Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 09 Jan 2011 (Sunday) 23:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Issue with Maxsaver.net

Ball4
352 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 09, 2011 23:16 |  #1

I received a B+W polarizing filter from Maxsaver the other day, but finally got a chance to open the package today and inspect it. Noticing a small circular streak is on the surface of the filter, I tried wiping it away with a microfiber cloth. No luck, it won't go away. The foam inside the plastic container also has several filter ring indentations. There should be only one. Could this have been a used one they sent me?

What's the best way to deal with this outfit since they're out in Hong Kong. Has anyone gotten a replacement or full refund from Maxsaver?

sponsored links
kwando
Goldmember
1,345 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 09, 2011 23:28 |  #2

Interested as well. My filter was fine but the plastic box was crushed

~Simon~
My Gear | My Feedback | Smugmug (external link)
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1213134

sigma ­ pi
Cream of the Crop
11,204 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 10, 2011 14:22 |  #3

mine was ok on both accounts sorry I can not help

Don't try to confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up.
http://www.flickr.com …6850267535/in/p​hotostream (external link)

TuanTime
759 posts
Joined May 2009

Jan 10, 2011 16:56 as a reply to  @ sigma pi's post |  #4

I can't help either but I have ordered about 10 filters from them with no issues. Good luck with yours though I would try to email them to find out what they say.

crcal
808 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 10, 2011 17:16 as a reply to  @ TuanTime's post |  #5

Ordered from them twice with no issues so sorry I have no other advice other than to call or email them.

Calvin
Converted to Sony A7 and love it | Gear & Feedback

DiMAn0684
Goldmember
1,933 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 10, 2011 17:22 as a reply to  @ crcal's post |  #6

Ball4, have you had a chance to read THIS thread?

You haven't even contacted the vendor or the manufacturer yet, but you've decided to bring up the matter on the POTN.

Canon 5D MkII | Canon 16-35mm f/4 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | Canon 24-105mm f/4 | Tamron 70-300mm VC | Canon 430EX II | Benro A2682TB1

Ball4
THREAD ­ STARTER
352 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 10, 2011 21:45 |  #7

DiMAn0684 wrote in post #11613169 (external link)
Ball4, have you had a chance to read THIS thread?

You haven't even contacted the vendor or the manufacturer yet, but you've decided to bring up the matter on the POTN.

That's right. I posted here to get opinions and seek advice from others that may have faced a similar situation.

lannes
Goldmember
4,370 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 11, 2011 00:28 |  #8

Have you tried some lens cleaning solution.

1Dx, 1DM4, 5DM2, 7D, EOS-M, 8-15L, 17-40L, 24 TSE II, 24-105L, 50L, 85L II, 100L, 135L, 200L f/2.8, 300L f/4, 70-200L II, 70-300L, 400Lf/5.6

sponsored links

672 views & 0 likes for this thread
Issue with Maxsaver.net
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.