Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Forums  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear
Forums  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 11 Jan 2011 (Tuesday) 00:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links (only for non-logged)

HS Senior Representative - how do you do it?

spesmeadeus
987 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 25, 2011 22:44 |  #31

gfp wrote in post #11713382 (external link)
I read the thread and it is full of useful information. I have had a senior rep search event going for a while now and I got some interest, but not as much as I would like.

Someone else said they had luck with approaching a few of the popular kids directly and get them to become a rep, so I figured it wont hurt to try this as well. :)

Hey how is it going Gerry? its Luke!

How does focal length affect portraits? (external link)
| Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear | Facebook (external link) |

gfp
THREAD ­ STARTER
245 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 25, 2011 22:54 |  #32

Pretty good luke. :) you?

I remember a while back, DMX or someone like that sent his cd to the cool kids in certain schools as a marketing plan.

http://www.GeraldFagan​Photography.com (external link)

spesmeadeus
987 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 25, 2011 23:10 |  #33

I am doing well, ya no doubt. West 49 did that here in canada, so many other brands, I guess its no different than brands like Hurley and Etnies sponsoring kids that are good at skateboarding and surfing so that all the wannabies want to buy all their stuff. Its just marketing popularity, which to me is sad.

| Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear | Facebook (external link) |

gfp
THREAD ­ STARTER
245 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 26, 2011 14:53 |  #34

How much do you all charge for senior wallet prints?

I am contemplating changing my wallet prints to rep cards. The front will have their picture, the back will have my business logo and contact information, and will be on pearl paper, so the wow factor should be there. The only problems is they are 2x3.5 instead of 2.5x3.5, and the minimum order, which will make cost 4.6 times more than a print. I figure if I increase the minimum order of wallets from 8 to 24 the extra sales will make it worth it, even if they are less per wallet than before.

sevillafox
I'm good with pathetic! Really, I am.
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 26, 2011 16:18 |  #35

http://rfpstudio.com/s​eniorprices/ (external link)

Tiffany
hopeless smooshoholic......I smoosh!

gfp
THREAD ­ STARTER
245 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 26, 2011 20:29 |  #36

Thanks for the price info sevilla. :) I was surprised to see the lower priced senior packages, which one do the seniors tend to go for?

Are your wallets printed on a sheet or dye cut or rep cards?

sevillafox
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 26, 2011 21:08 |  #37

Wallets are die cut. The lower priced package is new but notice my higher work session fees have a higher minimum purchase. =)

Tiffany

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 27, 2011 02:26 |  #38

I'm confused by the "minimum collection", which is the next package down, being under each package. :confused:

Edit: Nevermind. There's another page. I'm not sure it's wise to have session packages named exactly the same as print packages when they don't actually have to go together.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

sevillafox
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 27, 2011 09:26 |  #39

cdifoto wrote in post #11723187 (external link)
I'm confused by the "minimum collection", which is the next package down, being under each package. :confused:

Edit: Nevermind. There's another page. I'm not sure it's wise to have session packages named exactly the same as print packages when they don't actually have to go together.

Lol! Probably not. :oops:

Tiffany

sctbiggs
Goldmember
1,793 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jan 27, 2011 10:12 |  #40

errr... i can't seem to get the first page to turn... :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind... might wanna include some instruction with that.

Baby Girl 2.0 has arrived!
Facebook (external link) | Wilmington, NC Wedding and Portrait Photographers (external link) - The seriously outdated website.

sevillafox
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 27, 2011 10:23 |  #41

sctbiggs wrote in post #11724718 (external link)
errr... i can't seem to get the first page to turn... :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind... might wanna include some instruction with that.

Lol!

Well, see, I am going to eventually embed this on one of my blogsite pages but haven't gotten that far just yet.

Tiffany

gfp
THREAD ­ STARTER
245 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 27, 2011 13:05 |  #42

I would like everyones openion on this.

Is it ok to use rep cards as wallets. They are smaller than the 2.5x3.5 dye cut ones that are offered by the lab, at 2x3.5, and it will be a heavier paper used, probably pearl gloss as well.

Do you think customers will complain about the slightly skinner print?

I really like the idea of the image on the reverse with my info, so every wallet given will have my contact info on the back.

spesmeadeus
987 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 27, 2011 23:11 |  #43

gfp wrote in post #11725713 (external link)
I would like everyones openion on this.

Is it ok to use rep cards as wallets. They are smaller than the 2.5x3.5 dye cut ones that are offered by the lab, at 2x3.5, and it will be a heavier paper used, probably pearl gloss as well.

Do you think customers will complain about the slightly skinner print?

I really like the idea of the image on the reverse with my info, so every wallet given will have my contact info on the back.

I don't know i think if the customer is going to pay so much to get prints I think having your info plastered all over the back may be a bit much. I mean if you were giving them a great deal on wallets then I could see this, but if they are paying full price i don't think its right. If they like your work they will tell people about it, simple as that.

gfp
THREAD ­ STARTER
245 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 27, 2011 23:31 |  #44

well its not really plastered, it will be my logo, name and contact info, in an elegant way. :)

And my wallet prices will actually be cheaper per wallet than before, but they will have to pay twice as much as before, to cover the additional costs. so 3x as many wallets for 2x the price. Even cheaper if they go for 48 of the same design.

Branding the work isnt a new concept, virtually everything out there has the creators logo and/or name on it.

My main concern is people wont like the heavier paper, or the fact the wallet will be slightly more narrow than the average wallet. But in reality it will be 1/8" narrower than my regular large wallets, but 0.5" longer.

im also playing with the idea of putting my logo as a watermark on my prints. :) I tried this a while ago but it isnt something I stuck to for very long. But I am trying to work on my brand recognition/value.

sevillafox
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 28, 2011 08:26 |  #45

I logo the front of my wallets. Easy little action in photoshop.

However, kids like to write on the back of their wallets to hand out to other kids. I work in a HS....I see this every year.

IMO using the rep cards is just not as cool. You could offer them as a cheaper option but explain the difference. But, I know that kids like the die cut wallet look.

Tiffany

sponsored links (only for non-logged)

12,969 views & 0 likes for this thread, 13 members have posted to it.
HS Senior Representative - how do you do it?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Forums   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset   •  Home

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.