Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 09 Jul 2010 (Friday) 09:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2010 POTN Fantasy Football League

DDCSD
GIVIN' GOOD KARMA
13,313 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 12, 2010 11:01 |  #1081

http://www.nfl.com …game?module=bre​aking_news (external link)

They're trying to figure out where to have the game. Sounds like it might be Detroit or U of MN's outdoor stadium... In sub-zero (F) temps. Maybe this will get people to realize how ridiculous of an idea it is to push for an outdoor stadium for the Vikings. When we went to the Eagles-Vikings playoff game a couple of years ago it was -1(F) when we walked to the stadium. That's just too freaking cold to watch a football game.

Derek
Bucketman Karma Fund
https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=9903477#p​ost9903477
POTN FF L2 MadTown Birds

Full Gear List & Feedback

sponsored links
breal101
Goldmember
2,724 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 12, 2010 11:16 |  #1082

DDCSD wrote in post #11438563 (external link)

They're trying to figure out where to have the game. Sounds like it might be Detroit or U of MN's outdoor stadium... In sub-zero (F) temps. Maybe this will get people to realize how ridiculous of an idea it is to push for an outdoor stadium for the Vikings. When we went to the Eagles-Vikings playoff game a couple of years ago it was -1(F) when we walked to the stadium. That's just too freaking cold to watch a football game.

It looks like the University stadium is out, too much time needed to clear the field apparently. What happens to our FF playoffs if they don't get the game in this week? Not that I need to worry I'm pretty much out of the chase. :lol:

"Try to go out empty and let your images fill you up." Jay Maisel

DDCSD
GIVIN' GOOD KARMA
13,313 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 12, 2010 11:18 |  #1083

Looks like they're going to play tomorrow night in Detroit.

I wonder how they handle refunds and such. That would suck to have gone to go to the game and have something like this happen.

I also wonder what the Vegas odds are on whether attendance for the game will be higher or lower than the average attendance for Lion's games? :)

Derek
Bucketman Karma Fund
https://photography-on-the.net …php?p=9903477#p​ost9903477
POTN FF L2 MadTown Birds

Full Gear List & Feedback

In2Photos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
19,808 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 12, 2010 11:58 as a reply to  @ DDCSD's post |  #1084

Just saw the video from the collapse. WOW!!!

Game is in Detroit and the Giants are one their way so the game should be fine for this week.

According to FOX anyone with a ticket will get preferred seating to the game. Anybody else that shows up gets in free! :shock: Can't believe the NFL is giving something for free!!!

Mike, The Keeper of the Archive

Current Gear and Feedback| My Pbase Galleryexternal link | mdsportsphoto.comexternal linkhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=835433

breal101
Goldmember
2,724 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 12, 2010 12:29 |  #1085

Too cold for the players too, I can't imagine taking an NFL hit in sub 0 conditions. It has to hurt really bad.

"Try to go out empty and let your images fill you up." Jay Maisel

CountryBoy
"Tired of Goldmember label"
5,168 posts
Joined May 2006

Dec 12, 2010 12:45 |  #1086

Not if you watch it on TV :lol: !

breal101 wrote in post #11438986 (external link)
Too cold for the players too, I can't imagine taking an NFL hit in sub 0 conditions. It has to hurt really bad.

The Vikings played outdoors untill the late 70's or early 80's . It gave new meaning to " home field advantage " .

I can't hardly wait for the 2014 Super Bowl in New York . That should be fun !

Hi

CountryBoy
5,168 posts
Joined May 2006

Dec 12, 2010 15:16 |  #1087

The Raiders blew this one !!! But I give them credit for fighting to the end .They're not quitting like they have in years past . Maybe , we have found our coach .

Hi

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Dec 12, 2010 15:22 |  #1088

BenRo is a stud. I'm not his biggest fan, but after today, he earned his Steeler's BadAss award for me.

Aaron Rodgers is just the opposite... it's like he knew he was going to lose the game, so he faked a concussion. What a pussy.

;-)a

CountryBoy
5,168 posts
Joined May 2006

Dec 12, 2010 16:13 |  #1089

Todd Lambert wrote in post #11439744 (external link)
BenRo is a stud. I'm not his biggest fan, but after today, he earned his Steeler's BadAss award for me.

Aaron Rodgers is just the opposite... it's like he knew he was going to lose the game, so he faked a concussion. What a pussy.

;-)a

LOL , you really think he faked a concussion ?

Next to the Raiders , I've been a Steelers fan 2nd . Bens tough and a heck of a player , but he does make it hard for me to root him .

God , I hate rooting for the Chargers :mad: ! But I really need KC to lose :lol: .

Hi

In2Photos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
19,808 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 13, 2010 08:45 |  #1090

So I didn't start Gates last week and he has a good game (luckily I still won). He had the same status this week so I started him, goes Inactive right before the game. :mad: Good thing my backup had a bad game and the points probably won't matter, but damn that sucks!

Gonna come down to the wire tonight for me in L1. Looks like I need a win to get into the playoffs since the other 8-5 teams appear to be on their way to a win. Gonna have to fend off Sidney Rice, Manningham, and Tynes tonight. Need less than about 41.50 points to get the W. Kitna has a decent game but of course he throws the two TDs to Witten, whom is on the team I am against so basically all of Kitna's points get washed by Witten's. :rolleyes:

Current Gear and Feedback| My Pbase Galleryexternal link | mdsportsphoto.comexternal linkhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=835433

mdm
Goldmember
1,783 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 13, 2010 12:48 |  #1091

I think you have it in L1 Mike. I should tie you and you should get it by points. The others will get their divisions. One other I'd tie with for wild card and they would take that by points. Oh well.

In2Photos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
19,808 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 13, 2010 13:07 |  #1092

mdm wrote in post #11444791 (external link)
I think you have it in L1 Mike. I should tie you and you should get it by points. The others will get their divisions. One other I'd tie with for wild card and they would take that by points. Oh well.

If I end up losing I will likely have the most points scored for the year and miss the playoffs. That will SUCK!!! :oops:

mdm
Goldmember
1,783 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 13, 2010 13:36 |  #1093

I just gotta be first in saying " Please sign me up for next year":lol::lol::lol:

In2Photos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
19,808 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Dec 13, 2010 14:10 |  #1094

mdm wrote in post #11445067 (external link)
I just gotta be first in saying " Please sign me up for next year":lol::lol::lol:

Will do!

BTW, our game last week was almost like a playoff game. Whoever won it was likely to get in. If the standings stay as is you miss the playoffs by just over a point (from our game). If I miss the playoffs it will be by whatever I lose by after tonight's games. So we got two weeks of playoffs over the rest of the league. ;)

canonnoob
Cream of the Crop
8,487 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Dec 13, 2010 14:13 |  #1095

it was a bit too close for comfort last night, but I am glad that my team pulled out. still have two players to play tonight, so hopefully i can grab the number 1 spot overall.

David W.

sponsored links

65,807 views & 0 likes for this thread
2010 POTN Fantasy Football League
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.