Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 01 Feb 2011 (Tuesday) 13:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New whip- Picked up Saturday with 4 rings. R8!!

Jdmhood
455 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 01, 2011 13:08 |  #1

Just want to share my new ride I originally planned on buying a 2011 WRX awhile back but..

Never got around to doing it. The more i look at the car, the more "boy-racer" it looked. I'm already 24 now and i honestly don't know how i would feel still driving it in my late 20's. Just recently got a pay raise at my job last year and i could actually "manage" to afford something a little better.

I looked and looked and looked. This vehicle i found was perfect for me, great utility, drives excellent being a cross-over based on the A4.

I bought a brand new 2011 Audi Q5 3.2L Premium Plus with Navigation and S-Line package. I picked it up this passing Saturday and i absolutely adore it. Paid a little more then i wanted but the southeast region is short on this car. The first dealer i went to would only take $480 off MSRP and the second dealership wouldn't even budge on the price. This wasn't the color that i really wanted.. but it's something that i could live with.

Sorry.. I baited and switch on you guys, No R8 eye candy :lol:

Heres a few pictures of it.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i105.photobucke​t.com …223/Jdmhoodz/_M​G_9121.jpg (external link)

http://i105.photobucke​t.com …223/Jdmhoodz/_M​G_9132.jpg (external link)

/semi-artistic shots.

Trunk is a decent size.

http://i105.photobucke​t.com …223/Jdmhoodz/_M​G_9139.jpg (external link)

Let me know if you guys want to see the interior. I'll upload those if you wanna see.

Cheers.

Bodies- 5D Mark II | 7D
Gear- Canon 100L IS Macro | Canon 135L | Sigma 50/1.4 EX DG | Canon 70-200L 2.8 Mark II | Canon 24-70L | Canon 50 f/1.8 | Canon 1.4 Extender | Speedlite 430 EX II | Speedlite 580 EX II | Kenko Extension Tube Set | Feisol CT-3442 Tripod | Feisol CM-1471 Monopod | Photo Clam PC-44NS ballhead
Currently Reading- Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision by David duChemin (external link)

Jdmhood
THREAD ­ STARTER
455 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 01, 2011 13:12 |  #2

Also some more shots from last night.

Didn't get the shot i wanted since i couldn't find a suitable location. But that doesn't mean i won't keep trying later!

These are results from last night. I lost a umbrella, 10lb sandbag wasn't enough to keep my lightstand planted on a windy night. Lucky the umbrella cushioned the fall or i'll lose out on one of my flash units.

2x bare flash off camera with no modifiers. I definitely need more practice with off camera flash.

They're decent but no where near good enough! Lots of shots in here puts me to shame.. Pointers? :P

http://i105.photobucke​t.com …3/Jdmhoodz/_MG_​9152-2.jpg (external link)

http://i105.photobucke​t.com …3/Jdmhoodz/_MG_​9170-2.jpg (external link)

http://i105.photobucke​t.com …3/Jdmhoodz/_MG_​9172-2.jpg (external link)

This one was shot with 1 light but more ambient lighting.

http://i105.photobucke​t.com …3/Jdmhoodz/_MG_​9180-2.jpg (external link)

Bodies- 5D Mark II | 7D
Gear- Canon 100L IS Macro | Canon 135L | Sigma 50/1.4 EX DG | Canon 70-200L 2.8 Mark II | Canon 24-70L | Canon 50 f/1.8 | Canon 1.4 Extender | Speedlite 430 EX II | Speedlite 580 EX II | Kenko Extension Tube Set | Feisol CT-3442 Tripod | Feisol CM-1471 Monopod | Photo Clam PC-44NS ballhead
Currently Reading- Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision by David duChemin (external link)

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 01, 2011 13:28 |  #3

Jdmhood wrote in post #11756900 (external link)
The more i look at the car, the more "boy-racer" it looked. I'm already 24 now and i honestly don't know how i would feel still driving it in my late 20's.

So you went with "Snooty Soccer Mom" over "Boy Racer"?????

Just messsing with you!:D

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

zerinS4
124 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 01, 2011 13:44 |  #4

Welcome to the 4-ring family. Have a B8 S4 right now and have had several others in the past.

Zerin Dube
Canon 7D & 40D - 17-40 f/4L - 24-70 f/2.8L - 70-200 f/2.8L IS MKII - 300 f/2.8L IS - Canon 1.4x III - 580EX

p27rpy
Goldmember
1,418 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 01, 2011 16:09 |  #5

looks great!

Theo Civitello - Houston Based Automotive, Wedding & Life Photography (external link)
Flickr (external link)
My Blog - Latest uploads and detailed Strobist info! (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

943 views & 0 likes for this thread
New whip- Picked up Saturday with 4 rings. R8!!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.