Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 29 Dec 2010 (Wednesday) 22:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

50D, 60D, 7D, T2, etc etc etc

this thread is locked
artyman
Sleepless in Hampshire
14,402 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Dec 30, 2010 02:50 |  #16

Hate is such a negative emotion ;) I fail to understand this wars between models, if you don't like a camera don't buy it, simples, no need to wage war on those who do like it's features, just calm down and go shoot some stuff.

Art that takes you there. http://www.artyman.co.​uk (external link)
Ken
Canon 7D, 350D, 15-85, 18-55, 75-300, Cosina 100 Macro, Sigma 120-300

sponsored links
dtli919
129 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 30, 2010 03:17 |  #17

artyman wrote in post #11539667 (external link)
Hate is such a negative emotion ;) I fail to understand this wars between models, if you don't like a camera don't buy it, simples, no need to wage war on those who do like it's features, just calm down and go shoot some stuff.

Couldn't agree with you more. :)

Canon 5DMKII || 50mm f/1.2L || 24-70mm f/2.8L || 70-200mm f/2.8L IS V.II || 100mm 2.8L Macro || 430EX II
flickr (external link)

mrrikki
909 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 30, 2010 11:35 |  #18

Bang Bang Boy wrote in post #11539497 (external link)
The proper thing to do would have been a magnesium body. But no, now instead I am gonna have to get myself a 5d Mk II. I suppose I should thank the 60d for that... Really just because of the fact that I can't stand the 7d being a 1.6 crop. If I am gonna waste alot of money it's gonna be on fullframe.

So thank you 60d for making me buy above your line...

The 60D body feels great and I prefer it, will not look as crappy when scratched compared to an aluminium body camera. It is still strong and has a machined aluminum chassis.

GEAR: Canon 7D Mark II, 7D & 6D Lenses: Canon 300 f2.8 L IS, 70-200 f2.8 L, 24-105 L, Canon 50mm f1.8 & Sigma 1.4x Converter.
Website www.rmtphotos.co.uk (external link)

ELItheICEman
360 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 30, 2010 11:56 |  #19

So you're trying to tell us that those who dislike the 60D are what, wrong? Are they stupid? Are they better or worse photographers? Bad people?

I wouldn't care if everyone in the world hated on the gear I like. Not gonna stop me from using it. Maybe instead of **** about it you should make better use of your time and go shoot.

Gear
Flickr (external link)

10megapixel
"I'm a little slow"
3,872 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 30, 2010 20:24 |  #20

MikeLord wrote in post #11538934 (external link)
I'm pretty sure 95% of the people that debate this stupid thing dont even know how to shoot manual on the camera and flash and barely have any skills enough for it to make a difference. Theory is great but its very annoying how there are so many experts on this subject. Whats most annoying is how people rip on the 60D because canon released a sub $1000 camera that has many pro features but its not a 7D or better. I wish all the 60D haters would just die already. If canon wanted to make the 60D better then the 7D or 50D they would have. What is so wrong about making a camera between the T2 and 7D?

I figured I'd share the hate with all the 60D haters. BTW I don't own any of the camera's mentioned above but the hating needs to stop and people need to just worry about their own camera. If you hate the 60D that is all you need to say and go back to humping your whatever D you have.

You need to relax...that was a really idiotic thing to say :rolleyes:

People come here to share info as well as express their opinions on photo gear, you may not always like or agree with what they say but wishing them dead for disagreeing with you is quite absurd... and yes, I realize your just exaggerating to push your point but it really makes you seem childish.

Gear List & Feedback

kendon
839 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 30, 2010 20:25 |  #21

someone close this already...

7D, EF-S 10-22, EF-S 17-55, EF 70-200/4 IS, NiftyFifty, 580EXII, Σ 30 EX DC, Walimex 8mm Fisheye, MD Rokkor 50/1.4, BendyCam (external link), Gallery (external link)

HiramRanger
275 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 30, 2010 20:28 |  #22

I'm pretty sure 95% of the people that debate this stupid thing dont even know how to shoot manual on the camera and flash and barely have any skills enough for it to make a difference. Theory is great but its very annoying how there are so many experts on this subject. Whats most annoying is how people rip on the 60D because canon released a sub $1000 camera that has many pro features but its not a 7D or better. I wish all the 60D haters would just die already. If canon wanted to make the 60D better then the 7D or 50D they would have. What is so wrong about making a camera between the T2 and 7D?

I figured I'd share the hate with all the 60D haters. BTW I don't own any of the camera's mentioned above but the hating needs to stop and people need to just worry about their own camera. If you hate the 60D that is all you need to say and go back to humping your whatever D you have.

Do you need a hug?

Canon 50D, 40D, T2i. Canon 24-105L and Nifty Fifty f/1.8 MKi, Tamron 10-24, 28-75, 18-250 and 70-300VC. Panasonic GF1 with 14-42 OIS. Sony DSC-T700 P&S. JVC Everio 3CCD Full HD 1920x1080 hard drive camcorder.
I am the HiramRanger, there are no more like me... count yourselves lucky!

enrigonz
Goldmember
1,637 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 30, 2010 20:41 |  #23

The funny thing about all these post is how people fall in love with a "tool", like a painter falling in love with a brush or a carpenter falling in love with a hammer or nail gun.

The thing about tools is that eventually they get old or stop doing what you want them to do, maybe they're less efficient than when you first started using them etc.

The cool thing is "making" photographs, it really doesn't matter what you make it with just go out and shoot. Sometimes the most rewarding photos are those taken by cheap gear or camera phones just because they were challenging. Many of my favorite photographs were taken back in the 3mp point and shoot days, I even went to Alaska back in 2005 and took some amazing photographs with that same 3mp Nikon Coolpix 3100.

I wish I could understand some of these silly debates but I choose to ignore them and go on doing what I enjoy doing. The day I get tired of my camera body I will save and buy what I need for my next job but until that day comes..... who really cares? What do people remember Mozart for? the kind of piano he played his music with or his music? How about Ansel Adams? Do you know what camera he shot with? Do you care? Is it more important than his work, his vision for art?

What camera you're using is of very little interest to serious photographers or the people that look at your work and have a hard time closing their mouths afterward, I've met many different photographers along the way and the last thing they ask is what camera body I'm using, they're more interested in making photographs than discussing what gear you use to get the great results they see me get.

I think like most people here do...... glass is WAY more important than whatever camera body you buy at the moment, enjoy shooting whatever it is you shoot and whatever you shoot it with, don't be hating, nobody really cares, is a bunch of wasted energy you'll never get back.;)

Canon Stuff :) |Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

Shellback
119 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 30, 2010 21:55 |  #24

. I wish all the 60D haters would just die already.

As one who participated in the funeral yesterday of a young Marine who gave his life in combat, saving the lives of several fellow Marines in the process, I am extremely offended by your wish.

You must be either extremely immature or a very sick individual to wish death upon individuals over a disagreement about a camera.

Somewhere between Woebegone and Faraway.

MikeLord
THREAD ­ STARTER
84 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Dec 31, 2010 00:42 |  #25

Its amazing how many of you are reiterating my point. who cares what you shoot with! like i said. most people that debate the 60D is a POS probably can't take a picture if their life depended on it. hence, they should STFU and keepy worrying about their megapixels and micro adjust

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 31, 2010 00:45 as a reply to  @ MikeLord's post |  #26

Your Village Called .. They miss you...

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Sorarse
Goldmember
2,193 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 31, 2010 05:01 |  #27

Why all the angst? If someone doesn't like a particular camera, that's their perogative, though I can't understand why they would need to advertise their dislike to the world by posting on forums such as this.

I'm not a fan of the 7D, but I don't bang on about it on the internet, as it makes no difference to anyone, myself included. Instead, I voted with my wallet and purchased a different body.

To the OP I would say enjoy your camera, whatever it may be, and don't worry what other people are saying about the 60D, or any other camera come to that.

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! Terry Pratchett

http://www.scarecrowim​ages.com (external link)
Canon PowerShot G2

ckckevin
Goldmember
1,439 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Dec 31, 2010 05:49 |  #28

Why would someone else's feeling hurt you to a point that you'd hate them. It's their opinion. I know posting this is also your opinion as well and i respect that, But you hold such a strong opinion with your word ("die"???) and i don't think that would be appreciated.

Kevin life= learning
500D, Canon 10-22mm, Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 60 macro, Canon 85mm 1.8, Sigma 8mm 3.5, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 50-150mm 2.8, Kenko SP300 1.4x, efs extension tubes, 580EX, and lens that i don't like

preveen
180 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Dec 31, 2010 06:13 |  #29

Bang Bang Boy wrote in post #11539497 (external link)
The proper thing to do would have been a magnesium body. But no, now instead I am gonna have to get myself a 5d Mk II. I suppose I should thank the 60d for that... Really just because of the fact that I can't stand the 7d being a 1.6 crop. If I am gonna waste alot of money it's gonna be on fullframe.

So thank you 60d for making me buy above your line...

A man with a lot of sense. Doesn't like the 1.6 crop so won't get a 7D, but for some reason its the 60D (a 1.6 crop) body made of silly putty that is making him go for a 5DII.
Or, you know, could just wait for Canon to come out with a sub $1000 full frame. :rolleyes:

tommykjensen
Cream of the Crop
20,886 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Mar 2004

Dec 31, 2010 06:17 |  #30

What a waste of time and bandwidth.......

EDITING OF MY PHOTOS IS NOT ALLOWED

sponsored links

4,874 views & 0 likes for this thread
50D, 60D, 7D, T2, etc etc etc
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.