Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 11 Jan 2011 (Tuesday) 22:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Printer Recommendation? (All in One)

Aeroman
61 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 11, 2011 22:44 |  #1

Hello, I know this may be a very vague question but I am in the market for a new printer that can scan, copy, print, fax. I would like the printing to be superb (but not necessarily pro) on glossy printing paper. The scan function should be great quality too.

I currently own an older HP Officejet 6210. The printer worked great on my PC with Windows XP. However, I have no upgraded to a Win 7 PC and the scanning part has issues (I have found out that others have too with the printer and Win 7). I have opted to get something newer and better that works with Windows 7. I am not an HP die-hard fan so I can look for other brands as well. I dont need a FAST printer either.

Any recommendation for home use?

Thanks!

sponsored links
Rafromak
Goldmember
1,967 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 12, 2011 00:46 |  #2

I have no favorites, but when purchasing a new iMac for my wife I got offered the $100.00 Apple rebate on a printer, and chose an office printer, the Epson Workforce 615. It's a network printer/fax/scanner, etc., has Ethernet and USB ports, and can can do things via WIFI if that's what you want. Since the reabte was $100.00, I paid $49.00 for it.

7D, 5DII

buurin
747 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 12, 2011 02:15 |  #3

From what I've found you need a dedicated photo printer to get 'superb' results.

B
30D ● 5D ● Canon 24-70/2.8L
Canon 17-40/4.0L Canon 50/1.4 ● Canon 100mm/2.8 Macro ● 2xVivitar 285HVs ● 430EX ● Cybersync Flash Triggers ● AB800 ● AB400 ● Vagabond II

Aeroman
THREAD ­ STARTER
61 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 12, 2011 11:12 |  #4

Thanks for the reply...I should have stated that I can go a notch below "superb", :)

I forgot to mention I would like the wireless/network capability too.

Rafromak, you got a great deal there.

zrock
191 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 13, 2011 09:55 |  #5

I just got the Canon MG 5220. It does great photo printing better than the local walmart. I like it because it uses the seperat ink cartrages and over teh long run it saves money. Network was easy to set up has dual paper trays and scanner dosent do a bad job eater.

Canon T1i
EFS 18-55mm
EFS 55-250mm
430EX II

Rimmer
Goldmember
1,414 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 13, 2011 13:27 |  #6

I'll throw this out for whatever it's worth... We needed a new printer recently so we got the HP Photosmart Premium e-all-in-one model C310. We use it almost exclusively for document printing, but is also does a very nice job on 4x6 borderless prints (it has a separate tray for that size paper). It is networkable and has a duplexer for automatic two-sided copies. It is a five ink printer: regular black, plus cyan, yellow, magenta, and photo black. I've done a few prints with HP Advanced Photo Paper 4x6 and have been very pleased with them, but have never tried anything larger.

When I first installed it I had trouble with it seemingly disappearing from the network, but then a Windows update popped up that said it fixed a problem with network printers disappearing on Windows 7. I installed the update and it has been solid ever since.

Also does scanning and copying.

Ace Rimmer -- "What a guy!"
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." ;)

Aeroman
THREAD ­ STARTER
61 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 13, 2011 14:44 |  #7

Thank you zrock and Rimmer...I am actually going to the store this evening and look for the printers you mentioned and check them out. The Canon that zrock mentioned has gotten GREAT reviews from newegg and Amazon. Thanks again

gordonb
425 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 13, 2011 15:52 as a reply to  @ Aeroman's post |  #8

I have an Epson workforce 520 all-in-one wireless and it does an excellent job..

Gordon

Gordon

Canon 5Ds/6d/7d/50d/xti/A1/ EOS M / S-100 / EOS M3
Canon 70-200 2.8 / Canon 100-400/ Canon 24-105L / Sigma 10-20
Nifty 50 / and kit lens/EF M 18-55 and EOS M adapter

sponsored links

1,178 views & 0 likes for this thread
Printer Recommendation? (All in One)
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.