Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 13 Jan 2011 (Thursday) 01:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Nice, Cool, Day to shoot

emperorevo86
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 13, 2011 01:25 |  #1

Took a quick shot of my baby, here she is. Warning: Adult contents only!

http://4.bp.blogspot.c​om …lQ/s1600/_MG_87​97_HDR.jpg (external link)

http://2.bp.blogspot.c​om …-U/s1600/_MG_8806_HDR.j​pg (external link)

http://4.bp.blogspot.c​om …go/s1600/_MG_88​20_HDR.jpg (external link)

Oversized images changed to links. POTN max. image size is 1024 pixels.

Jon

~ Burin Photography ~ (external link)Amazon feedback, (external link) Buyer feedback 1, Feedback 2,Feedback 3,Feedback 4, Feedback 5

sponsored links
photogsam
456 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 13, 2011 06:26 |  #2

thats the kind of baby I could spend all day playing with. Real nice photos, and lovely car. Really like the PP aswell :)

Canon 5D Mark 3, Olympus OM-D, Sony A7r with lots of toys to go with them
Photoblog (external link)|My Flickr (external link)| 500PX (external link)

JMartel
Goldmember
1,307 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 13, 2011 10:54 |  #3

Nice shots. I like the PP. It's not overdone. So where is this adult content you talk about? I just see a car.

Jeff
Gear List
Flickr (external link)

ProjektSol
493 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 13, 2011 11:31 |  #4

a bit grainy

flickr: rtranphotographyexternal link
Facebook Page: rtranphotographyexternal link
Instagram: rtranphotographyexternal link
500PX: rtranphotographyexternal link

focus.pocus
Goldmember
3,423 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 13, 2011 11:32 |  #5

nice

I know, right? I'm just sayin'...

PhotosGuy
75,488 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Jan 13, 2011 12:38 |  #6

I like #1 best... nice work... but is it gold or yellow? If it's yellow, I'd take some of the blue/green out of that part of the paint.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

p27rpy
Goldmember
1,418 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 13, 2011 16:02 |  #7

these the other day. i like the processing a lot, although it is a bit grainy.

Theo Civitello - Houston Based Automotive, Wedding & Life Photography (external link)
Flickr (external link)
My Blog - Latest uploads and detailed Strobist info! (external link)

Leafy ­ Photography
270 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 14, 2011 00:42 |  #8

Not a fan of the processing. There seem to be areas darker on the yellow on various spots of the car.

Canon 5DMkII | Canon EOS M | 400 F5.6L IS | 35 F1.4L | 17-40 F4L | 135 F2L | 15mm Fisheye | 50mm 1.4 | 430EXII X3
www.leafyphotography.c​a (external link) www.facebook.com/leafy​photography (external link)
Check Out My Flickr! (external link)

Agnu
779 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 15, 2011 01:01 |  #9

Personally, I think #3 is one of the most dynamic images i've ever seen on this forum. And that's a huge call. Personally I love the processing, the light and the entire feel. This is also the exact style of commercial Auto which is selling like crazy down here. The first two shot's i'm not as excited about though, if I were you i'd stick to showing off the 3rd. Great work.

Angus Scott Photography
Gripped 5DmkII | 17-40L | 35L | Sigma 50/1.4 | 135L
Bronica SQAi | 80/2.8 150/4
Website (external link) | Flickr (external link)

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 15, 2011 02:15 |  #10

Let me clear things up a bit. First of all the, the adult content. Just having a little fun with you guys, looks like I got your attention a bit or two? The blue mixed with the yellow paint? Anyone care for a second guess? Okay, it's dirt. The car haven't been was for decades, okay maybe a few months. That's why some part of the paint looks a bit weird, thus also making it appear darker and making you guess if the car were yellow or not. Normally people shoot a clean car, but I went the other route. If there was actual dirt and mud on that thing, ohhh I don't wanna think about it = that would be a big turn on...for me. HDR post processing. I like the bluish greeish and grainiest look to it, it's different and out of the norm. Makes it more interesting, for me. It's like a fantasy world.
Thanks for the CC, as always much appreciated.

~ Burin Photography ~ (external link)Amazon feedback, (external link) Buyer feedback 1, Feedback 2,Feedback 3,Feedback 4, Feedback 5

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 15, 2011 02:28 |  #11

Leafy Photography wrote in post #11637354 (external link)
Not a fan of the processing. There seem to be areas darker on the yellow on various spots of the car.

I didn't expect everyone to be on the same boat here. Just a friendly advise, you might wanna change your website background a bit. They say that light attract the human eyes, its where people look at first when viewing an image. There's too much distracting bright lines on your background. Your portfolio are nice, but the background make it hard to view the images. Just my 2 cent. You gave me your opinion, now I gave you mine. Future CC is always appreciated.

Leafy ­ Photography
270 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 17, 2011 15:31 |  #12

emperorevo86 wrote in post #11644808 (external link)
I didn't expect everyone to be on the same boat here. Just a friendly advise, you might wanna change your website background a bit. They say that light attract the human eyes, its where people look at first when viewing an image. There's too much distracting bright lines on your background. Your portfolio are nice, but the background make it hard to view the images. Just my 2 cent. You gave me your opinion, now I gave you mine. Future CC is always appreciated.

Thanks. Enjoy your HDR phase, and hope it passes soon. :lol:

Canon 5DMkII | Canon EOS M | 400 F5.6L IS | 35 F1.4L | 17-40 F4L | 135 F2L | 15mm Fisheye | 50mm 1.4 | 430EXII X3
www.leafyphotography.c​a (external link) www.facebook.com/leafy​photography (external link)
Check Out My Flickr! (external link)

vegasboy
Goldmember
2,366 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jan 17, 2011 15:41 |  #13

The photos seem to be grainy. and angle of the car is the same in all of them, It would have been nice to get a side shot or a back shot.

Nice evo though. I had a 2003 myself, but sold it back in '07

-Alex
5D3 Gripped | 7D Gripped | 35 f/1.4L | 85 f/1.2L II | 24-105 f/4L | 17-40 f/4L | 70-200 f/4L | Alienbees |
Fotosbyalex.com (external link) | Flickr (external link) |
Like my Facebook (external link) | Instagram @evoalex (external link)

RSphoto
Goldmember
1,087 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 17, 2011 16:33 |  #14

Shots are way to grainy, Keep your ISO low.

HDR rarely works for car shots.

Rylan Strongman
rylanstrongman@gmail.c​om
Canon 7D | Gripped EOS 50D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | Canon EF 135mm f/2L | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II| Sigma 10-20mm f/4

Agnu
779 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 17, 2011 18:28 |  #15

Just putting it out there; I still love that third one. Car photography is very subjective, but I assure you, that third shot would sell whereas 90% of the other ones on this forum wouldn't. Stick to your 'HDR Phase', and get better at it. You never know; it could serve you very well in the future.

Angus Scott Photography
Gripped 5DmkII | 17-40L | 35L | Sigma 50/1.4 | 135L
Bronica SQAi | 80/2.8 150/4
Website (external link) | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,783 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nice, Cool, Day to shoot
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.