Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 10 Jan 2011 (Monday) 16:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Basketball and Remote shooting

Playonpics.com
929 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 10, 2011 16:01 |  #1

So its my first attempt... I know i'll change the placement and the aperture next time.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Canon 1D MarkIII | Canon 7D | 70-200mm F/2.8L | 24-70mm F/2.8L| 300mm F/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 580EXII Flash | Computrekker | ThinkTank roller and beltsystem | Elinchrom (2) Dlites 4IT Canon Platinum CPS Member
www.playonpics.com (external link)

gromeo
981 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jan 10, 2011 16:18 |  #2

Nice job on your first remote, a couple suggestions,
1- get someone to hold up a broom or something to pre focus on, the guy in the paint looks to be sharp not the player going for the layup.
2- get a safety cable don't trust that camera strap
http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …l_CM_50_Safety_​Cable.html (external link)

Nikon D4 and 60 2.8D Micro, 24-70 2.8G, 70-200 2.8G VRII, 200-400 VRII, SB800, SB600, Pocket Wizards, 4x WL-1600, Quantum Turbo 2x2, Sekonic 358 meter, TT AS, Takeoff, Belt System
http://rguzmanphoto.ph​otoshelter.com/ (external link)
http://www.romeoguzman​photography.com (external link)
http://www.sportsshoot​er.com/rguzman (external link)

Playonpics.com
THREAD ­ STARTER
929 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 10, 2011 16:23 |  #3

ya i have a cable on order... I know rookie dumb ass mistake but ya haha.

I was kind of wondering how you do the pre focus... I took a gamble of f/3.5 and 3 feet... But obviously it didn't work. I figure the Focus Point would be the hardest thing of it.

Canon 1D MarkIII | Canon 7D | 70-200mm F/2.8L | 24-70mm F/2.8L| 300mm F/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 580EXII Flash | Computrekker | ThinkTank roller and beltsystem | Elinchrom (2) Dlites 4IT Canon Platinum CPS Member

northpointphoto
754 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 11, 2011 18:08 |  #4

Playonpics.com wrote in post #11612763 (external link)
ya i have a cable on order... I know rookie dumb ass mistake but ya haha.

I was kind of wondering how you do the pre focus... I took a gamble of f/3.5 and 3 feet... But obviously it didn't work. I figure the Focus Point would be the hardest thing of it.

Hey at least you attempted to make some sort of safety cable. I've seen a ton of guys that didnt even do what you did.

Just for future reference if you go to home depot or lowes you can buy a good cable for under $5-10. Then buy two cheap carabiners and you're set ($1 each). All you have to do is get a good heavy key ring (I use grenade pin rings) thread it through the metal part on your camera that the strap attaches too and you have a rock solid cable for under $15.

Here's one similar to the cable I have. http://www.lowes.com …safety%2Bcable%​26page%3D2 (external link)

The problem with the ones in the link a few posts above (the lowel cables) is they are very short. Backboards are about 3.5 feet tall, so if the camera is in the middle of the board you need about 4 feet of cable to go up and over the top supporting brace and back down to the camera. If its closer to the bottom you need even more cable to make it over the top. The Lowel cables are great but in my experience they are a bit too short most of the time.

Russell
Russell Tracy Photography (external link) |LIGHTING SETUPS AND DIAGRAMS
Think Tank Photo Affiliate (external link) | Sports Shooter Profile (external link)

Playonpics.com
THREAD ­ STARTER
929 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 11, 2011 19:26 |  #5

roger!

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,130 views & 0 likes for this thread
Basketball and Remote shooting
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.