Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 31 Jan 2011 (Monday) 14:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Tamrac Evolution 8 vs. ThinkTank Streetwalker Harddrive

tagakweens
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 31, 2011 14:28 |  #1

I have a Tamrac Evolution 8 right now and thinking of replacing it with the ThinkTank Harddrive.

I would need a camera backpack that also takes a 15.6 laptop... the Tamrac Evolution 8 does that right now, but I'm thinking that if I accumulate more gear (lens) in the future, it might not fit... the thinktank I think is more "future proof"...

What do you guys think?

Thank you.

sponsored links
muskyhunter
Goldmember
1,137 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 31, 2011 15:22 |  #2

I have the TT Streetwalker HD and it's great. It is little to big for bringing around everywhere but perfect for travel or long walks. For the quick in and out of the city i prefer my Vangaurd Uprise 38.

Both are great bags....

TT was $180 and the Uprise 38 was $150....

tagakweens
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 31, 2011 15:25 |  #3

I have a kata access 18-pl as my everyday bag.... the TT streetwalker HD would be for my travel....

thanks for the input...

CxThree
713 posts
Joined May 2009

Jan 31, 2011 18:28 |  #4

TT SW HD is a great bag. Very well designed and comfortable to wear. I love mine. If you want something a little smaller, look at the Streetwalker Pro.

Canon EOS 5D MKIII, 7D
Canon Lenses : 70-200 F2.8L II IS : 24-105 F4L IS : 16-35 F2.8L : 50mm F1.4 : 85mm F1.8 : 100mm F2.8 Macro : 10-22mm
4x 600EX-RT
Speedotron Black Line

tagakweens
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 01, 2011 13:00 |  #5

you guys convinced me.... I'm selling my tamrac evolution 8 and will be getting the TT SW HD... I also saw the SW Pro, but I needed something to hold my laptop... so you guys are right... the TT SW HD is the perfect bag (and sort of like future proof for me).

thanks so much...

328iGuy
Goldmember
3,591 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2004

May 17, 2011 13:26 |  #6

tagakweens wrote in post #11756843 (external link)
you guys convinced me.... I'm selling my tamrac evolution 8 and will be getting the TT SW HD... I also saw the SW Pro, but I needed something to hold my laptop... so you guys are right... the TT SW HD is the perfect bag (and sort of like future proof for me).

thanks so much...

So did you get your SW HD as of yet?

Interested on your opinion?

Considering picking one up myself to replace my Computrekker AW.

Canon 5D IV | Canon 5D III | 16-35L III | 24-70L II | 85L II | 70-200LII | 300 2.8 L

MR ­ do ­ little
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Joined Oct 2008

May 17, 2011 13:47 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

The TT hardrive are taller, thinner and deeper compared to the Lowepro Computrekker AW.

I personally prefer the shape of the TT Hardrive, it's as thought out as the rest of their lineup. I really like the tripod pocket, much prefer it to Lowepros/Kata's solutions.

Regards
Paul L.

328iGuy
Goldmember
3,591 posts
Joined Dec 2004

May 17, 2011 14:57 |  #8

MR do little wrote in post #12427522 (external link)
The TT hardrive are taller, thinner and deeper compared to the Lowepro Computrekker AW.

I personally prefer the shape of the TT Hardrive, it's as thought out as the rest of their lineup. I really like the tripod pocket, much prefer it to Lowepros/Kata's solutions.

Thanks for the input. I may stop by Henry's tonight and have a look!

Canon 5D IV | Canon 5D III | 16-35L III | 24-70L II | 85L II | 70-200LII | 300 2.8 L

MR ­ do ­ little
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Joined Oct 2008

May 17, 2011 15:10 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

Another thing i noticed is that the TT hardrive (and this goes for most of the TT bags) is that it's very flexible yet sturdy. This allows you to pack the bag really full without you having to worry about zippers or seams failing.

My first Kata 222-UL was returned after the first assignment i used it(top compartment where i fit the Quadra battery pack had two lose seams), sure it was probably a dud. (i didn't force the quadra in, but it was a snug fit)

Regards
Paul L.

328iGuy
Goldmember
3,591 posts
Joined Dec 2004

May 17, 2011 16:59 |  #10

MR do little wrote in post #12427981 (external link)
Another thing i noticed is that the TT hardrive (and this goes for most of the TT bags) is that it's very flexible yet sturdy. This allows you to pack the bag really full without you having to worry about zippers or seams failing.

My first Kata 222-UL was returned after the first assignment i used it(top compartment where i fit the Quadra battery pack had two lose seams), sure it was probably a dud. (i didn't force the quadra in, but it was a snug fit)

I just went and bought one and already switched over my gear, with space to space to spare.

So far so good and love the size of the bag, seems so much smaller than my CompuTrekker yet it fits more!

tagakweens
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 18, 2011 09:31 |  #11

CxThree wrote in post #11751654 (external link)
TT SW HD is a great bag. Very well designed and comfortable to wear. I love mine. If you want something a little smaller, look at the Streetwalker Pro.

would the streetwalker fit a gripped 7D?

thanks

tagakweens
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 18, 2011 09:32 |  #12

328iGuy wrote in post #12427379 (external link)
So did you get your SW HD as of yet?

Interested on your opinion?

Considering picking one up myself to replace my Computrekker AW.

got my SW HD.. and I love it! the only downside, there's so much room, I want to get more glass to fill up the bag! lol

Nick5
Goldmember
3,101 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 18, 2011 11:30 |  #13

The Tamrac Evolution 8 and Think Tank Streetwalker HD are two different style bags.
The Tamrac allows you to access while walking. The TT HardDrive is a traditional backpack that must be removed to access your gear.
The TT does hold more gear.
Both are different tools in the box.
If you like the Tamrac's convenience, you may want to "add" the ThinkTank for your different needs.
I have yet to find just one "perfect" bag.

Canon 5D Mark III (x2), BG-E11 Grips, 7D (x2) BG-E7 Grips, Canon Lenses 16-35 f/4 L IS, 17-40 f/4 L, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II, 70-200 f/4 L IS, 70-200 f/4 L IS Version II, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS Version II, TS-E 24 f/3.5 L II, 100 f/2.8 L Macro IS, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 17-55 f/2.8 L IS, 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender III, 5 Canon 600 EX-RT, 2 Canon ST-E3 Transmitters, Canon Pixma PRO-10 Printer

tagakweens
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 18, 2011 11:35 |  #14

Nick5 wrote in post #12433735 (external link)
The Tamrac Evolution 8 and Think Tank Streetwalker HD are two different style bags.
The Tamrac allows you to access while walking. The TT HardDrive is a traditional backpack that must be removed to access your gear.
The TT does hold more gear.
Both are different tools in the box.
If you like the Tamrac's convenience, you may want to "add" the ThinkTank for your different needs.
I have yet to find just one "perfect" bag.

I 100% agree, after getting the TT SW HD, I found myself looking for another "walk around" backpack.... my main use for the TT SW HD would be for travel w/ my laptop... although I have my kata access 18pl, i think i'm now leaning towards a small backpack for my walkaround everyday needs... but it's so tough to find a small backpack that would fit a gripped 7D.....

I was looking at a flipside 200, but i'm not sure if it would fit a gripped 7D, the flipside 300 would be a bit big for my taste as an everyday bag...

the TT streetwalker is just too expensive....

any thoughts/suggestions?

thanks

sponsored links

6,422 views & 0 likes for this thread
Tamrac Evolution 8 vs. ThinkTank Streetwalker Harddrive
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.