Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 30 Dec 2010 (Thursday) 22:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

photography critique plase!

Kikkoman
82 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 30, 2010 22:30 |  #1

So i'm messing with my little santa toy and a homemade bokeh filter i made. I would like to ask what kind of tips I can get to make the picture more...desirable?

Anything tips would help, slaughter me ;)

Edit: I just realized I messed up in putting the pic. Can someone help me out real quick?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
glowangel
58 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 30, 2010 22:32 |  #2

Kikkoman wrote in post #11545031 (external link)
Edit: I just realized I messed up in putting the pic. Can someone help me out real quick?

Click the embed button and paste the link to the photo. Or click the attachment button and attach the file from your computer.

Kikkoman
THREAD ­ STARTER
82 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 30, 2010 22:39 |  #3

Just realized it came out a lot darker than i saw in lightroom but either way anything helps guys!

glowangel
58 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 30, 2010 22:43 |  #4

It looks pretty cool but Santa is distracting...he looks out of place for me. Not sure why.

Kikkoman
THREAD ­ STARTER
82 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 30, 2010 22:57 |  #5

I figured the santa would fit in since it is a xmas tree in the back haha. Anything i should change?

glowangel
58 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 30, 2010 23:08 |  #6

I'm not really the one that should be offering advice. I've only ever seen examples of the bokeh two or three times at MOST. I think it looks cool but I really am ignorant. I just know that Santa *SHOULD* belong there but he doesn't do it for me for some reason. I can just only comment on what attracts me to the photo as a person viewing a photo.

To be honest when I see this photo I imagine a little kid there (like right after opening presents) or an angel (with all the bright lights) I know you can't change santa - he's there!

But in my attempt to comment on the bokeh - theres a blue star on the right (not on the tree) and a faint one on the left as well that look out of place.

Hope I've helped in my ignorance.

rjc1
553 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 31, 2010 00:35 |  #7

I like your bokeh filter, very cool. Luv the effect. Santa is the main subject,I know the bokeh is the reason you did the pic, but Santa is the only thing in focus so he IS the subject. I think the picture would be so much better if All of Santa was included and a little more light on him( he's a little underexposed) would have made this a nice pic.

40D with 28-135 IS , Tamron 17-50 ,100-400 f4.5-5.6L, 100mm f2.8L macro IS, 430EX, 430EXll,MiniTT1/FlexTT​5 , Kata R-103,
Domke F2 shooters bag

vk2gwk
Cream of the Crop
12,686 posts
Gallery: 254 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 31, 2010 00:45 |  #8

The bokeh filter looks great. Nice stars and it works well. The white balance is a bit off, I think. Too blueish...judging by Santa's beard. Other than that: nice Christmas image.

My name is Henk. and I believe "It is all in the eye of the beholder....."
Image Editing is allowed. Please explain what you did!
5D MkIV 5DMkIII, 50D, 24-105/1:4L IS USM + 100-400/4-5.6L IS USM + 50mm 1.4 USM + Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8 VC + Sigma 150-600mm Sports + 580EXII + 430EX + YN568EXII, triggers, reflectors, umbrellas and some more bits and pieces...
Photos on: Flickr! (external link) and on my own web site. (external link)

dix
34 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 31, 2010 08:16 |  #9

Love the bokeh filter, though it seems as though the composition is off for me... id like to see a wider pic with more of santa with less overlap of santa and the tree. Just me though.

LettieVonDread
331 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 31, 2010 17:57 |  #10

Neat effect. Not a fan of the Santa though.

lecherro
808 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 01, 2011 01:38 |  #11

I think the stars could be a little more OOF.They look liek they are stuck on afterwards.

First step........ Take the lens cap off.

sponsored links

1,032 views & 0 likes for this thread
photography critique plase!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.