Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 07 Jan 2011 (Friday) 00:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lightroom corrupt

boog69
THREAD ­ STARTER
187 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Jan 08, 2011 15:14 as a reply to  @ post 11599668 |  #16

Some shots as promised, sorry about the size. Renee, I've got new card and reader and still does the same. I have about 12 cards and I've shot on about eight and they all do the same. Can they all go bad at the same time? Thanks again for your help.

Canon 40D, Canon 20D, Panasonic FZ-30, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-300 IS, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 50 1.8 MK I, Canon 550 EX flash. Wishing for 135L:D !!!

sponsored links
tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 08, 2011 15:32 |  #17

Well then, do you have a second hard drive to check with? Of course it could be your 20D -- that would suck, but we have to find out. Do you have anyone nearby with a computer you could check with?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

boog69
THREAD ­ STARTER
187 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Jan 08, 2011 15:45 as a reply to  @ tonylong's post |  #18

My only two other hard drives are my two external hard drives. I'll have to look for someone to try there computer. People I work with like to shoot but none have photoshop or lightroom. Thanks again for your help. ANy way to check the camera without sending it in.

Canon 40D, Canon 20D, Panasonic FZ-30, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-300 IS, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 50 1.8 MK I, Canon 550 EX flash. Wishing for 135L:D !!!

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 08, 2011 18:26 |  #19

Well, I'm not sure how to directly check the camera, except by eliminating everything else.

One thing you can try is to directly copy the images from your card to an external hard drive. You can also try downloading directly from your camera using EOS Utilities.

Hopefully something will become apparent, and hopefully it's something quick and inexpensive!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 10, 2011 05:53 |  #20

boog69 wrote in post #11599677 (external link)
Renee, I've got new card and reader and still does the same. I have about 12 cards and I've shot on about eight and they all do the same. Can they all go bad at the same time? Thanks again for your help.

If it's that consistent, I'd suspect the camera...

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

Roy_W
126 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 10, 2011 07:46 as a reply to  @ René Damkot's post |  #21

What happens when you read the Cards/Download on to a 2nd PC ?

5D MK11, 24-105L f/4, 135L f/2, 70-200L f/2.8 IS MKII
http://www.macraw.com (external link)

TGrundvig
Goldmember
2,876 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jan 10, 2011 10:03 |  #22

René Damkot wrote in post #11609511 (external link)
If it's that consistent, I'd suspect the camera...

Yeah, my thoughts as well.

To the OP: have you looked down into the CF card slot to see if there is a bent and/or missing pin? If this is happening on multiple cards then it sounds more like the camera or the path from the camera to the card. A bent or broken pin(s) could be the culprit.

1Ds Mk II, 1D Mk II, 50D, 40D, XT (for my son), 17-40L, 24-105L, Bigma 50-500 EX DG, Sigma 150 Macro EX DG, Tokina 12-24 AT-X, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 28-300 (for my son), 580ex II, 430ex II

chantu
904 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 10, 2011 12:22 |  #23

If two or more cards give you the same result, the problem is in the camera. Try a different camera (if you have one).

Canon 5D mk3, 7D mk2, 7D, 17-40L, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 70-200mm IS, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 17-50 OS, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 24-70VC 580ex flash (x3), 550ex, Yonguo 622C triggers, Fuji XE-1, 18-55mm Flickr (external link)Feedbacks of Items Sold/Bought *

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,416 posts
Gallery: 173 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 10, 2011 12:43 |  #24

I've had pictures turn out like the ones you posted and it was the camera that was bad - an old P&S (elph S500). I still have that little thing. It would ocassionally take images where it looked smeered, sort of like melting plastic.

My Treasure Chest
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Mike ­ T.M.
517 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Mar 27, 2011 20:57 |  #25

Don't know where you're at with this, but I have a 7D and I've had this happened to me twice. Cards are newer, shoot RAW (H), and transfer everything over to an HDD (Toshiba). Which after reading this I think is the problem. I quit using my reader, actually using the camera to write the files on my internal hard drive, which I have suceesfully transfered all four cards.

sponsored links

3,977 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lightroom corrupt
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.