Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 07 Jan 2011 (Friday) 09:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

No AF-confirm beeping

palwin
137 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 07, 2011 09:05 |  #1

I just bought a Samyang 85 and a Nikon adapter with AF-confirm. But the AF-confirm don't seem to be working, no beeping. Is it possible that it's something wrong with my camera or is it the adapter?

Tobias
Flickr (external link) | Gear

sponsored links
sangjiny
760 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 07, 2011 09:16 |  #2

Does it beep with other lenses? If it does, then it's not the camera.
If it doesn't beep with other lenses, then it's likely that it's the camera.. you can also turn off the beep sound in the camera as well. Do you at least see the green AF-confirm light in the viewfinder?

Leica M9
Pentax 645D
Rolleiflex 2.8FX
Mamiya 7
Zeiss ZI Ikon

Mundty
Goldmember
1,125 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 07, 2011 09:25 |  #3

palwin wrote in post #11591488 (external link)
I just bought a Samyang 85 and a Nikon adapter with AF-confirm. But the AF-confirm don't seem to be working, no beeping. Is it possible that it's something wrong with my camera or is it the adapter?

I'd check and make sure you didn't turn it off. Is the light coming on to indicate which AF-Point is in focus?

www.mikemundt.com (external link)
EOS 5D Mark II | Canon 24-70 f/2.8L | Speedlite 430EX II | Manfrotto MT293A4 & 494 Tripod
Interests: Environmental Portraits | Urban/Travel | Wildlife | Landscape | Celestial | Experimental

palwin
THREAD ­ STARTER
137 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 07, 2011 15:11 |  #4

well, the chip just fell off from the adapter so I guess I bought some junk. There was no light coming on when I had the adapter on. I tested the beeping with my 135L and it was working so will have to look for a different adapter. Any suggestions?

Tobias

nikmar08
Goldmember
1,852 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Jan 07, 2011 16:42 |  #5

realmike15 wrote in post #11591624 (external link)
I'd check and make sure you didn't turn it off. Is the light coming on to indicate which AF-Point is in focus?

Well I have been meaning to ask a similar question for sometime now. Somehow haven't; so here I go.

In One Shot mode, my 7D beeps and the AF point lights up in red when focus is acquired. However, it does not do either when in AI Servo mode. The only thing it does is that when it is not able to acquire focus in AI Servo, a green LED keeps blinking near the bottom right of the view-finder.

Is this normal or have I messed up some setting or could there be an issue?

____O
__( \ \_
((_)/ ((_)
Nikhil | Gear List & Market Feedback | Flickr (external link)
Support POTN by donating here: https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp

adamo99
Goldmember
1,173 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 07, 2011 16:44 |  #6

^^ that's normal.

lannes
Goldmember
4,370 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 07, 2011 20:03 |  #7

nikmar08 wrote in post #11594347 (external link)
Is this normal or have I messed up some setting or could there be an issue?

I don't think you have read the manual ?

1Dx, 1DM4, 5DM2, 7D, EOS-M, 8-15L, 17-40L, 24 TSE II, 24-105L, 50L, 85L II, 100L, 135L, 200L f/2.8, 300L f/4, 70-200L II, 70-300L, 400Lf/5.6

warnabrother
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 08, 2011 06:44 |  #8

the first thing I do when I get a new body is turn off the beep.. annoys the hell out of me..

Step away from the red ring son...

palwin
THREAD ­ STARTER
137 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 08, 2011 07:53 |  #9

warnabrother wrote in post #11597451 (external link)
the first thing I do when I get a new body is turn off the beep.. annoys the hell out of me..

Same here, really annoying. The shutter sound is loud as it is and can be quite distracting when photographing pets.

Tobias

nikmar08
Goldmember
1,852 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Jan 08, 2011 16:15 |  #10

lannes wrote in post #11595410 (external link)
I don't think you have read the manual ?

And I think I HAVE and lesser mortals like me do miss things sometimes. :rolleyes:

I also think that if I were you and knew the answer, typing the answer would have caused me less pain and grief than typing what you did.

Thanks others for answering.

____O
__( \ \_
((_)/ ((_)
Nikhil | Gear List & Market Feedback | Flickr (external link)
Support POTN by donating here: https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp

sponsored links

2,220 views & 0 likes for this thread
No AF-confirm beeping
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.