in these ladder locks?

| Canon EOS Systems |

Jdmhood
455 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 08, 2010 13:59 |  #66

Okay, i just received my Luma Loop II and it's one of the best straps i've owned so far. Very comfortable and the securing QR mechanism is really well made, no fear of it dropping my camera what so ever.

Now the questions.. What exactly is the purpose the cambuckles? Act as a stopper to "stop" the camera on a certain location on the strap upon release?

I'm having similar issues with the above posters. The buckle wouldn't shut all the way.

Bodies- 5D Mark II | 7D
Gear- Canon 100L IS Macro | Canon 135L | Sigma 50/1.4 EX DG | Canon 70-200L 2.8 Mark II | Canon 24-70L | Canon 50 f/1.8 | Canon 1.4 Extender | Speedlite 430 EX II | Speedlite 580 EX II | Kenko Extension Tube Set | Feisol CT-3442 Tripod | Feisol CM-1471 Monopod | Photo Clam PC-44NS ballhead
Currently Reading- Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision by David duChemin (external link)

kinghong1970
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,093 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 08, 2010 15:13 |  #67

the cam buckles are designed to use with a loose end tab to adjust length... but i believe their use is for limiting the movement of the camera sling slider within the set cam buckles.

yes, you can install as many cam buckles as you like.

when i get home, i'll cut up some of my old bags and do a mock up of installation and test and post pics.

if you're good with your hands... you can take a slimmer file and try to file down the gripping teeth on the cam buckles so they have enough room for lever to close.

but again, let me go back home and do some fiddling...

Albert the Clumsy Ape

worrptangl
404 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Dec 08, 2010 15:46 |  #68

Lets see some pictures! I was going to order one but decided to wait until others had them in hand!

Jdmhood
455 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 08, 2010 15:53 |  #69

worrptangl wrote in post #11418294 (external link)
Lets see some pictures! I was going to order one but decided to wait until others had them in hand!

Pictures of? Albert did an excellent job "documenting" the strap already.

Is there a specific part that you want to see?

Bodies- 5D Mark II | 7D
Gear- Canon 100L IS Macro | Canon 135L | Sigma 50/1.4 EX DG | Canon 70-200L 2.8 Mark II | Canon 24-70L | Canon 50 f/1.8 | Canon 1.4 Extender | Speedlite 430 EX II | Speedlite 580 EX II | Kenko Extension Tube Set | Feisol CT-3442 Tripod | Feisol CM-1471 Monopod | Photo Clam PC-44NS ballhead
Currently Reading- Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision by David duChemin (external link)

worrptangl
404 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Dec 08, 2010 18:30 |  #70

Holding different lenses, actually wearing them. I'm just curious to see it in use.

Jdmhood
455 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 08, 2010 19:11 |  #71

worrptangl wrote in post #11419165 (external link)
Holding different lenses, actually wearing them. I'm just curious to see it in use.

I can probably snap a few images later on tonight.

Bodies- 5D Mark II | 7D

worrptangl
404 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Dec 08, 2010 19:40 |  #72

Jdmhood wrote in post #11419347 (external link)
I can probably snap a few images later on tonight.

Awesome!

AdamC
Goldmember
3,719 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 13, 2010 17:24 as a reply to  @ worrptangl's post |  #73

AdamC wrote in post #11406212 (external link)
heh, you think you've got problems? I'm on the other side of the Pacific Ocean - I ordered mine 9 days ago and I'm still waiting.

Jdmhood wrote in post #11406364 (external link)
Hey, that's only halfway around the world. I live on the opposite side of the continent. :lol:

Well, I finally got mine today - carded yesterday, picked up this morning. Only 12 days from Portland Oregon to Newcastle NSW! :rolleyes: Yay USPS!

Anyway, haven't had a chance to try it yet but it looks great! :)

[gallery (external link)|gear|flickr (external link)|blog (external link)]

alwaySleepy
276 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 13, 2010 21:04 |  #74

still waiting on mine. 12 days and counting..

-Gear List-

alwaySleepy
276 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 15, 2010 20:25 |  #75

Alright, so I finally received my loop yesterday, and gave it a test run right after work. I have to say this thing is amazing in comfort, and ease of use. This is my first strap other than the canon strap, so I have nothing to compare to, but I don't see myself ever trying another one.

As for the clamps that came with the strap, I have no issues with it, and it has served its purpose for me. No it does not clamp allllll the way shut, but it clamps down enough to stay out of the way and serve its purpose of limiting the area of which my camera can go before it moves the "banana". So I'm not sure what problems people are having with the clamps, but mine work just fine.

-Gear List-

sponsored links

27,825 views & 0 likes for this thread
[REVIEW] NEW Luma Loop Mk II ~Beta~
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.