Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 28 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 12:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lee Big Stopper Waiting List

kaitlyn2004
Goldmember
1,669 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 29, 2010 17:25 |  #16

HelenOster wrote in post #11535368 (external link)
As we don't charge your cc until we ship, in your position I'd keep the order open.
If you find it elsewhere before we get one out to you then drop me an email:HelenO@adorama.c​om, and I'll cancel it for you.

Or take 2 and sell the spare!

Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year

Hey Helen.. looks like you have PMs turned off... but I was hoping I could ask you more generally if you have any plans to address Canadian shipping? Currently it is quite expensive to buy from you while B&H has recently revised/improved their shipping to Canada

My Landscape Photography Videos (external link)
My Instagram (external link)

sponsored links
Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 29, 2010 18:05 |  #17

Helen's preference is that you email her. She's got the same 100-slot mailbox everyone else does, and email reaches her faster.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

ender78
466 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 30, 2010 00:03 as a reply to  @ Jon's post |  #18

I just got an email today that my Big Stopper is in at 2filter.com , ordered in Nov.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 30, 2010 01:07 |  #19

kaitlyn2004 wrote in post #11537128 (external link)
Hey Helen.. looks like you have PMs turned off... but I was hoping I could ask you more generally if you have any plans to address Canadian shipping? Currently it is quite expensive to buy from you while B&H has recently revised/improved their shipping to Canada

Hi

Yes, it is being looked at - in the meantime, we will always price match to other reputable retailers :wink:

Jon wrote in post #11537315 (external link)
Helen's preference is that you email her. She's got the same 100-slot mailbox everyone else does, and email reaches her faster.

I do!

Ross_Curtis
184 posts
Joined May 2006

Dec 30, 2010 12:44 |  #20

Looks like its out of stock everywhere in the UK.

Made the decision to try the B+W, Fotosense have a great deal on them at the moment if anyone is interested (remember to use Quidco, too)

6D | 24L II | 50MP | 85L II | 200L II | 16-35L F4 IS | Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 | Markings Q10 |

kaitlyn2004
Goldmember
1,669 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 30, 2010 13:04 |  #21

Ross_Curtis wrote in post #11541966 (external link)
Looks like its out of stock everywhere in the UK.

Made the decision to try the B+W, Fotosense have a great deal on them at the moment if anyone is interested (remember to use Quidco, too)

Mhmm they don't even ship to Canada. Looks like I'm going with B&H!

whiskey
36 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Dec 30, 2010 14:46 |  #22

kaitlyn2004 wrote in post #11542103 (external link)
Mhmm they don't even ship to Canada. Looks like I'm going with B&H!

I ordered from 2filter on Nov. 16th and just got noticed that it has been shipped to me. They seem to be pretty quick, but then again I wasn't in a hurry for it.

ender78
466 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 30, 2010 17:22 as a reply to  @ whiskey's post |  #23

Looks like I got onto the same batch as whiskey. The big stopper is just one of those items that you need to get on a backorder list for. You might get lucky but the pre-order is the only real shot.

MickeyCT
142 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 31, 2010 17:15 |  #24

I'm just getting into filters now. I already have the Lee holder.

Should the Big Stopper be on my list ahead of a couple of GND's or would I get more use out of the GND's first?

My husband and I have been traveling more in recent years and I was really wishing I had a GND on our trip to Pacific Northwest last fall which started me on this path. We have a trip to Alaska planned for June.

So........Big Stopper or GND's?

Switching to Olympus OM-D mirrorless system

kaitlyn2004
Goldmember
1,669 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 31, 2010 17:17 |  #25

MickeyCT wrote in post #11549100 (external link)
I'm just getting into filters now. I already have the Lee holder.

Should the Big Stopper be on my list ahead of a couple of GND's or would I get more use out of the GND's first?

My husband and I have been traveling more in recent years and I was really wishing I had a GND on our trip to Pacific Northwest last fall which started me on this path. We have a trip to Alaska planned for June.

So........Big Stopper or GND's?

They are really for two VERY different situations basically... I'm gonna pick up GND closer to spring and in the meantime have lots of fun with my B+W 10 stop when it arrives :)

ender78
466 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 31, 2010 18:33 as a reply to  @ kaitlyn2004's post |  #26

A 10 stop filter has very specific use[long exposure in bright light for example] . If I were to only buy one filter, I'd be buying a 0.9 GND. The 0.9 GND is very useful for getting what I consider a pleasing look to any bright horizon.

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 01, 2011 10:31 |  #27

I might buy a few Lee Big Stoppers and then sell my place in line for a profit to a future buyer who needs one quick. ;)

kforde
THREAD ­ STARTER
220 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 02, 2011 09:41 |  #28

Planning ahead like that is good Savas!

I agree with ender, if you are just coming to grips with filters a 10 stop is probably a very big first step. They produce very specific styles of images and complicate the shooting process considerably (cannot frame through viewfinder - sometimes through liveview, but since I don't have it I wouldn't know). I would say CPL + .9 + .6 GND, with the possiblity of adding a full ND if you decide you are looking for that effect. Although if you somehow get on a list shorter than mine and get your hands on one of the Big Stoppers I will gladly take it off your hands!

Cheers,

Kf
"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" - Ansel Adams

MickeyCT
142 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jan 02, 2011 13:44 |  #29

I do realize that the Big Stopper and GND's have very different uses. I'm trying to decide which one I'd be most likely to use in Alaska in June. I'd like to have both, just in case, but my wish list is already pretty long.

thanks for the advice.

Switching to Olympus OM-D mirrorless system

viktorsundberg
218 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jan 03, 2011 02:01 |  #30

MickeyCT wrote in post #11558732 (external link)
I do realize that the Big Stopper and GND's have very different uses. I'm trying to decide which one I'd be most likely to use in Alaska in June. I'd like to have both, just in case, but my wish list is already pretty long.

thanks for the advice.

A normal ND and a GND is what you should get first imo. You can use them in almost every landscape shot you take.

5D mk III | TS-E 17 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 100 f/2.8L Macro IS | 300 f/2.8L IS | 600 f/4L IS II | 1.4x III | 2x III | Gitzo tripods | RRS ballheads | Wimberley gimbal
Photographer and author from Sweden. Teacher at Canon and organizer of independent workshops. Visit my website: www.viktorsundberg.se (external link)

sponsored links

5,801 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lee Big Stopper Waiting List
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.