Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 01 Feb 2011 (Tuesday) 21:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My daughter at 10 days

Abell
21 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 01, 2011 21:32 |  #1

Here is a shot of my daughter at 10 days. Any CC is welcomed.
I don't know how to use photoshop yet, so any suggestions for how to remove the diaper marks on number 2 would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5213/5401731609_967da1302d_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/5409635156_2c389fe709_z.jpg
Andrea

sponsored links
mathogre
Goldmember
3,724 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 01, 2011 22:56 |  #2

She's a beautiful baby! Congratulations and the best of health to her, you, and the rest of your family. These are nice photos. :D

C&C...

1. You might want to have her head more to the right in the photo. At present her eyes are in the middle of the image. Also, if/when the day comes that you use some image editing software, you could brighten her just a bit.

2. While the right foot seems to be in a somewhat odd position, it's really fine. My daughter would often put one finger between the big toe and second toe on her left foot. Go figure. (At 12 y.o., she doesn't do that anymore. Shame in some ways.)

As far as the wrinkles, she's your baby. No one else is going to care unless you're trying to get her photo on a box of Ivory Snow. (Do they still make that?) If you want to get rid of the wrinkles naturally, she needs to be out of a diaper (and probably on something that is absorbent and has a protective outer layer) for some time, perhaps an hour. Immediately after bath time would be a good time for that. Set up for a shoot, bathe her, and then do the photos.

Enjoy raising her. :D

Graham
Canon A BIG ONE A Small One An itty bitty one
My Photo Collection (external link)

HeatherSik
Goldmember
3,434 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Feb 01, 2011 23:10 |  #3

I agree Graham's assessment with the CC. They are really cure photos.

How old is your daughter now? If she is under 14 days you can still get some cute sleepy baby photos.

Heat, white noise and close contact with the baby and she will be in dream land.

The photos you have are keepers but if she is about 14 days or less then you have another chance or two to get some more nice photos to add. She is a cutie and congrats.

Oh I will use the clone tool to remove the diaper marks but I do anything and everything to tell my clients to no put a diaper on tight the day of the session. Good luck and again cute baby.

Heather S.
"We look at the world and see what we have learned to believe is there. We have been conditioned to expect... but, as photographers, we must learn to relax our beliefs.
Links: Website (external link)| Blog (external link)

kira_akira
24 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 02, 2011 00:05 |  #4

Beautiful !!

Children Portrait (external link) | Pet portrait (external link) | Family Portrait (external link)

Abell
THREAD ­ STARTER
21 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 02, 2011 08:13 |  #5

Thanks for all the great comments. She is now 15 days old but she still has some of those deep sleep afternoons. I guess I will try to get some more of her. But she has been pretty alert since birth so let's hope that I can get some of those sleepy shots. :)

dotTif
2009 SMWYG Photog of the Year
3,257 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 02, 2011 09:20 |  #6

Congratulations! You're going to have so much fun photographing her all the time :D

-Your Benevolent Duchess of Awesomeness-
Facebook (external link) | Gallery (external link)
What's Your Affliction?

jenirose3
Goldmember
1,268 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 02, 2011 11:46 |  #7

1 - teeny bit dark
2 - i think the focus fell on her hiney

good first try...keep at it

Jeni
Canon 5D|20D|L Glass|Primes|ABs|580ex​II|pocketwizards
Looking for: Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
http://www.lolaandme.c​om (external link), http://www.provocateur​photography.com (external link), http://www.modelmayhem​.com/provocateurphotog​raphy (external link)

jase1125
Goldmember
3,027 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined May 2010

Feb 02, 2011 22:28 |  #8

Beautiful, beautiful little girl. What editing program do you use? I did a levels adjustment to bring up the image brightness a little. I then selected the eyes and did a curves adjustment to brighten them selectively. Finally just a tad of evening out the skin tones/texture. Let me know if you would like me to remove these edits.

The second one it looks like you missed focus on her face. Make sure to have the focus point on one of her eyes (and recompose if necessary).

She is a doll! Have fun photographing her.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Jason

Abell
THREAD ­ STARTER
21 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 03, 2011 16:16 |  #9

Thanks Jason. Those edits look great. I currently have photoshop but do not know how to do all the editting functions. Need to learn more on this.

sponsored links

1,661 views & 0 likes for this thread
My daughter at 10 days
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.