Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 12 Dec 2010 (Sunday) 08:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sport event shot in the evening.

Grimage
THREAD ­ STARTER
271 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2009

Dec 15, 2010 05:46 |  #16

corkneyfonz wrote in post #11450577 (external link)
This latest series is quite outstanding with the Patrice Evra, Alex Song and Andrei Arshavin ones being my favourites.

Thanks a lot mate! Also a football fan yourself? :)

Kriszta

sponsored links
corkneyfonz
Goldmember
2,477 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 15, 2010 13:24 |  #17

Grimage wrote in post #11455547 (external link)
Thanks a lot mate! Also a football fan yourself? :)

More of an armchair fan these days.

My Flickr (external link)

jetcode
Cream of the Crop
6,239 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 15, 2010 14:09 |  #18

You mean soccer right? :) :) :)!

I want to comment on the original 2 posts. The first one has balance issues. Note that the frame is left heavy in terms of subject. The centered player becomes the dividing line between a busy left side and no activity on the right side. The story or moment isn't obvious either. What are you wishing to show us with this image?

The second image is nicely balanced with an obvious story. The end of a play or beginning of new play. A decisive moment occurred and the players are reorganizing themselves for the next play. Obviously the last play was contentious in reading the body language of the players. The context of the game is evident with the field and filled grandstands. This is a professional game. A lot is at stake.

All that from the second image. I think that's what it takes to make a image communicate in sports. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Grimage
THREAD ­ STARTER
271 posts
Joined May 2009

Dec 15, 2010 14:55 |  #19

jetcode wrote in post #11457960 (external link)
You mean soccer right? :) :) :)!

I want to comment on the original 2 posts. The first one has balance issues. Note that the frame is left heavy in terms of subject. The centered player becomes the dividing line between a busy left side and no activity on the right side. The story or moment isn't obvious either. What are you wishing to show us with this image?

The second image is nicely balanced with an obvious story. The end of a play or beginning of new play. A decisive moment occurred and the players are reorganizing themselves for the next play. Obviously the last play was contentious in reading the body language of the players. The context of the game is evident with the field and filled grandstands. This is a professional game. A lot is at stake.

All that from the second image. I think that's what it takes to make a image communicate in sports. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Haha!!! I meant football, Bloody hell:P :P :P

First of all, I am very humbled by your comments, thanks a bunch that you took your time. :)

I pretty much agree with you on the first one... I missed something about it and it is probably what you implied to... balance. What I liked with the picture was that it kind of showed the struggle that the players go through in order to reach their goal.. let it be enough speed or technique... I managed to grab this I feel with another picture of mine I took on the next match... (Not going to post it here, because it is already confusing with this many pictures in this post.) Anyhow I totally agree with you and thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot for the comment on the second one. There are times during the game when you can collect some ideas what you would like to compose and have enough time to make adjustments... this was one of them... It was right before a corner-kick when the guys were gathering to find their spots and turn the game around with a goal .. and the other team had to organize themselves in order to prevent their tactic ... While trying to catch their breaths from their latest run, the defenders are organizing the team to form a great defense around the goal. These moments can be very nerve-wrecking :D Thanks a lot again for your great comment! I am very new to this kind of genre... and I have to say I enjoyed taking these shots sooo much! It is so amazing what you go through, how little time you actually have to think ahead to frame the moves perfectly... Certainly amazing and highly demanding for a job!
:cool:

Kriszta

jetcode
Cream of the Crop
6,239 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 15, 2010 21:17 |  #20

The second series is quite nice. The images tell a great story.

Mark ­ Brim
285 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Dec 16, 2010 04:14 |  #21

UNI! TED! United r the team for me! with a nick nak paddywack! give the dog a bone! why dont city....ahem

5D, 7D, 30D. Sigma 30,50 1.4, Canon 70-200 f4, Sigma 10-20
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/markbrim/ (external link)
Blog: http://http …brimacombe.word​press.com/ (external link)

Grimage
THREAD ­ STARTER
271 posts
Joined May 2009

Dec 16, 2010 04:27 |  #22

jetcode wrote in post #11460175 (external link)
The second series is quite nice. The images tell a great story.

Thank you :D I used all the ideas I got here and this is what it turned out to be. Thanks again:)

Kriszta

Grimage
THREAD ­ STARTER
271 posts
Joined May 2009

Dec 16, 2010 04:29 |  #23

Mark Brim wrote in post #11461693 (external link)
UNI! TED! United r the team for me! with a nick nak paddywack! give the dog a bone! why dont city....ahem

Haha!!! :D

Kriszta

sponsored links

3,000 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sport event shot in the evening.
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.