Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 22 Oct 2010 (Friday) 15:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's

image ­ monster
459 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jan 23, 2011 16:41 |  #406

PWard wrote in post #11699684 (external link)
Your billing address may need to be U.S. Based as well. As always....best to call and find out from Canon.

My billing address is different from my shipping address even though they are within the US. According to the first post. It says the billing address and shipping address have to match. What is the case for everyone else who ordered from CLP? I hope Canon can make an exception.

6D | 5Dc | X100F | 16-35L F4 IS | 50 1.8 STM | 50L | 135L |
Gear

sponsored links
PLLphotography
with the TF
5,218 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 23, 2011 20:13 |  #407

Well obviously my home address is my billing address, however, when I placed my order, I had my 5D II shipped to my work address since I'm never home when Fedex or UPS makes deliveries. There wasn't any problem with that.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

Justaddwata
Goldmember
1,330 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 24, 2011 13:14 as a reply to  @ PLLphotography's post |  #408

Question on the extended warranties (Mack in particular) for anyone in the know.

I called today and explained to sales rep at Adorama that I have a refurb Canon 7D and was looking for a Mack extended warranty. The warranty he sold me was the 3 year (IMXW89 - http://www.adorama.com​/IMXW89.html (external link)) "Mack 3 Year Digital Still Camera Extended Warranty (for Digital Cameras & Camera Lens Kits with a retail value of up to $3000.00)". I initially was wandering why the $3000 warranty for a body that retails New for under $2000. The salesman was clear that mine was a refurb camera - stating that this will take over from the 90 day Canon warranty.

I remembered the link to warranty options at the start of this thread to see what was offered here and the warranty is different "Mack 2 Year Digital Still Used Camera Warranty (for cameras with a retail value of up to $3000.00)" (Still $3000 coverage which might again be excessive) http://www.adorama.com​/IMXW2UP.html (external link)

Anyone else go with a Mack warranty for their Loyalty purchase?

Proudly Australian Made!!
1D MKIII, 5D MkIII gripped, 7D gripped, 40D gripped, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 28mm f1.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS,
"Sigmonster" 300-800mm, Canon 70-200mm Mk II IS L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 35-350mm L, 580 EXII, 430EX, Canon 2X Extender MkII

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,218 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 24, 2011 13:17 |  #409

Justaddwata wrote in post #11705262 (external link)
Question on the extended warranties (Mack in particular) for anyone in the know.

I called today and explained to sales rep at Adorama that I have a refurb Canon 7D and was looking for a Mack extended warranty. The warranty he sold me was the 3 year (IMXW89 - http://www.adorama.com​/IMXW89.html (external link)) "Mack 3 Year Digital Still Camera Extended Warranty (for Digital Cameras & Camera Lens Kits with a retail value of up to $3000.00)". I initially was wandering why the $3000 warranty for a body that retails New for under $2000. The salesman was clear that mine was a refurb camera - stating that this will take over from the 90 day Canon warranty.

I remembered the link to warranty options at the start of this thread to see what was offered here and the warranty is different "Mack 2 Year Digital Still Used Camera Warranty (for cameras with a retail value of up to $3000.00)" (Still $3000 coverage which might again be excessive) http://www.adorama.com​/IMXW2UP.html (external link)

Anyone else go with a Mack warranty for their Loyalty purchase?

MACK deems refurbished cameras from Canon are "New" as far as warranty coverage, so you can't get a used warranty from Mack.

Squaretrade on the other hand, deems refurbished as well..."refurbished".

you can google Mack's camera warranties or look at Adorama's site, but they tend to broadly vary in the amounts covered, so there may not be something in-between in your case.

I went with a 2 year Squaretrade warranty...it ended up costing me $200+, but at least I know I'll have a 5 day turnaround for repairs, whereas Mack can take 2-3 weeks. if Squaretrade can't repair my camera, they cut me a check for the covered amount.

of course I'm wondering whether or not I need their warranty.... I have my equipment insured, and if I ever need repairs from Canon, I get a 30% off discount, and a 3 day turnaround.

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

LSU
167 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 24, 2011 15:24 |  #410

FYI, the 7D is back in stock as of this morning. I know there was a recent shortage.

Canon 5D Mark III
Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX DG Fisheye | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM

http://blake.zenfolio.​com/portfolio (external link)

340 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 24, 2011 19:58 |  #411

I ordered one Saturday morning.

7D

texascaoboy
292 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 25, 2011 06:18 |  #412

^^Yup, my 7D should be here tomorrow. Can't wait! I'll report back with the conditions. The lady on the phone said there were about 250 7Ds in stock.

Kevin Cao Photography (external link) | Kevin Cao Facebook Fanpage (external link)
Wide Open Tees Photography Clothing Store (external link)
| Wide Open Tees Facebook Fanpage (external link)
Marketplace Feedback

340 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 25, 2011 12:35 as a reply to  @ texascaoboy's post |  #413

AAAAH, had to call Canon. I placed my order Saturday morning and was told to expect my 7D on Wednesday. I just finished checking my order's shipping status and it showed up as pending. WTF? It's supposed to be here tomorrow.

Apparently someone from Canon tried calling me to verify the order but didn't leave a message? So if I hadn't checked the status I would be sitting here just waiting, and waiting, and waiting....

I then asked them to overnight as the rep never told me to look out for an order confirmation call. Nor did I ever receive a call from them or any voicemail requesting for me to contact them to verify and advance the order. After a several minutes the best I got was "we've placed an overnight status on your order" (to maintain the originally scheduled Wednesday delivery) "but can't guarantee it will go out on time today". :mad:

7D

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,218 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 25, 2011 12:37 |  #414

if I remember from one of the other threads I participate in, I think* if orders are placed before noon, they ship same day. Not sure about your case since it was showing up in the system, but stuck at "pending".

someone on another thread commented that yesterday the 7Ds were back in stock. apparently there was a shortage, so maybe your order was taken before they realized they were out?

340 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 25, 2011 12:50 |  #415

texascaoboy wrote in post #11710037 (external link)
^^Yup, my 7D should be here tomorrow. Can't wait! I'll report back with the conditions. The lady on the phone said there were about 250 7Ds in stock.

When did you place you're order? Better check your shipping status if you haven't already ;)

PWard wrote in post #11711807 (external link)
if I remember from one of the other threads I participate in, I think* if orders are placed before noon, they ship same day. Not sure about your case since it was showing up in the system, but stuck at "pending".

someone on another thread commented that yesterday the 7Ds were back in stock. apparently there was a shortage, so maybe your order was taken before they realized they were out?

I don't know but I ordered Sat at worst it could've gone out Monday and arrived Wed with the program's 2nd day shipping policy.

I'm pretty confident they were in stock at time of order just that somebody had to screw up when it came to my 7D. Hopefully texascaoboy above gets his tomorrow without a hitch proving at least that they were in stock at time of order.

7D

Jim ­ K
451 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 25, 2011 13:46 |  #416

858 wrote in post #11711792 (external link)
AAAAH, had to call Canon. I placed my order Saturday morning and was told to expect my 7D on Wednesday. I just finished checking my order's shipping status and it showed up as pending. WTF? It's supposed to be here tomorrow. :mad:

Same thing here, ordered on Sunday and checked for tracking info Tuesday afternoon expecting Wednesday delivery. It hadn't shipped! They were waiting for payment! WTF did they think when I gave them my credit card number, trade-in camera model and serial number, etc. It arrived on Friday (after Thanksgiving).

Thank heaven I didn't need it in a hurry.

Canon: 7D (2, 1 gripped), 50D gripped, 500 f/4L IS, 100-400 L IS, 70-200 f/4L IS, 28-135 IS, 10-22, 15-85 IS, 1.4x II, 580EX
5D3, 24-105 f/4L IS, 17-40 f/4L IS, TS-E 24 f/3.5L II. S100 p&s
Gitzo GT3530LS, Wimberley ver. II. Manfrottto: tripod 055XPROB legs, 448RC2 head; monopod 679B, 234RC tilt head

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,218 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 25, 2011 13:52 |  #417

858 wrote in post #11711885 (external link)
When did you place you're order? Better check your shipping status if you haven't already ;)

I don't know but I ordered Sat at worst it could've gone out Monday and arrived Wed with the program's 2nd day shipping policy.

I'm pretty confident they were in stock at time of order just that somebody had to screw up when it came to my 7D. Hopefully texascaoboy above gets his tomorrow without a hitch proving at least that they were in stock at time of order.

Jim K wrote in post #11712203 (external link)
Same thing here, ordered on Sunday and checked for tracking info Tuesday afternoon expecting Wednesday delivery. It hadn't shipped! They were waiting for payment! WTF did they think when I gave them my credit card number, trade-in camera model and serial number, etc. It arrived on Friday (after Thanksgiving).

Thank heaven I didn't need it in a hurry.

moral: order Monday-Tuesday before noon EST. :-)

texascaoboy
292 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 25, 2011 13:53 |  #418

858 wrote in post #11711885 (external link)

I placed my order Sunday morning. My order is on schedule. They called me Sunday afternoon from a different department and asked me to confirm my shipping address. I guess they want to make sure their $1000+ cameras don't turn into $1000+ liabilities by shipping them to the wrong houses.

Kevin Cao Photography (external link) | Kevin Cao Facebook Fanpage (external link)
Marketplace Feedback

texascaoboy
292 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 25, 2011 13:59 |  #419

Call this number if your camera hasn't shipped yet: 1-866-510-1342 and give them your order number. They'll ask for you to verify your name and address. That should be it. Hope this helps.

Marketplace Feedback

340 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 25, 2011 14:08 |  #420

PWard wrote in post #11712235 (external link)
moral: order Monday-Tuesday before noon EST. :-)

And after that look out for that verification call and double check your shipping status

7D

sponsored links

460,247 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.