Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 08 Dec 2010 (Wednesday) 00:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Shot entirely with the Canon T1I

kf095
Cream of the Crop
6,621 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 08, 2010 10:04 |  #16

themadman wrote in post #11414745 (external link)
It is within the capabilities of the camera, there is nothing false about it.

The season finally of House season 5 was done on Canon 5D2.

Anthony Bourdane's "No Reservations" is shot on Canon 7D.

Nissan DId a advertisement recently with Canon DSLR.

If you want to do video, nothing wrong with a DSLR. Even cheap lenses are very capable.

Absolutely right!

I’m working in broadcast-television industry for last twenty (or so) years.
It used to be huge difference between pro and consumer cameras and editing equipment. But not anymore.

The only huge difference between Tli and normal video camera would be in auto focusing. But for some shots it is not so important and some pro would use manual focus anyway.

Even kit lens would have same optical quality as lens on pro video camera and the recorded video signal would be the good for editing. Audio is different, but not for commercials production, which needs to be recorded to separate thing in separate place anyway.

Of course nobody is going to edit anything more less important on crappy Microsoft software. They can’t even make their browser working properly. Where are industry standard software solutions available for last ten+ years. Avid software is not so expensive anymore. FinalCut Pro is affordable and many pro using it for production these days. Not to mention After Effects which exists since 1993 and very affordable.

Studio Lights? You need them even for family portraits if you want good picture.
And renting of small studio with lights and backgroud costs as low as 100 USD per day.

Old Site (external link). M-E and ME blog (external link). Film Flickr (external link). my DigitaL and AnaLog Gear.

sponsored links
GooseberryVisuals
Goldmember
1,045 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 08, 2010 10:23 |  #17

You realize they're trying to sell a product right?

I mean, I don't go out and spend $100 on a bottle of cologne and wonder why I don't have 3 models handing off me while I'm sitting on a boat in Italy....

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,729 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Dec 08, 2010 10:59 |  #18

ZachOly wrote in post #11416424 (external link)
You realize they're trying to sell a product right?

I mean, I don't go out and spend $100 on a bottle of cologne and wonder why I don't have 3 models handing off me while I'm sitting on a boat in Italy....

Probably because I have 6 models sitting here with me right now. You didn't put enough on. ;)

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

GooseberryVisuals
Goldmember
1,045 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 08, 2010 11:37 |  #19

TeamSpeed wrote in post #11416669 (external link)
Probably because I have 6 models sitting here with me right now. You didn't put enough on. ;)

Dam, should have bought Axe body spray!!! :twisted:

wernersl
Goldmember
1,944 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Dec 08, 2010 13:39 |  #20

HyperYagami wrote in post #11414739 (external link)
In those commercials Ashton Kutcher shoots better pics with his Nikon P&S then my 50D...

I should switch.

bw!

Shawn l Gear
Mamarazzi Photography (external link)
Wife owns the biz...I just shoot the weddings!

shutterpat
Cream of the Crop
10,528 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 08, 2010 13:45 |  #21

I'm a T1i user and happy shooting away....

Follow me --> https://www.instagram.​com/shutterpat/ (external link)

cloose
691 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Dec 08, 2010 17:17 |  #22

I don't see why this would annoy anyone.

It is not false or misleading advertising. The commercial states it was shot with a T1i (or T2i or whatever) and if it was, then they are telling the truth.

If the commercial stated in some way that you can shoot this straight out of the box, without external mics, lighting, better lenses, etc, then fine, but they do not say that.

Really, these commercials are a lot more honest than some.

http://craigloose.com (external link)

greenjeans
Goldmember
2,336 posts
Gallery: 272 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 08, 2010 20:30 as a reply to  @ cloose's post |  #23

How many of the shots on POTN are straight from the camera that the average guy will do. Go over to the Glamor forum and how many of those are done with no extra lighting, no PP, etc. I don't see the difference.

Gripped 6D, gripped 6D2, gripped 70D, 80D and a bag full of lenses.

robrobin
195 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 08, 2010 21:52 as a reply to  @ greenjeans's post |  #24

Advertisers sometimes push their products to the extreme. It's done all the time in golf with the longer distance balls or 300 yard+ drivers. Now that I own a 5dii will I be getting a call from the networks to shoot the next episode of House? Oh, my phone is ringing, I'll be back! It must be from the network..........

David ­ C
98 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Dec 08, 2010 22:12 |  #25

So the commercial pushes the limit of credulousness? Of course we would never dream of spending 30 minutes to a few hours working over a shot with Photo Shop to bring it to perfection before showing it to someone as a photo we "took" with our expensive camera ????
Let us keep it honest if we ever expect others to do so.

Gregg.Siam
Goldmember
2,383 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Dec 08, 2010 23:04 as a reply to  @ David C's post |  #26

Anthony Bourdane's "No Reservations" is shot on Canon 7D.

There might be a few shots, but for the most part it is not shot with a 7D. The footage clearly shows professional video cameras for every cameraman I have ever seen.

Do you remember the show where the clumsy cameraman backed into a wall of plates and food, knocking it all down? I think that was Indonesia, but I'm not sure. They all have pro video cameras when they showed the footage of the other camera guys.

If you can show different, I would love to stand corrected. :)

5D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4 L| 50mm f/1.8 | 600EX-RT [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=bl​ue][FONT="]|
∞ 500px (external link)
flickr (external link)

RWatkins
Goldmember
1,229 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 08, 2010 23:10 |  #27

hb96tuner wrote in post #11414699 (external link)
I had a co-worker ask tell me earlier today that he was going to be buying a new T1I because of the high def video and he had seen a couple of commercials on TV that "were shot entirely with the T1I"

A T1i? Really? Are you sure he said the T1i? The body has a very limited video capability, relative to the more current T2i.

Stuff and things
President – International Brotherhood of Instagram Haters

Ren ­ Tachino
74 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 09, 2010 00:37 |  #28

the same can be said for any camera, even a dedicated video camcorder. you could own a RED and still be unable to create a piece of decent looking cinema. does that mean films that claim they are "shot with a RED One" are falsely advertising because someone who bought a RED camera can't create a blockbuster just because they have the equipment? the commercial never claimed "if you buy this camera you'll automatically be able to create mind blowing videos instantly"

themadman
Cream of the Crop
18,871 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 09, 2010 01:46 |  #29

lostpacket wrote in post #11420401 (external link)
There might be a few shots, but for the most part it is not shot with a 7D. The footage clearly shows professional video cameras for every cameraman I have ever seen.

Do you remember the show where the clumsy cameraman backed into a wall of plates and food, knocking it all down? I think that was Indonesia, but I'm not sure. They all have pro video cameras when they showed the footage of the other camera guys.

If you can show different, I would love to stand corrected. :)

Not all episodes, some..?

http://blog.travelchan​nel.com …gracias/?fbid=D​iwVNPJ9KLj (external link)

This is the Nissan commercial for those who care http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=aSUpbovpiJg (external link)

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​com (external link) | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

chomish
Goldmember
1,917 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 09, 2010 02:00 |  #30

I don't think there is anything wrong with the claim. It was after all shot with a T1I. So they aren't false advertising. Its up to your friend to know as you know that other things came into play here. Professional, other equipment, editing software, lenses. etc. But the camera used was the T1I.

:) 5D-2 Mark ii :) 16-35 2.8L | 24-70 2.8L | 85 1.2 IIL | 70-200 f4 ISL | 70-200 2.8 IS IIL | 24-70 2.8L |MP-E 65 | 580EX, 430EX, MT24-EX | :p :p :p

sponsored links

5,085 views & 0 likes for this thread
Shot entirely with the Canon T1I
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.