Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 25 Dec 2010 (Saturday) 18:49
Search threadPrev/next

Begginer Considering doing Nudes

StudentPhotos
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 25, 2010 18:49 |  #1

Okay, so far I only snapped animals and clothes humans but lately I considered perhaps shooting a couple of nude photos for my portfolio. I am not sure how to go about this, first of all it might feel sort of awkward and then so far I never had to pay any of my models, most of whom are just bored Uni students who pose to do me a favour. I can't possibly imagine myself asking my friends if they'd pose nude, that would be so awkward. So could someone tell me a little about nude photography, how to get some shots for my portfolio etc..? Sorry my english is not so good

Erik_L
Goldmember
3,160 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 25, 2010 21:17 |  #2

Put up a site to show that you got mad skills that anyone can see and maybe use Craig's list or some other service to get "time for prints" type clients.

Canon EOS 1D III
Manfrotto 190X Pro B w/324RC2 "Action Head" | Canon 580EX II
Sigma 20 f/1.8 | Canon 35 f/1.4 L | Sigma 50 f/1.4 | Sigma 85 f/1.4 | Canon 135 f/2 L
Flick (external link)r

x0SiN0x
238 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Dec 25, 2010 21:33 |  #3

Not sure where your located but, Meetup.com may have some groups close to you?

x0SiN0x AKA Tony - SiN is a (video) game name, nothing more!
Still learning (yes, newb) like some of you here, so please take any recommendations/opinio​ns with that in mind.
-[SmugMug (external link) | Gear | Feedback]-

TauntDevil
Goldmember
1,273 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 26, 2010 04:33 |  #4

Say you work for a magazine... lol nah dont really. I would recommend first starting with non-nudes and posting them up on model sites. I posted mine up on Modelmayhem and models messaged me about shoots. Now i am able to do nudes as some models ask me to do. (Unfortunately they will want pictures but wont be in your state lol most of the time so expect it). Just slight tip. Show your skill and they will be more comfortable with it.

Canon 7D Mk2, Sony A7iii, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS mk1, Sigma 17-55mm f2.8, Tamron 28-75iii, a few flashes and many modifiers
SmugMug (external link)

StudentPhotos
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 26, 2010 05:23 as a reply to  @ TauntDevil's post |  #5

Thanks, I am in the UK, it is very difficult to find models even by looking on those sites!

TauntDevil
Goldmember
1,273 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 27, 2010 01:14 |  #6

StudentPhotos wrote in post #11515490 (external link)
Thanks, I am in the UK, it is very difficult to find models even by looking on those sites!

Ahhh i see. Well, my information still stands pretty good you would just have to find stuff closer to you instead :)
Goodluck.

Canon 7D Mk2, Sony A7iii, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS mk1, Sigma 17-55mm f2.8, Tamron 28-75iii, a few flashes and many modifiers
SmugMug (external link)

DisrupTer911
Goldmember
2,452 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 27, 2010 12:26 |  #7

ModelMayhem has hundreds of UK models.

Try onemodelplace.com

www.vividemotionphotograph​y.comexternal link

Woodworker
Goldmember
2,176 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Dec 30, 2010 13:43 |  #8

StudentPhotos wrote in post #11515490 (external link)

It isn't really, although it will help if you have a studio, are prepared to pay a reasonable rate, welcome chaperones and, if at all possible, are able to let prospective models see examples of your work.

In other words, let the models know you are a genuine photographer and not just a man with a camera wanting to see them without their clothes on.

There are lots of UK models advertising on this site: http://www.purestorm.c​om/ (external link)

David

David

EL_PIC
Goldmember
2,028 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 30, 2010 13:52 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

Ask girls to pose nude you meet in real life.

EL_PIC - RIT BS Photo '78 - Photomask Engineering Mgr
Canon DSLR - Nikon SLR - Phase One 60MP MFDSLR
http://www.Photo-Image-Creations.com (external link)
http://www.musecube.co​m/el_pic/ (external link)
http://www.facebook.co​m/PhotoImageCreations (external link)

savantcreative
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 06, 2011 15:27 |  #10

You could put up a post on Craigslist. Models are always looking to add to their portfolio.

commercial photographer New York (external link) | SEO consulting service (external link)

Woodworker
Goldmember
2,176 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 06, 2011 16:17 |  #11

savantcreative wrote in post #11586778 (external link)
You could put up a post on Craigslist. Models are always looking to add to their portfolio.

That wouldn't help him much as he's in the UK. I've given him a link in a previous post to a site where he can search for models and it's to be hoped he'll come back to tell us how he gets on.

There are forums on the site and, if he doesn't choose to contact models himself, he might find another photographer who will allow him to share a session.

David

David

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 07, 2011 11:06 as a reply to  @ Woodworker's post |  #12

There are tons of nude models in the UK, and there are plenty of sites to find them on. If you don't mind paying your models, start out shooting adult industry models (they are always looking for work). As mentioned previously, once you get a decent portfolio and word gets out.... people will start contacting you.

HazYleaF
84 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 16, 2011 14:58 |  #13

Believe it or not, You have a lot of friends, and let's be clear about the word "Friends"... that's exactly what they are and what they always will be, They are a very good starting point to doing nude, and one or a few will do it for you, because they are your FRIENDS. nothing awkward about it, unless you make them feel uncomfortable. Whether Male or Female, ask, but, ask in a group discussion... it makes people less uncomfortable, if you ask the group, one of them may ask you, to explain what it is exactly that you want and you just explain, and leave the rest to chance, you may be surprised by some of the answers, They may consider IMPLIED NUDE, which is they would be semi clothed, but the photo would look as if they had little to none... like a scarf across the breast or rope crossed over as to not reveal anything.... Get where I'm goin' this? ... Friends are a great resource... just don't creep them out... and during the shoot don't yell out things like " You look so Hot!" , more like direct them in the pose you're looking' for,saying things like "That's a great pose, can you now try placing your hand here and lift your chin, look slightly away or at the lens" and don't forget to periodically, show them the shots on the camera, make them feel like they ARE part of the process of the shoot... Hope this helps...

Man with a Camera and Lens
And a Whole lot of Heart.. Hee Hee !!

Woodworker
Goldmember
2,176 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 16, 2011 15:37 |  #14

But the OP hasn't posted for three weeks, so I assume he's either succeeded or lost interest after making two posts. In either event, he's received tons of advice and it would be nice if he came back to let us know how he got on.

David

David

HazYleaF
84 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 16, 2011 17:01 |  #15

Woodworker wrote in post #11653495 (external link)
But the OP hasn't posted for three weeks, so I assume he's either succeeded or lost interest after making two posts. In either event, he's received tons of advice and it would be nice if he came back to let us know how he got on.

David

I agree, wholeheartedly.. LOL..

Man with a Camera and Lens
And a Whole lot of Heart.. Hee Hee !!

4,332 views & 0 likes for this thread
Begginer Considering doing Nudes
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.