Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 16 Jan 2011 (Sunday) 17:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Silver Effects

Gravelrash
48 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 16, 2011 19:36 |  #16

I agree with Ken. I thing this re-done version leaves your first go for dead. She looks a bit too smooth, but a big improvement for me.

They say "The camera does not make the photographer".........​..ever tried taking photos without one?

DanangMonkey
THREAD ­ STARTER
586 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 16, 2011 19:40 as a reply to  @ post 11654805 |  #17

Thanks for all the help Ken !! You just saved me a bunch of money and re-assured me to to trust my own eyes vs some software programmers.

Again, apologize for the earlier misunderstanding. I realized that your first post was a true and sincere attempt to help,but was more concerned that some other people would take the thread off on a tangent!

Okay, enough with the mushy stuff ! hahah Thanks !

The creative artist seems to be almost the only kind of man that you could never meet on neutral ground. He sees nothing objectively because his own ego is always in the foreground of every picture. - Raymond Chandler

DanangMonkey
THREAD ­ STARTER
586 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 16, 2011 21:37 |  #18

Gravelrash wrote in post #11654839 (external link)
I agree with Ken. I thing this re-done version leaves your first go for dead. She looks a bit too smooth, but a big improvement for me.

Thanks Gravel (great name!) .... I backed off the sharpening in a hurry to get the revised photo back out. Guess I went a too far on the sharpening mask which smoothed out the cheek.

The creative artist seems to be almost the only kind of man that you could never meet on neutral ground. He sees nothing objectively because his own ego is always in the foreground of every picture. - Raymond Chandler

Ken ­ Robertson
Cream of the Crop
5,894 posts
Joined May 2005

Jan 17, 2011 01:47 |  #19

DanangMonkey wrote in post #11654395 (external link)
Sorry, wasn't trying to be disrespectful at all, and I appreciated his feedback. His photos and professional model have blown mine away and subsequent comments would probably focus on his photos, which would defeat the purpose of my posting anything to start with. I've deleted the comment since it may, and has been taken out of context.

NOt a professional model -taken in her garage with minimal lights

Canon 1ds Mark III
Canon 70-200IS L 2/8, 24-70L 2.8, 50mm 1.4

DanangMonkey
THREAD ­ STARTER
586 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 17, 2011 02:58 |  #20

Ken Robertson wrote in post #11656629 (external link)
NOt a professional model -taken in her garage with minimal lights

I was trying to pay both you and your model a compliment with the "professional" remark. Why do you want to keep grinding salt into the wounds over this?

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,730 views & 0 likes for this thread
Silver Effects
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.