Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 31 Jan 2011 (Monday) 21:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How many shutter clicks do you use on a given day of shooting?

KVN ­ Photo
Goldmember
1,940 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 31, 2011 23:07 |  #16

Usually 200/day, and about 15 are good and 3 are great.

X-Pro1 + 18-55 f/2.8-4 OIS + 55-200 f/3.8-4.5 OIS
TS-E 24 f/3.5L II + XF 35 f/1.4 + XF 56 f/1.2
Sony RX100 II + G12
Travel the world!

sponsored links
LiberationFrequency
Goldmember
1,334 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 31, 2011 23:08 |  #17

Anywhere from 50 to.... a hair under 1000 during sporting events.

Createsean
994 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 01, 2011 00:46 |  #18

Today was 39 but I was just looking for a photo for my 365project. But if I'm going somewhere special then easily 300+ in one day.

I shot 1800 when I did a timelapse video in January (external link).

I'm looking for harsh criticism of my photos - tell me how to improve, I will be grateful.
My Gear | My web development business Caffeine Creations (external link) | flickr (external link) |My Photo Blog (external link)

kmk251145
104 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 01, 2011 04:46 |  #19

Createsean wrote in post #11753922 (external link)
Today was 39 but I was just looking for a photo for my 365project. But if I'm going somewhere special then easily 300+ in one day.

I shot 1800 when I did a timelapse video in January (external link).

Nice video. What was the interval rate between frames?

Createsean
994 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 01, 2011 04:47 |  #20

1 frame per second

I'm looking for harsh criticism of my photos - tell me how to improve, I will be grateful.
My Gear | My web development business Caffeine Creations (external link) | flickr (external link) |My Photo Blog (external link)

DetlevCM
Goldmember
3,431 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Feb 01, 2011 06:00 |  #21

...why do these threads return all the time...

-> The answer is, it depends on what you shoot. If you shoot landscapes you shoot less compared to sports.
And even for the same person it can vary a lot.

Sometimes I fill 1-2 cards in a day (up to 500/600 images) - sometimes I can't even fill one.
The "worst" was possibly the Wroclaw Fountain where I put about 1000 clicks on my 5D MK II in about 3 hours in a single evening - how many did I actively keep - a few, but not that many obviously.

5D MK II AF Satisfaction Poll | Reduced Kit List
A Basic Guide to Photographyexternal link | Websiteexternal link
Flickrexternal link | Artflakesexternal link | Blurbexternal link

Bang ­ Bang ­ Boy
Goldmember
1,347 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 01, 2011 06:17 |  #22

On a model shoot? 30 pictures on each model. Maybe fifty. Alot of models and I am up around 600 shots a day.

When shooting landscape I am much nicer to the shutter and only take around 10-20 pictures on each occation. Then again, I have time to think and adjust angles before I push the shutter button.

Lots of old stuff but hey I am a student
Photojournalist in Johannesburg.

anothernewb
361 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 01, 2011 11:14 |  #23

how many depends on where. my last trip to Hawaii I was up in the 1000+ per day. last camping trip I took 100 over 4 days. simple math for me really. the odds of getting back to a particular place/event to me dictate how much time I want to spend capturing memories of the event. even the rebel line has a shutter life of 100,000 now. If I even manage to burn out a shutter - replacing it or even the whole body's is easy. You may never get another chance to recreate some of the events you are trying to capture. My philosophy is pretty brutally simple. If my intent is to take pictures then I'm 125% into taking the pictures. If my intent is to enjoy the moment in front of the lens- then the camera might not get used at all.

Gripped 80D,10-18 STM, 55-250 IS STM, 15-85 IS USM, 85 1.8, 10-400 II, 430 EX II

led ­ hed
Goldmember
1,929 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 01, 2011 11:16 |  #24

these type of threads are useless.

along with "show us your gear"
nobody reads them anyways.

Rob - "a photographer is a painter, in a hurry!"
Canon 7D ~ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS MKII ~ Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS ~ Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon 430EX ~ Canon EF 2.0X III Telephoto Extender ~ Canon SX230 HS

Miklebud
130 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Feb 01, 2011 11:17 |  #25

About 100-200 a day, depending on where I am. I limit myself because I only have 6GB of CF cards.

50D, Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, Sigma 18-50 DC EX Macro, Canon 100 2.8 Macro, Canon 55-250 IS, Canon 50 1.8II, Yongnuo 460-II
Flickr (external link)

DetlevCM
Goldmember
3,431 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Feb 01, 2011 11:18 |  #26

led hed wrote in post #11756185 (external link)
these type of threads are useless.

along with "show us your gear"
nobody reads them anyways.

You already did by posting in here ;) now while I agree that the thread is useless, especially as it gets asked over and over again, would you mind sharing your clicks ;):)

5D MK II AF Satisfaction Poll | Reduced Kit List
A Basic Guide to Photographyexternal link | Websiteexternal link
Flickrexternal link | Artflakesexternal link | Blurbexternal link

led ­ hed
Goldmember
1,929 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 01, 2011 11:24 |  #27

DetlevCM wrote in post #11756197 (external link)
You already did by posting in here ;) now while I agree that the thread is useless, especially as it gets asked over and over again, would you mind sharing your clicks ;):)

in this cold weather, minimal amount of shooting is done by me, i hate the cold.

Rob - "a photographer is a painter, in a hurry!"
Canon 7D ~ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS MKII ~ Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS ~ Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon 430EX ~ Canon EF 2.0X III Telephoto Extender ~ Canon SX230 HS

atulrakhra
62 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 01, 2011 11:31 |  #28

500 per day for family events like weddings(Indian Weddings have loads of people). I'm not a pro. I just enjoy photography and I love taking pics of my family.

200-300 per day for holidays.

My keeper rate is barely 10%.

Atul Rakhra
Gripped Canon EOS 400D
Kit Lens 18-55mm non-IS | Nifty Two Fifty | Nifty Fifty
580ex II

patrick ­ j
Goldmember
1,876 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 01, 2011 11:59 as a reply to  @ atulrakhra's post |  #29

Most of my photography is done while trying to climb a mountain, then it is in the 80-100 range. Driving through the mountains (I live in Colorado) with the idea of just taking photos and I can get up to 200 shots in a day, most of which seem to be junk.

(funny that people read a thread and leave a comment that no one reads that thread....)

Flickr (external link)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 01, 2011 12:54 |  #30

If when you go over those images and find that it's a waste of time because most of them are not decent images, then that's a good lesson for you to take some time in capturing an image!

Sure, in some situations/scenarios getting a shot per minute (or less) is called for -- the answers "it depends" are correct, so it's up to you and what you are shooting whether that's called for. So you say you were in Death Valley -- were you shooting things that compelled thousands of shots? If so and you managed to get well-composed compelling subject matter without doing 5 shots of the same thing then who's to criticize that? I can imagine, for instance, the possibility of desert critters and cacti and whatever could keep me quite busy, but if I'm concentrating on shooting scenic photos I'd probably spend more time in composing scenes that conveyed my vision of the scene, hence less overall shots but hopeflly ones that would communicate something to viewers.

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

sponsored links

8,483 views & 0 likes for this thread
How many shutter clicks do you use on a given day of shooting?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.