Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 28 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 13:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

jag35

mystic97z
226 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 28, 2010 13:20 |  #1

i've been looking at a follow focus system, the dfocus jag35, seems to be the best price, however i'm having a hell of a time getting one, what's the procedure to get one? do they work good? also, i'm a newbie and i can't get a final parts list together for this thing, i was going to rely on them for that but i haven't found a way to get a hold of them.
i have a gripped 7d, and a flycam 3000

sponsored links
Chippy569
Goldmember
1,851 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 28, 2010 15:41 |  #2

http://jag35.com/new/p​roducts/dfocus/ (external link)

appears it's not shipping til July.

Gear List
David Nichols (external link) - Sound Designer
How to export to Youtube HD from Quicktime

Heath
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 28, 2010 16:35 |  #3

The demand is greater than the supply.

If you follow the twitter feed, it is the best place to get info on shipping.

Heath
"Some photographers push the envelope. Some sit behind a keyboard and criticize their accomplishments." (seen in the comments of a photo article)
Blog (external link)-Twitter (external link)-Zenfolio (external link)-500px (external link)-Pinterest (external link)-Gear List

mystic97z
THREAD ­ STARTER
226 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 28, 2010 20:03 |  #4

Chippy569 wrote in post #11529974 (external link)
http://jag35.com/new/p​roducts/dfocus/ (external link)

appears it's not shipping til July.

i saw that too but that post was in june of 2010.

i swear this is getting frustrating. i know part of the problem is me, not knowing alot. i'm brand new to this and just trying to get gear to start practicing. i've tried to email several time as well as left comments on their site w/o any kind of helpful response. maybe someone in here can help. i got a link to the site where i click on what i need, the problem is i don't know what i need. there's all kind of brackets, rings, rods, plates etc. thats' what i'm trying to find out from them but just cant.

i have a 7d with a battery grip. i'm assuming the "stock" jag35 wont work because the gear you turn will be lower because of the battery grip. so i saw something about a gorilla place, or rods or something, that's where i'm lost. also, when it's all said and done, i still need to have a 1/4 / 20 screw hole to attach my flycam to the camera via the 1/4 20 screw on the flycam, or something i read about also getting a quick release device.

Firotechnics
189 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 29, 2010 05:09 |  #5

I've been on the waiting list probably 6 months or more I fear I'm going to die of old age before they actually have any in stock, they only make about 10 or so every week or 2

Canon 30D & 5D Mark II, 17-40 F4L, 24-70 F2.8L, 50 F1.4, 100mm f2.8, 70-200 F2.8 IS, lensbaby, 580ex, 430ex, Radio Poppers, Bowens explorer 1500, and photoflex strobes

mystic97z
THREAD ­ STARTER
226 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 29, 2010 05:42 |  #6

Firotechnics wrote in post #11533564 (external link)
I've been on the waiting list probably 6 months or more I fear I'm going to die of old age before they actually have any in stock, they only make about 10 or so every week or 2

oh screw that!!

anyone know of any other systems that come close to that price?
-Jason

Heath
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 29, 2010 08:02 |  #7

mystic97z wrote in post #11533645 (external link)
oh screw that!!

anyone know of any other systems that come close to that price?
-Jason

The ikan and the IDC.
http://www.ikancorp.co​m/productInfo.php?id=2​32 (external link)
http://www.idcphotovid​eo.com/ (external link)

Here is a list of most of the available units
http://www.cinema5d.co​m/news/?p=5203 (external link)

But did you check with Jag35? They just got in an order of (20) and I thought they said that would cover all the existing orders.

Heath
"Some photographers push the envelope. Some sit behind a keyboard and criticize their accomplishments." (seen in the comments of a photo article)
Blog (external link)-Twitter (external link)-Zenfolio (external link)-500px (external link)-Pinterest (external link)-Gear List

mystic97z
THREAD ­ STARTER
226 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 29, 2010 17:33 as a reply to  @ Heath's post |  #8

ok, i've been going back and forth through email, i told the guy i don't know what to order, here's what i have:
7d, battery grip, flycam steadicam

he tells me i need to get the field runner, which is a shoulder rig, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of my steadicam??? i swear, the product seems good from the research i've done, but the customer service is terrible, they are making it so hard for me to give them my business. i admit, i'm prob a tough customer becaus i don't have knowledge but come on!!!!!!!
so frustrating!

Heath
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 29, 2010 18:41 |  #9

Besides the Follow Focus EFF, what does Jag35 sell that you would mount to your flycam? You would not add the D/Focus follow focus to a steadicam. There would not be any way to pull focus on a steadcam with the D/Focus

I have thought of adding the Jag 35 DSLR cage onto my glidecam, but I am concerned that it would raise the camera up too far.

What do you need? What are you trying to shoot? Steadicam has it's uses, shoulder rigs have their uses, tripod mounts with fluid heads have their uses.

It sounds like you are not clear as to what you need and they are doing the best to help you.

Heath

mystic97z
THREAD ­ STARTER
226 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 29, 2010 18:50 as a reply to  @ Heath's post |  #10

ya you are correct, i don't really know exactly what to do as i'm just starting to learn and practice. i mainly want to shoot weedings. but will shoot other things for fun as well, i will use the jag35, i know i can't use it while filming on the flycam, but inbetween shots, and stuff i will need to focus, thats why i want it.

Heath
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 29, 2010 19:00 |  #11

When flying, you will be using a wide angle lens, so you will not need to focus very often, especially for wedding shooting.

For weddings, you should probably get a shoulder rig, and use the flycam for "special" shots. If you are going to use the flycam for an entire wedding, I am assuming you already have an arm and vest.

What sort of gear do you have now? If you do not know what you need, why don't you push your current gear as far as possible, and then when you know what you need, start buying additional gear.

Heath

mystic97z
THREAD ­ STARTER
226 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 29, 2010 23:04 as a reply to  @ Heath's post |  #12

weddings are what i eventually want to do, right now i shoot nothing, so i just want to get stuff so i can shoot things for a hobby, and get the skills i need.
thanks for the help though, im trying to learn as much as possible. why would you do less focussing with a wide angle lense?

Heath
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 30, 2010 01:38 |  #13

Hyperfocal distance

Heath

TOSU89
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 30, 2010 10:11 as a reply to  @ Heath's post |  #14

Just an FYI express35.com has the dfocus as well. I purchased mine from them and it was sent out the next day. Dude is really easy to work with responds quickly as well. I don't think people realize he has them yet though. I believe with the ring he is $30 more but they you are not waiting forever. I purchased the fieldrunner kit from Jag on Dec 15th and am still waiting for it to ship. They are not communicative at all and do not update you on product status. This will be my last purchase from them. my 2cents.

Michael Brock
www.brockimaging.com (external link)

tjames
261 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Dec 30, 2010 12:21 |  #15

mystic97z wrote in post #11537169 (external link)
i swear, the product seems good from the research i've done, but the customer service is terrible, they are making it so hard for me to give them my business. i admit, i'm prob a tough customer becaus i don't have knowledge but come on!!!!!!!
so frustrating!

So you're getting mad at Jag for not telling you what you should buy? Even though you have no idea what you're going to be using it for and why you need it in the first place? I would suggest doing a little research on what each rig's uses are and then buy what you need, not the other way around, you're going to save yourself a hell of alot of money that way...

Gear List: Kodak Funsaver MAX Cameras, Epson Scanner, MS Paint & some Crayons

sponsored links

3,457 views & 0 likes for this thread
jag35
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.