Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 31 Jan 2011 (Monday) 10:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Trying a new medium

maxharvard
373 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 31, 2011 10:58 |  #1

Thinking of the ubiquitous 'car poster' on every teenagers wall. Trying my hand on my own work.

What do y'all think?

http://impermanence.ku​ngphu.com …Chevy_Malibu_12​00x615.jpg (external link)

This car was named "BLACKEND" by the owner.... purposefully misspelled. :)

http://impermanence.ku​ngphu.com/backgrounds/​Cuda_1200x607.jpg (external link)

*note - I put links instead of images for size reasons.

Impermanence Photography (external link)
D3 | D200/grip | 14-24 f2.8 | 24-70 f2.8| 70-200VR f2.8 | 105 f2.8 | SB900 | SB600 | 2xB800 | Cybersyncs

sponsored links
snyderman
Cream of the Crop
7,084 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 31, 2011 11:06 |  #2

I think they're both pretty cool. Not quite enough info in #2 ... is that a Hemi Challenger? In any event, a band I was in several years back did a lot of classic car shows. The vehicle owners have money and would truly LOVE to have something like the poster of the Chevy in your first link. Good stuff and probably marketable, too!

dave

Canon 5D2 > 35L-85L-135L

PhotosGuy
Cream of the Crop
75,941 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Jan 31, 2011 12:13 |  #3

#1: Already commented in the other thread, except that now I notice a tiny halo at the tail end.

Not quite enough info in #2

I like what you did with it, but a bit of light reflecting of the far edge of the hood would be nice, too.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

medicdude
Goldmember
1,898 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 31, 2011 22:43 |  #4

wow that cuda is nice. or what we can see of it anyway.

Dustin
5D3 : Lenses : Flashes

big_d
345 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 01, 2011 08:48 |  #5

ugh the text is too distracting in the 1st pic

maybe not so tight of a crop and a smaller text size? it'll make it look alot cleaner. if you want email me the version without the text and ill show you what im talking about...

derek.bartolo@gmail.co​m (external link)

Canon 5D MK2/Canon 40D/Canon Rebel XT - Canon 16-35mm F2.8 L , Canon 24-105mm F4 L , Canon 70-200mm F2.8 L , Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 18-55mm (Kit Lens), Sigma 70-300mm APO DG, Peleng 8mm Fish-eye, Canon 580 EX Speedlite II

evilswans
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 01, 2011 09:00 |  #6

that first one is a cracker mate, love it!

http://www.flickr.com …s/matthewtomsph​otography/ (external link)

bsmotril
Goldmember
2,528 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 01, 2011 12:11 |  #7

Don't care for the tilted horizon at all in the first one. The angle adds nothing to the composition IMHO and looks contrived. Love the second one.

Gear List
Galleries: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/smopho/ (external link) --- http://billsmotrilla.z​enfolio.com/ (external link)

HarleyHuffman
418 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 01, 2011 23:29 |  #8

bsmotril wrote in post #11756515 (external link)
Don't care for the tilted horizon at all in the first one. The angle adds nothing to the composition IMHO and looks contrived. Love the second one.

Agreed about the 1st one, the angle pulls attention away from the car.

Canon 7D, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 16-35/2.8 L II USM AF, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, 580EX II, bags of sb-26(s)
dictated (but not read...) :twisted:

RadAL
Cream of the Crop
9,633 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 02, 2011 00:27 |  #9

not into the big wheels on muscle cars but the first one is nice and good angle.

Equipment: Canon PowerShot A650IS (semi retired) and Canon Powershot G10 (primary) and Rebel XT 350D w/18-55mm kit lens and Quanterey 18-200mm-- www.youtube.com/alexan​der1485 (external link) (has links to some of my pictures on the main page)

JCAMER
93 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 02, 2011 07:04 |  #10

I'm liking that first picture. I think the second image would look much better if you could see an outline of the entire car. I cannot see the bottom edge of the car because it blends in with the background. Keep up the good work and keep posting pictures, thanks!

sponsored links

1,830 views & 0 likes for this thread
Trying a new medium
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.