Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 08 Jan 2011 (Saturday) 14:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My new site

DONKEYTROLL
307 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 08, 2011 14:35 |  #1

Hi there,

I have a couple of sites on the go,

my latest is a portfolio site really, which in time Im looking to incorporate a payment system. it can be found at - http://www.donjw.com (external link) - please check out the sliding gallery feature!

My rock and metal music webzine can be found at http://www.circlepit.t​v (external link) and we are getting huge hits on there now...just need to get some relevant advertisers on board.

thanks for looking! \m/

Canon 60d with Canon 18-55mm,Canon 28-80mm, canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 50mm 1.4, Tamron 17-50mm, Sigma 70-200 2.8 and Samyang Fisheye 8mm f3.5!
Official Photographer for Laney Amplification, Ibanez Guitars UK and Tama Drums UK
www.the-don.org (external link)

sponsored links
DONKEYTROLL
THREAD ­ STARTER
307 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 09, 2011 04:40 |  #2

Bump??

Canon 60d with Canon 18-55mm,Canon 28-80mm, canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 50mm 1.4, Tamron 17-50mm, Sigma 70-200 2.8 and Samyang Fisheye 8mm f3.5!
Official Photographer for Laney Amplification, Ibanez Guitars UK and Tama Drums UK

Michaelmjc
not cool enough
4,832 posts
Joined May 2004

Jan 12, 2011 12:20 |  #3

Some really awesome landscapes!!! that gallery is hella cool.

Yyz Design (external link)

DONKEYTROLL
THREAD ­ STARTER
307 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 13, 2011 05:41 |  #4

Michaelmjc wrote in post #11625131 (external link)
Some really awesome landscapes!!! that gallery is hella cool.

Thank you so much for your kind words!! much appreciated :)

bfleck51
400 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jan 13, 2011 06:06 |  #5

Nice job...looks great! The only thing I would change is some of your captions...remove file numbers and resize ect.

http://www.rivervalley​poodles.com/ (external link)
5D/7D/MKlll/D200

DONKEYTROLL
THREAD ­ STARTER
307 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 13, 2011 12:37 |  #6

bfleck51 wrote in post #11630759 (external link)
Nice job...looks great! The only thing I would change is some of your captions...remove file numbers and resize ect.

Damn, I knew I had forgotten something, cheers for pointing that out!!

thanks again!

TheLostVertex
520 posts
Joined May 2009

Jan 13, 2011 12:53 |  #7

Over all I like it. Some nice landscape photos. Things I would change though, the no right click script is useless and the wording you have feels like you are slapping users in the face. It does not effect anybody with 2 cents worth of web knowledge. Gallery isnt bad(coming from some one who normally hates flash), but I would make the gallery size larger to make the photos fill up the whole space allotted by the site. There also seems to be an error in displaying the gallery page in safari where the content wrappers are misaligned. The gallery seems to scroll a bit fast for me, if you have the ability to change that I would.

Here is rendering error I am seeing.
http://img151.imagesha​ck.us …reenshot2011011​3at150.png (external link)

Steven R.
Flickr (external link)
500px (external link)

martkal44
245 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jan 22, 2011 10:10 |  #8

Some awesome landscapes on there! That homepage one is brilliant.

Recently set up my own website too. Different style, but I am looking to boost my traffic and I was wondering if you would like me to link your new portfolio site in my links page? In return doing the same on yours? KaluzaImages (external link)

iTunes Series CodEye - CodEye (external link)
CodEye on YouTube - CodEye (external link)
Golf Course & Event Photography - www.kaluzaimages.com (external link)
Other Photography - http://www.facebook.co​m/martinkaluzaphotogra​phy (external link)

DONKEYTROLL
THREAD ­ STARTER
307 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 24, 2011 03:30 |  #9

martkal44 wrote in post #11691714 (external link)
Some awesome landscapes on there! That homepage one is brilliant.

Recently set up my own website too. Different style, but I am looking to boost my traffic and I was wondering if you would like me to link your new portfolio site in my links page? In return doing the same on yours? KaluzaImages (external link)

Hi there!

thanks for the great comments. I cant put a link on my www.donjw.com (external link) website as its very similar competition to mine, but if you like I can put one on my www.circlepit.tv (external link) site for you. I have a links page on there and we got lots of visitors too.

Thanks again!

Don

DONKEYTROLL
THREAD ­ STARTER
307 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 24, 2011 03:31 |  #10

update...I have also changed the file names etc, as previously mentioned. Thanks everyone!

martkal44
245 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jan 24, 2011 11:24 |  #11

DONKEYTROLL wrote in post #11702883 (external link)
Hi there!

thanks for the great comments. I cant put a link on my www.donjw.com (external link) website as its very similar competition to mine, but if you like I can put one on my www.circlepit.tv (external link) site for you. I have a links page on there and we got lots of visitors too.

Thanks again!

Don

I will inbox you now.

iTunes Series CodEye - CodEye (external link)
CodEye on YouTube - CodEye (external link)
Golf Course & Event Photography - www.kaluzaimages.com (external link)
Other Photography - http://www.facebook.co​m/martinkaluzaphotogra​phy (external link)

WISTOOCK
64 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 26, 2011 09:45 |  #12

Really nice web, and Grat pictures! the galleries are awesome!

Nature Photography and conservation of Bolivian montane forest:
http://diversidadentre​pendientes.wordpress.c​om/ (external link)

DONKEYTROLL
THREAD ­ STARTER
307 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 30, 2011 17:25 |  #13

WISTOOCK wrote in post #11717562 (external link)
Really nice web, and Grat pictures! the galleries are awesome!

I really appreciate your comments, many thanks!

Don

Hedley
197 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 31, 2011 15:36 |  #14

Only personal opinion, but the transition is a bit OTT for me, or maybe the red on the rotating blocks is a bit much. Once I'd seen it a dozen times, that was enough

sudhaa
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 01, 2011 00:26 |  #15

general

hi,

Thank you so much for your kind words!! much appreciated .....:)

Kanyakumari tour (external link) | Kanyakumari Sunrise and Sunset (external link) | Budget Hotels In kanyakumari (external link)

sponsored links

3,266 views & 0 likes for this thread
My new site
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.