Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
Thread started 28 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 12:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CHDK version request

Glyno
157 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jan 24, 2011 07:49 |  #31

Wowsers.

You are a Star! This has been very confusing and sometimes it's so easy to completely miss the glaringly obvious.

I'm now able to set my shutter speed anywhere between 2048 secs & 1/100k secs and I can stop my aperture down to f16.

Thank you ever so much, I'm now going to investigate some of the other features so you can probably expect many more very dumb questions very soon!

Thanks also hnikesch

Thanks again, Glyn.

my flickr (external link)

hnikesch
Goldmember
1,133 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 24, 2011 08:06 |  #32

There is also an option to let you skip pushing the menu button to get into and out of the CHDK menu, you can just push the shortcut button. it's part of the user menu option

Hans

Hans
It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. Canon S100 w/CHDK, SD990 w/CHDK, SD900 w/CHDK, Pentax K30, & Kr, Pentax Q7 Flickr: (external link)

Wowsers
169 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jan 24, 2011 10:22 as a reply to  @ hnikesch's post |  #33

You are very welcomed Glyno,

When I began using CHDK (that was back in August 2010) I was completely lost about all the features available with CHDK but I managed to tamed the beast :p and now I am getting comfortable with it. There are no dumb questions. So anytime you feel like asking something, don't hesitate. I can't guarantee that i'll have all the answers but I will do my best and I see that there are a few people here that also seem to know quite a lot about that wonderful little hack and I am sure they will be able to help you.

[SX20IS firm.1.02d-CHDK 0.9.9-1089] [Self made USB remote] [Metz CS-2 Slave Flash]
[Lensmate 58mm filter adapter] [Nikon Close-Up 6T]

Glyno
157 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jan 26, 2011 15:39 |  #34

There was one thing I meant to ask... could having the shutter open for extra-long exposures (for example, several minutes) cause damage to the sensor?

my flickr (external link)

Wowsers
169 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jan 26, 2011 17:34 |  #35

Glyno wrote in post #11719688 (external link)
There was one thing I meant to ask... could having the shutter open for extra-long exposures (for example, several minutes) cause damage to the sensor?

In short no. Taking photos of star trails and traffic lights at night will not damage the sensor. But be careful if doing the same with the sun filtering through the lens as this might cause damage.

[SX20IS firm.1.02d-CHDK 0.9.9-1089] [Self made USB remote] [Metz CS-2 Slave Flash]
[Lensmate 58mm filter adapter] [Nikon Close-Up 6T]

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

6,307 views & 0 likes for this thread
CHDK version request
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Small Compact Digitals by Canon 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.