Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 06 Jan 2011 (Thursday) 07:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Software to keep track of clients??

corbin54
36 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 06, 2011 07:51 |  #1

I just starting doing wedding photography last may and I'm already up to 11 weddings for 2011. I really need a good way to keep all these clients straight. Some contact me on facebook, others over email and I'd like one place where I could keep all these correspondences. Plus, notes on the clients wants and needs, what package they've choose, dates, locations, payments, new business leads...you get the idea... Basically, I want one program where I can keep all this information.

Does anyone know if there are software programs out there that do all or at least some of these? I know I could just use MS Word, but I'd like something a little less "manuel".

Also, I'm using a Mac...

Thanks...

sponsored links
FreezeFramePhto
Goldmember
1,130 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Jan 07, 2011 01:09 |  #2

I use Outlook for all that. But you could check Google docs.

www.freezeframe.photo

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 07, 2011 03:13 |  #3

+1 for Outlook synced with my Blackberry.

Peter

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 07, 2011 08:00 |  #4

I don't try to remember these things when they're just talking, because they could end up changing their mind and never coming back. When they're talking serious, I fill in the contract.

Facebook communcations should come to you via email so just keep them. Give each client their own folder and drop all their stuff into it.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

thecackster
915 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 07, 2011 10:40 |  #5

cdifoto wrote in post #11591136 (external link)
I don't try to remember these things when they're just talking, because they could end up changing their mind and never coming back. When they're talking serious, I fill in the contract.

Facebook communcations should come to you via email so just keep them. Give each client their own folder and drop all their stuff into it.

+1 for not really adding them until a contract is signed. I use thunderbird to manage all of my emails and it's great for contacts.

SMP_Homer
Cream of the Crop
5,696 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 07, 2011 13:43 |  #6

big dry-erase calendar on the wall (every week covers 3 weekends - no need to monitor weekdays for the most part) - booked weddings in one color, in-discussion in another color, and tick marks everytime that particular date is asked about
folders that have all communications printed out for those that have signed contracts

booked weddings are also on my iPhone

EOS R / 1D X / 1D IV (and the wife has a T4i)
Sig35A, Sig50A, Sig85A, Sig14-24A, Sig24-105A, Sig70-200S, Sig150-600C
100-400L, 100L, 100/2, 300 2.8L, 1.4x II / 2x II
600EX-II X3, 430EX-III X3

hwrd
58 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 07, 2011 15:30 |  #7

Highrise (external link)

tjames
261 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 07, 2011 15:42 as a reply to  @ hwrd's post |  #8

Shootq or Tave are a couple photgrapher solutions.. they are both subscription based but handle everything from initial contact to billing and payments.

You could also use just a regular small business contact system like ACT

Gear List: Kodak Funsaver MAX Cameras, Epson Scanner, MS Paint & some Crayons

Hatch1921
Cream of the Crop
7,466 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2006

Jan 07, 2011 21:08 |  #9

tjames wrote in post #11593995 (external link)
Shootq or Tave are a couple photgrapher solutions.. they are both subscription based but handle everything from initial contact to billing and payments.

You could also use just a regular small business contact system like ACT

+1 for ShootQ

I've used it since October... very pleased with the system.... give it a try.... might like it.:D

Hatch

MAIN SITE (external link)
Great site to buy gear through and save some money. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Greentoe.com (external link)

Peacefield
Goldmember
4,023 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 08, 2011 08:07 |  #10

I've started using a simple spreadsheet just to remind me where I am in the process with different prospects; where they came from, have we corresponded, have we met, how long ago, have I followed up, have we gone to contract, etc. Once they become a client, as old-fashioned as it sounds, I count on good old paper. I'm taking notes during our discussion, I flesh that out immediately afterwards into a more detailed document while it's still fresh in my mind, and that gets dropped into their contract file so I'm able to call her one month before for our final discussion, it sounds like her's is the only wedding that matters to me.

Robert Wayne Photography (external link)

5D3, 5D2, 50D, 350D * 16-35 2.8 II, 24-70 2.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 100-400 IS, 100 L Macro, 35 1.4, 85 1.2 II, 135 2.0, Tokina 10-17 fish * 580 EX II (3) Stratos triggers * Other Stuff plus a Pelican 1624 to haul it all

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 08, 2011 15:31 |  #11

Im trying Tave. They have a 30 day free trial (which Im sure is to get you dependent upon it) and I like it so far. I like that its cheaper than ShootQ, and another studio I work with uses it and likes it.

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

deletedpenguin
Goldmember
2,945 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 08, 2011 16:17 |  #12

I use Salesforce Contact Manager. No software to install and is accessible from anywhere, even on my iPhone.

Stefan | StefanPetersen.com.au (external link)
500px (external link) Flickr (external link)

uktrailmonster
466 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jan 08, 2011 17:22 |  #13

As you're a Mac user, I would recommend using Daylite for your contact management. It's also available as an iPhone App which syncs with the desktop version. Also syncs with iCal, Address Book etc and fully integrates with Apple Mail so you can link emails directly with their related contacts. It's like the equivalent of Sage Act on a PC.

Canon 7D, Canon D30, Canon G2, EF 24-85 F3.5-4.5, EF 75-300 F4-5.6 IS, EF 300 F4 L IS, EF 85 F1.8, iMac 24" + Canon i9100

helloagain36
Goldmember
1,493 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 10, 2011 10:18 |  #14

Red Tie Photography wrote in post #11599784 (external link)
Im trying Tave. They have a 30 day free trial (which Im sure is to get you dependent upon it) and I like it so far. I like that its cheaper than ShootQ, and another studio I work with uses it and likes it.

I'd be interested to hear more about it as you continue to use it. I have been considering Tave for a while but just haven't gone for it yet.

-Dave

iamchanel
82 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 14, 2011 12:53 as a reply to  @ helloagain36's post |  #15

great info. thanks guys

My Blog :-) (external link)
Let's Be Friends :) (external link)

sponsored links

7,104 views & 0 likes for this thread
Software to keep track of clients??
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.